Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: my tv recording is here!   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2] 3    >   >>
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Pgh_flamenco

RE: my tv recording is here! (in reply to at_leo_87

Nice, long piece and no evidence of performance anxiety. Really impressive, Anthony! Thanks for posting.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 18 2010 14:11:30

dpalfstad

Add mine to the list of attaboys! I REALLY enjoyed watching the program. The guitar playing was great and the dancing was captivating! Thanks for posting this.

Dave A.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 18 2010 15:08:05

Florian

EYYYYYY

you sexy TV superstar man..!!!

excellent stuff bro and you played really good in front of the camera...that's supper hard and it really tests your nerves...it would have been nice if you has some encouragement from the guy and girl but i understand they were probably just as nervous too

edit ...just watched spb

hey is the other guitarist a member here too ? if so please forghive what i am about to say i just think it needs to be said..hes a good guitarrist but man that sexy girl ( shes allright ) is dancing her heart out with emotions and dynamics in the solea por bulerias and the accompanying sounds like a recording, its acctualy holding it back.... the volume or dynamics dosent change regardless of what she does...id love to see him with her more..hes not there just to follow but to bring out what she does even more...she needs some help and inspiration too from the guitarrist ...he should be able to push her to inspire her to give even more..thats our job as guitarrists

maybe i am beeing a bit unfair on him cause i only know you....and if he is aware of everything i just said and it was only cause of nerves then ignore what i just said

Just watched Alegrias..

OLE THATS my boy !!! dynamics ...flamenco

i love it...i dont care what u play, i dont care if theres mistakes (not that i am saying u did ...just an example), i dont care if notes get fluffed as long as you play with some conviction...in flamenco il forghive anything but i wont forghive lack of conviction or dynamics...we not there to apologise with our playing ...we there to fu*k sh*t up yo feel me lol

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 18 2010 15:49:57

RTC

RE: my tv recording is here! (in reply to Florian

Anthony:
I am sure you are very proud of yourself. It was great!
You have arrived.
Congratulations.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 18 2010 16:14:22

gj Michelob

quote:

okay they posted it online!
you get to see my composition piece in the beginning, then i play the alegrias at 18:00 in. a few mess ups here, some big, some small, but oh well.

http://www.blip.tv/file/3635051

What a true pleasure, Anthony, to watch your performance. Poised and delicate, focused and translucent. Your solo is enticing, but mindful of the title of the show. Accordingly, your accompaniment cherished the dance, nearly detached from the scene, with a selfless sense of duty. A romantic flirting with the dancer’s steps.

From the perspective of someone who only enjoys solo guitar, watching you reminded me again that flamenco is a collegial effort, a synergy of sound, rhythm and movement.

I am truly impressed and so pleased.
Thank you for sharing this lovely momento.
bravo

gj Michelob
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 18 2010 17:01:35

cathulu

A very heartfelt congratulations! That was awesome, and brought a great smile to my face.

I even heard your jaleo. A few more of those would have been great! Just give'r. And the second guitarist, he should have given some Jaleos also for encouragement - there was lots of opportunity to do so during your Alegrias. No doubt more will come with experience.

I must think it feels weird yelling jaleos during a performance the first time when everyone can here them clear as day and no one else is going to join in. Because we aint spanish it somehow feels like a fraud - at least that is the way I think about it. Something only a few beers can solve I guess LOL :^) I hope that is something we can get over, it must be something that we overcome.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 18 2010 18:38:40

at_leo_87

RE: my tv recording is here! (in reply to Escribano

quote:

Tough one, you did well and you have a keepsake forever, the floor I mean

but the hinges are already falling apart, nothing lasts forever thanks simon!

quote:

one small remark if I may, not to criticize, but a technical one - if you manage to hit the strings more you're playing will sound even twice as good. just a little bit more stregth into it, so the wood will give out its best.

no worries, i like constructive criticism. i feel like the guitar is already topping out with how hard i'm playing already, like i'm reaching it's limits. maybe it's time to step up to a navarro student.

quote:

I heard some ideas from Vicente, is it correct?

maybe. im influenced by all the masters. but it certainly wasn't intentional. strangely enough, this song was directly influenced by evelyn glennie's vibraphone playing more than anything, though it barely resembles her amazing playing at all.

quote:

Good flamenco tone and compas too, the cajon is not that easy to manage.

thank you! i hate the cajon because of what it does to the hands. but they are fun to play.

quote:

She's cute as button. Great job on the solo, I'm starting to get worried for the comp challenge

hehe, i told her you said that. thanks, i can't wait to hear your piece!

quote:

Now I know your style, maybe you don't have to play La Barrosa after all.

ok, because trying to play la barrosa will cut my life span in half.

quote:

You have to be convinced of it!!
True scene which i witnessed:
"Hey i just made my first Jaleo"
- Really? I didnt notice...

haha, well it's not so bad if i got some duende juice aka beer flowing inside of me.

quote:

Nice, long piece and no evidence of performance anxiety. Really impressive, Anthony! Thanks for posting.

thanks! i've been working on live performance but recording is a whole different game!

quote:

Add mine to the list of attaboys! I REALLY enjoyed watching the program. The guitar playing was great and the dancing was captivating! Thanks for posting this.

thanks dave! i'm really happy you enjoyed it!

quote:

hey is the other guitarist a member here too ? if so please forghive what i am about to say i just think it needs to be said.

john is not a member of the foro but maybe i'll invite him to join because there's so much to learn here especially from constructive posts like yours.

i think we're getting better as a group. i always want to improve and push everyone around me to do the same so i hope i'm having that influence on them.

quote:

man that sexy girl ( shes allright )

haha, she's single.

quote:

i dont care if theres mistakes (not that i am saying u did

oh i made plenty but i won't point them out. it's hard because i know i was being recorded so i played a bit safe but maybe that was the wrong way to go.

quote:

in flamenco il forghive anything but i wont forghive lack of conviction or dynamics...we not there to apologise with our playing ...we there to fu*k sh*t up yo feel me lol

i FEEL you, homie! i've been keeping your advice in mind every time i perform, "don't be apologetic!" now i have a new tag line to add in my head, i'm ready to step it up, "fu*k sh*t up!"

thanks a mil, flo! i really appreciated your post.

quote:

I am sure you are very proud of yourself. It was great!

i really am and i'm so grateful for all the love and support from the foro! i know i didn't get to reply to everyone but i really appreciate everything that was said. i feel very overwhelmed!

quote:

What a true pleasure, Anthony, to watch your performance.

thank you, gj! your post put a really big smile on my face. thank you!

quote:

I even heard your jaleo...I must think it feels weird yelling jaleos during a performance the first time when everyone can here them clear as day and no one else is going to join in. Because we aint spanish it somehow feels like a fraud - at least that is the way I think about it. Something only a few beers can solve I guess LOL

haha, i'll have to go back and listen for them. i hope i dont sound goofy. but that's exactly how i feel about them. at this stage, they still feel awkward. saying "ole!" over and over gets boring. i want to be like one of those loud, almost obnoxious guys on cds that sound like they drink and smoke too much!

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 18 2010 19:43:11

HemeolaMan

hanging out with us O'Donnell's is such a good idea!

[signature][/signature]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 18 2010 20:18:10

Florian

RE: my tv recording is here! (in reply to HemeolaMan

quote:

haha, she's single.

not if she was in my city ...serious pass on my compliments to her...she danced beautifully

ps...i think my secret is out

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 18 2010 21:11:03

aloysius

Great job! Really cool composition. Interesting stuff about the white matter of the brain too.
Aloysius.

www.guitarsketches.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 18 2010 22:16:41

HolyEvil

RE: my tv recording is here! (in reply to Pgh_flamenco

how about shouting 'yeah!" like in rock concerts?
I never shout ole.. I go YEaaaaaah =)
It's the metalhead in me..

Great performance bro!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 18 2010 23:10:23

michel

fantastic performance anthony
it was a pleasure to watch the video
i wasn't expecting something on a such high level
congratulations!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 19 2010 0:42:16

Chiste de Gales

Im not much of a verbal person, so jaleo was tough for me to pick up on.
As far as responding to a guitarist, I say Olé if I hear something Id like to learn for
my own repertoire.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 19 2010 4:46:44

at_leo_87

RE: my tv recording is here! (in reply to HemeolaMan

quote:

hanging out with us O'Donnell's is such a good idea!

you o'donnell's are a talented bunch!

quote:

ps...i think my secret is out

hey flo, what's that article of you? all i can see is a picture of you and the words "on heat" do you have a bigger version?

quote:

Interesting stuff about the white matter of the brain too.

haha, she has a totally different life apart from flamenco, it's really strange.

quote:

fantastic performance anthony

thanks michel!

quote:

how about shouting 'yeah!" like in rock concerts?
I never shout ole.. I go YEaaaaaah =)

quote:

As far as responding to a guitarist, I say Olé if I hear something Id like to learn for
my own repertoire.

we'll say things once in a while like, "wicked ole!," "viva la boston!," "go get 'em, giiirl!," "do your thang, honey," and "G unit!"

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 19 2010 5:01:58

sig

at_leo,
Great performance! I really enjoyed the whole show, very professional and it looked well rehearsed and tight. I have to say I used to have a C3F and recently sold it as I wasn't playing it at all and not too happy with the sound. Now that I see how its supposed to be played, I think it was the operator not the instrument! :))
Sig--
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 19 2010 8:28:16

Florian

quote:

hey flo, what's that article of you? all i can see is a picture of you and the words "on heat" do you have a bigger version?

lol yeah but the rest is not as exciting...just talks about a show...i just like the title i posted it that small for that reason

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 19 2010 9:44:42

mark indigo

really enjoyed listening to and watching your playing and Lauren dancing....
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 19 2010 11:22:15

at_leo_87

RE: my tv recording is here! (in reply to sig

quote:

Great performance! I really enjoyed the whole show, very professional and it looked well rehearsed and tight. I have to say I used to have a C3F and recently sold it as I wasn't playing it at all and not too happy with the sound. Now that I see how its supposed to be played, I think it was the operator not the instrument! :))

thanks sig! it's the only guitar i could afford. i got it on ebay. what guitar do you have now?

quote:

i just like the title i posted it that small for that reason

you should print that title and picture on a business card and you can just pass it out to strangers so they know who you are and what you're about in an instance. the ladies will be "in heat" when they know you're "on heat."

quote:

really enjoyed listening to and watching your playing and Lauren dancing....

thanks mark! lauren's great.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 19 2010 19:27:43

Stu

Hey Anthony! that was great mate!!!

Well done!!!

..and cajon too?! nice!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 20 2010 0:03:37

kozz

Si Si Si Si !!!!!!!!
I love your "precense" and playing Anthony. Mr.Cool on tha strings.
You show the complete package!
Fantastic performance, I envy you amigo!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 20 2010 5:46:39

at_leo_87

thanks stu and kozz!

quote:

You show the complete package!

it's an all inclusive deal. only 3 payments of $19.99. 50 cents extra for each jaleo.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 20 2010 7:28:00

kozz

quote:

it's an all inclusive deal. only 3 payments of $19.99. 50 cents extra for each jaleo.

LOL!
I know what you mean, I caught myself this week also shouting Ole's and Esoe's an doin palmas with the locals in Gracia.

I really didn't know you we're at this level.
Keep goin on, and I agree that a cantaor(es??) would really suite you and your playing.
Love to hear more of you.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 20 2010 7:58:40

at_leo_87

RE: my tv recording is here! (in reply to kozz

quote:

Keep goin on, and I agree that a cantaor(es??) would really suite you and your playing.

if you learn to sing, you can come to boston, stay at my place, and find a lot of work.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 20 2010 10:49:50

kozz

quote:

if you learn to sing, you can come to boston, stay at my place, and find a lot of work.

If I only was able to sing I would love too, Arash could, loved him singing in his video doin the dishes
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 20 2010 12:10:09

at_leo_87

RE: my tv recording is here! (in reply to kozz

quote:

If I only was able to sing I would love too, Arash could, loved him singing in his video doin the dishes

LOL. oh no, i must have missed that one.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 20 2010 12:13:46

sig

at_leo,
You do that instrument justice i'll tell you that mi amigo!! I have a 2004 Burguet 1F spruce/cypress which i've owned since 2006, I bought it for a reasonable price and for the money it sounds pretty good. Its not my dream guitar but it does what I need for now with my skill level plus I don't have to worry too much about it at gigs. I think your vid is a perfect example of the artist not the instrument that makes all the difference...
Sig--
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 20 2010 13:11:24

at_leo_87

RE: my tv recording is here! (in reply to sig

quote:

I think your vid is a perfect example of the artist not the instrument that makes all the difference...

thanks sig! it makes me really happy to hear that. the c3f is the only thing i can afford right now and i'm really glad i'm getting good use out of it. but one of these days, i will step up to the big boys.

quote:

Its not my dream guitar but it does what I need for now

do those exist? i think us guitarists will never be satisfied

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 20 2010 15:59:17

Adam

Hey Anthony that was really awesome! That bulería in the beginning was just incredible. How the hell did you compose that? Those chords are really bizarre but they come together so well.

Kudos to Lauren too. Pretty, dances flamenco, and is in academia? Man, this is making grad school seem so much more enticing
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 29 2010 11:26:18

at_leo_87

RE: my tv recording is here! (in reply to Adam

quote:

Hey Anthony that was really awesome! That bulería in the beginning was just incredible. How the hell did you compose that? Those chords are really bizarre but they come together so well.

thanks ramparts! i waited for the inspiration to come but it wasn´t working that way. i tried a more disciplined approach and just sat down for nine hours and worked it out one note at a time. threw out the bad ones, kept the good ones.

quote:

Kudos to Lauren too. Pretty, dances flamenco, and is in academia? Man, this is making grad school seem so much more enticing

oh, lauren, isn´t THAT cool.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 2 2010 8:29:20

akatune

Wow. You've really inspired me. If you're the same guy I talked to on another site about performing, then you've inspired me twice. I'm just playing at a Spanish restaurant for about three months to learn to get past stagefright and learn to perform. You convince me to keep trying and to broaden my repetoir/style.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 2 2010 14:32:29
Page:   <<   <   1 [2] 3    >   >>
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2] 3    >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post