Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Villancicos for Christmas.   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Villancicos for Christmas. 

Since I got some good replies on farruca and peteneras, and since Christmas is almost on us, might as well push my luck and ask if any of you play villancicos at all?

These Christmas cantes are one of my favourite flamenco listening items but they are still very flamenco and need the accompaniment. If you can ever catch the video clip of Chano Lobato singing this palo in front of the high altar in a cathedral you'll see what I mean. Charming stuff and, like saetas, religious in content, they are nevertheless the stuff of which flamenco is made. Any of you play them?

Jim.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 12 2004 13:07:27

RE: Villancicos for Christmas. (in reply to Guest

Hola

For 3 years, I have been producing Toma Castaña, the best villancicos group in Cadiz. You should really have one of their CDs de villancicos flamencos.

suerte

Sean
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 12 2004 22:10:20

Hi Sean.

I'm off to El Campello next week fro Christmas. Not exactly a bastion of flamenco but there's a El Corte Ingles in Alicante. Might the CDs be on sale there?

Jim.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 13 2004 7:17:15

I'm off to El Campello next week fro Christmas. Not exactly a bastion of flamenco but there's a El Corte Ingles in Alicante. Might the CDs be on sale there?

You will find traditional villancicos records, but not mine: the selling season is too short, only 3 weeks and there is no time for distribution. So local sales only. I could post you one if you like.

Sean
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 13 2004 9:59:51

Okay. Sounds good.

e-mail me your address on: solea7@hotmail.com and tell me the cost including post and packing to UK. I might just wait till I get to Spain and post you the money from there in euros. It will be much quicker.

Jim
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 13 2004 11:54:28
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote