Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: A NEW BEGINNERS CHALLENGE?   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

kozz

RE: A NEW BEGINNERS CHALLENGE? (in reply to Ailsa

quote:

I'd quite like to keep beginners solea challenge separate for now. Having just been thinking it through, I'm wondering if accompanying is at the next level, maybe not beginners at all.

Ailsa,
I agree, how much though I like the idea. Just focussing on the part itselves is already a challenge.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 5 2009 14:34:21

gj Michelob

RE: A NEW BEGINNERS CHALLENGE? (in reply to Ron.M

quote:

I see it as being financed by voluntary donations of no more than $10, much like the limits on political party funding, so that nobody can claim special treatment due to their generous donation.

If someone (perhaps gj) would like to be Treasurer, then I'm all for it!

A well thought reply, Ron. Thank you so much for addressing this in such detail.

I agree that fund-raising and voluntary donations are the only possible answer, and I too would limit the value. Also, someone has set a very gentlemanly example by donating prizes without letting us know his/her identity. I suppose donations to the Forum should be in the same form so that neither can one claim credit for the gifts (s)he can provide, nor another be ashamed for not affording any.

I will gladly serve, for a term, if necessary, as the forum secretary (I believe I do that for a living, for a number of less entertaining clients).

gj Michelob
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 5 2009 19:27:35

aleksi

RE: YET ANOTHER BEGINNERS CHALLENGE? (in reply to Ailsa

quote:

OK I've thought about it! I could do an entrada, letra and subida of an Alegrias. Obviously for the subida I would have to lose the click track or we'd all get very confused.

I would give a short explanation, as I would to a new guitarist of what I was planning to do, perhaps demonstrate a llamada so everyone can recognise when a change is coming.

Thoughts?

this would be wonderful.
My suggestion is that if you record your dance + give short explanation, then maybe somebody more advanced could play guitar to that in simple way. Then the beginners could practice from that.

Because there must be several different ways to accompany such a part, it would be super if even couple of guys could do their accompany and then we could listen the similarities and differences in the ideas.

The solea challange propably is good to keep separate, but I find accompanying very interresting. To start learning communicating from the start is a good idea, and for me playing with others is the goal, thats when something really starts happening.

...but, to make it succesfully I think everything should be extremely simple
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 5 2009 20:10:12

Ron.M

RE: YET ANOTHER BEGINNERS CHALLENGE? (in reply to Ailsa

quote:

OK I've thought about it! I could do an entrada, letra and subida of an Alegrias. Obviously for the subida I would have to lose the click track or we'd all get very confused.

The reason I mentioned the click track is because I was thinking along the lines of beginner's level accomp....but so long as the taconeo was clear then I'm sure this would be OK.
After all, this is the way it's going to be if you get a job in a dance school.

Maybe you could use a personal mp3 player with earphones, so no music would be picked up?

cheers,

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 6 2009 0:01:12

val

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Nov. 8 2010 13:37:58
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 6 2009 14:59:26

El_flaco

RE: A NEW BEGINNERS CHALLENGE? (in reply to Ailsa

Ailsa,

Thanks for pushing on this one. Unfortunately I won't have time until May for any challenges. I need to work on some more technique meanwhile.

Have fun!!!

Until May
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 6 2009 16:11:48
Page:   <<   <   1 [2]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll