Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: Thoughts?   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

runner

RE: Thoughts? (in reply to KMMI77

The late great Canadian pianist and eccentric Glenn Gould embodied the trance state when he performed, especially his beloved Bach. Check out www.YouTube.com/watch?v=8-KyL2gMxV8&NR=1 as he tackles the Bach Keyboard Concerto #1.

runner
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 19 2009 16:05:46

Ricardo

RE: Thoughts? (in reply to runner

Love glenn gould too. I reluctantly listen to his interpretations after so many criticisms of him being "mechanical technique". Anyway, check out his soniquete on this prelude, that is so good groove to me.
http://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=b0DgWwzmQcA

For the guy losing inspiration, and not from cante either....what I do is dig deep into the past and revisit music I have not listened to in a long time. Even if it is NOT flamenco, just for nostalgia, some old rock album from when I was a teen. It can be quite revealing. For flamenco guitar, same thing, I keep stuff on the back burner that I did not like at first hearing, and revisit it. I remember Enrique del Melchor's Cuchichi was very nice after not listening to it for a few years. Anyway, just a suggestion. For me, when i do this, a lot of new little details jump out at me that I missed long ago and it can really be inspiring.

Ricardo

CD's and transcriptions available here:
www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 19 2009 16:49:48

KMMI77

RE: Thoughts? (in reply to Ricardo

His state of wonder CD is pretty crazy. I have listened to it a lot.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 19 2009 17:04:53

KMMI77

quote:

For the guy losing inspiration, and not from cante either....what I do is dig deep into the past and revisit music I have not listened to in a long time. Even if it is NOT flamenco, just for nostalgia, some old rock album from when I was a teen. It can be quite revealing. For flamenco guitar, same thing, I keep stuff on the back burner that I did not like at first hearing, and revisit it. I remember Enrique del Melchor's Cuchichi was very nice after not listening to it for a few years. Anyway, just a suggestion. For me, when i do this, a lot of new little details jump out at me that I missed long ago and it can really be inspiring.

Thanks Ricardo. I have Cuchichi somewhere. I will have a listen. Cheers,

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 19 2009 18:27:57

runner

Ricardo, I think that Glenn Gould learned cante from Niño Ricardo. Like Niño Ricardo's interesting vocalizations, Gould´s performances were often described by critics as: "Glenn Gould sings Bach, while accompanying himself on the piano".

runner
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 20 2009 9:09:48

Ramon Amira

RE: Thoughts? (in reply to runner

Nino Ricardo vocalized better than Glenn Gould, but Ricardo never played sitting on a chair about six inches high, wearing an overcoat and scarf.

Classical and flamenco guitars from Spain Ramon Amira Guitars
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 20 2009 10:39:45
Page:   <<   <   1 [2]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote