Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Juan Martin's Arte Flamenco de la Guitarra   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Juan Martin's Arte Flamenco de la Gu... 

What do you people think of this guitar method? And maybe you could compare it to Graf-Martinez's method too. Thanks.

(Btw, I'd just like to find out how you get the approval to become a registered member of this site? I'd really love to use the other forums very often.)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 18 2004 14:05:03

Miguel de Maria

RE: Juan Martin's Arte Flamenco de l... (in reply to Guest

Both method have their following. Recently Martinez-Graf has gotten a lot of play, based, it seems mostly on his method of teaching picado. I'm sure both are good, but it seems the balance is shifting toward the Spanish-German guy.

As far as signing up, try going to the contact admin button in the upper right hand corner.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 18 2004 16:12:49

Ron.M

quote:

(Btw, I'd just like to find out how you get the approval to become a registered member of this site? I'd really love to use the other forums very often.)

Just click on "Register" at the top of the Home Page.
Read the conditions.
If you agree, then fill out the form and press OK.

A password will be sent to you via email.
(This is not automated)

If you are applying with a "throwaway" account, such as Yahoo, Hotmail etc you will probably receive a query email asking you a couple of questions first, like your location and your interest in Flamenco.

Once this has been received, a password will be sent to you.

Ron.M (Temporary Registrar)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 18 2004 16:25:18

Miguel de Maria

RE: Juan Martin's Arte Flamenco de l... (in reply to Ron.M

Yeah, what he said
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 18 2004 17:49:38

Flamenco resources (in reply to Guest

Do you guys have any online resources for learning flamenco guitar and understanding the different compas too?

Btw, can any of you people give me an idea how to do a picado? The one where PDL uses his thumb.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 19 2004 12:53:19

Jon Boyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Guest
What do you people think of this guitar method? And maybe you could compare it to Graf-Martinez's method too. Thanks.

Stay tuned.

Detailed review of Graf Martinez method (new DVD Vols 1 & 2) is on its way

I'll be comparing it to the Juan Martin method too.

Jon
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 20 2004 8:57:47

Jon Boyes

RE: Flamenco resources (in reply to Guest

quote:

Do you guys have any online resources for learning flamenco guitar and understanding the different compas too?

You mean besides here?

Ok:

http://herso.freeservers.com/flamenco.html
http://users.aol.com/BuleriaChk/private/flamenco.html
http://www.flamenco-teacher.com/

Don't be afraid to ask questions here though.

quote:

Btw, can any of you people give me an idea how to do a picado? The one where PDL uses his thumb.

If its the thumb, technically its not picado. Picado is basically fast scale lines - usually played with I and M alternating. Having said that, the thumb (pulgar) does loads of stuff in flamenco, including single line runs and a very flamenco technqiue called alzapua, which may be what you are referring too.

Picado, Alzapua, and pulgar technique in general have all been discussed in great depth here - just do a search on those terms for starters.

Jon
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 20 2004 9:12:02

I would ask questions and browse through the forums if only I could get myself registered..
I've registered but I have not gotten any reply. Neither did the admin reply to my email for assistance. Can anyone help me or direct me to someone who can?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 22 2004 8:34:36

Jon Boyes

quote:

I would ask questions and browse through the forums if only I could get myself registered..
I've registered but I have not gotten any reply. Neither did the admin reply to my email for assistance. Can anyone help me or direct me to someone who can?

Ah right. Hang in there. Simon, the forum admin is on holiday (in Spain, lucky B...). The two guys providing cover are RonM and Michael Cho (AKA Miguel De Maria) and I'm sure one of them will see this and respond. Ron is clearly processing subscriptions, judging by some of the recent posts.

In the meantime, I think Juan Martin's method is excellent value for money and it has stood the test of time. Graf-Martinez method is excellent also. There are differences in the content, the presentation, and (crucially) the way individual techniques are taught. Juan teaches a more old fashioned technique/style, Martinez is a much more modern approach. So if you bought both you may get confused. Anyway, more on all this later..

Jon
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 22 2004 9:02:39

Ron.M

Dear Guest,
If you applied with a "free" (Yahoo, Hotmail) email address, you will have received an email asking for a bit more info about your interest in Flamenco.
This email would have gone to the address you applied with.
Have you checked your inbox?
I have answered all registration applications so far.... I think the problem is that Simon has redirected the applications to my email address flamenco@guitartechnique.com but any incoming emails via "Contact Admin" are still directed to his private inbox.

What was the Login name you used?

cheers

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 22 2004 11:58:53

Argh! I forgot what login name I used. I'm an idiot. Didn't remember since I thought that I'd probably be getting an email with my password and username. Any chance that this would get cleared up when Simon, the forum admin, comes back?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 23 2004 13:29:51

Ron.M

Dear Guest,
What email address did you use?
I can check through the records and sort it out that way.

cheers

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 23 2004 14:54:33

RE: My email address (in reply to Guest

Here's my address: im_cheston@hotmail.com
Thanks alot for your time, really sorry for the trouble.. Maybe I'm just not meant to join this forum to further my flamenco studies Really hope to do so though. There's no other way at the moment for me to as there aren't any decent books, videos or teachers where I live, as far as I can remember.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 24 2004 2:06:42

duende

RE: My email address (in reply to Guest

No worries! Welcome to the foro

Henrik
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 24 2004 5:22:02

Ron.M

RE: Juan Martin's Arte Flamenco de l... (in reply to Ron.M

Should be sorted out now.
Welcome to the Forum, Skai

cheers

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 24 2004 8:34:50

Hey guys, I received an email 3 days ago from the original admin saying that he'd clear things up the next day but I haven't received anything till now. Really sorry about all this trouble and thanks alot to all you helpful people here. Sorry for being so difficult LOL
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 27 2004 12:00:55

Escribano

That was me but as Ron says, you are already authorised and should have received an email with login details. If not, try clicking on Login, then "Forgot your password?", type in your email address and you should get new instructions via email.

Foro Flamenco founder and Admin
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 27 2004 12:20:59

Ron.M

quote:

Hey guys, I received an email 3 days ago from the original admin saying that he'd clear things up the next day but I haven't received anything

Skai,
Over the past week or so, I've sent three emails to you, all to im_cheston@hotmail.com, which haven't bounced, and informing you that you were a member already, but have not received a reply to any of them!
What's your phone number?
Obviously this Hotmail account of yours isn't very good!

cheers

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 27 2004 20:33:44

Thanks so much for all your help guys! Darn the hotmail account LOL it took e forum's emails as junkmail!?! Think everything's fine now.. Thanks!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 28 2004 8:26:53
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post