Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: fingernails   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Ron.M

RE: fingernails (in reply to Miguel de Maria

quote:

Of course, not Ron, I think you and I are in accord on this subject.

Absolutely Mike,
It takes a lot of cojones to go up there and play your stuff in front of an audience.
Especially when most guitarist tend to be quite personal and introspective folk too, something that was pointed out to me by someone in Spain and I've found to be absolutely true.
I had the pleasure of meeting Ramon de Algeciras in the back room of a small theatre in Madrid and a quieter, more humble man you could not hope to meet.
Same for Serranito.
Very "ordinary" guys.

cheers

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 29 2004 20:43:19

davidj

RE: fingernails (in reply to Jon Boyes

I take your point about technique and have read Ron's message now too and I'm sure that it's true that there is no excuse for not bothering to learn and polish techniques - that would be laziness for one thing and for another, lack of technique would clearly be very limiting - and I speak as a beginner with little technique. I hope that I can learn and polish the techniques, but far more than that get a good understanding of the compas and rythmns - but most importantly for me, that it can be a vehicle of heartfelt expression.

davidj

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 30 2004 0:05:02

Jon Boyes

RE: fingernails (in reply to Miguel de Maria

quote:

ORIGINAL: Miguel de Maria
A healthy dose of self-delusion goes a long way here. I had a couple of interesting gigs this weekend, maybe my two most interesting ever!

Great story Mike, it takes a lot of guts to survive both those situations - the last minute ensemble thing and the "oh my god this is a concert, people are actually listening".
I got nervous just reading it

Well done for getting thru it all with a smile on your face, and entertaining people into the bargain.

Thats all that counts, isn't it?

Jon
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 30 2004 11:46:16
Page:   <<   <   1 [2]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll