Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: What colour Horse goes well with a white suit and a guitar ?   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Florian

RE: What colour Horse goes well with... (in reply to HemeolaMan

I keep joking but i forghot to thank you guys...there really is some great advice...and some of the things i wouldnt have considered..eg. My Pants will get dirty....Ask for Old Horse...and more..

I have accualy learned stuff about horses ...

I will try and be as safe as possible...at the same time..i dont wanna rock the boat too much...I will do my best both Me and The CLient both get what they want..If he has a vision and spends a fortune and pouts alot of effort into it..
I dont wanna be a bad sport either..

I figure theres about 70 % chance nothing will go wrong :-)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 12 2009 16:30:02

srshea

RE: What colour Horse goes well with... (in reply to Florian

Well, despite your lack of experience as a caballero and the potential for grievous bodily injury, this definitely sounds like one of those can’t-pass-it-up life experiences. And even if you do get mauled you’ll have a good story.

But in all seriousness, at the very least you should, as others have mentioned, spend a little bit of time with the horse beforehand and let it get used to you; brush it a bit, feed it an apple, ask it about itself, show an interest. Don’t have your first encounter with the horse be hopping on its back thirty seconds before your entrance. And whatever you do, DON’T look it straight in the eye. They take that as a challenge, and you’ll be stomped to death instantly.*

My own worst horse encounter was when I was about twelve or so. The horse started running and somehow I started to slip off sideways and ended up on the ground under the horse. That was about twenty-five years ago and I still remember it vividly. As it happened it felt like it was taking place in slow motion “Oh, hey, what’s this? Oh, wow, this isn’t good. Oh, dear, here I go! Hey, I don’t think I’m on the horse anymore…”. But, this won’t happen to you….

Have fun and be safe!

*alright, I made that part up. Serious about the other stuff though.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 12 2009 17:20:56

Florian

RE: What colour Horse goes well with... (in reply to srshea

quote:

As it happened it felt like it was taking place in slow motion “Oh, hey, what’s this? Oh, wow, this isn’t good. Oh, dear, here I go! Hey, I don’t think I’m on the horse anymore…”. But, this won’t happen to you….

!!! thats the funniest sh*t i ever read !! thank you !!

everything said by everyone is noted..and i will do my best and adress all of it with the lady...

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 12 2009 17:24:26

gj Michelob

quote:

and i will do my best and adress all of it with the lady...

Just came back to NY.
My nine year old girl, Cat, who's been riding for two years now, took me to the airposr earlier today in SF. I explained to her your predicament and gave sound advice: "tell this white suit Florian dude (she said with that dismissive tone experts tend to have) to have someone hold the lead-line, while he's palying guitar on the horse (and the she added)... you don't do stuff like that with your guitar, do you dad?".

I think she is right, at least during your performance.

gj Michelob
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 12 2009 17:34:08

c

We've got two Arabians.......

I wouldn't take an expensive guitar any where near them!!!

CRUNCH

c
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 12 2009 17:44:31

Pimientito

quote:

i am going ask the older lady that sings if she wants to go first. ....if anything goes wrong... i wont go on the horse...

...and who says the age of Chivalry is dead.

Please make sure this event is well documented, photos , video etc.
When is it going to happen?

By the way, what is the name of the wine...."Falling Flo", "Broken Compas", "Cuadro Meleé" ?

Follow my blog http://pimientito.wordpress.com/

"Ceremonial" by Mark Shurey "Pimientito". CD and digital download vailable on Amazon and
CDbaby. http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/markshurey
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 13 2009 3:04:12

Florian

RE: What colour Horse goes well with... (in reply to Pimientito

quote:

tell this white suit Florian dude

lol no wonder. she got the dismising tone lol. think about how this would sound to someone who dosent know me..

" Oh my friend who wears a white suit...will enter a tent on horse back holding his guitar..has got a couple of questions"

lol No wonder

quote:

and who says the age of Chivalry is dead

well shes older.. .shes allready lived more of her life then me...I havent even made babies yet...

I live by Mongols rules...when the hurde was atacked in the old days and there was no way the men could fight off the atacking force they would leave the women and children behind and run ....they would just start a fresh familly ...

" Shame ! I really liked this kid and wife I thought this was going to be it for me for sure......but ...I gues i am just unlucky in love

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 13 2009 3:33:51

Jim Opfer

White and black strip suit and ask if she can supply a Zebra.
That way, if the Zebra stops for a drink at that big lake in your photo, the Oz Crocks will get a bit confused, thinking they're in Africa but with Oz accents.
If you know what I mean?
White and black strip suit and flamed Zebra wood guitar. Mmmmm....!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 13 2009 4:41:01

gj Michelob

quote:

" Oh my friend who wears a white suit...will enter a tent on horse back holding his guitar..has got a couple of questions"

Oh man, you are such fun Florian, 'couldn't imagine this Forum without your entertaining contribution.

Cat was rather proud i summoned her advice, and i think she is right: unless you get to ride a nearly defunct horse, there is no apple which will charm your horse to calmly behave... you should really have someone hold it for you, while you engage your guitar.

Many many years ago, at a talent show at my then riding school, i did play a country song on steel strings, while riding in circles without saddle "apache style" someone would say. But i had been on a horse every day for a few years; that really was not the most complicated thing one could pull. But if you have not been on one before, please have someone hold your lead-line.

Btw, you could hold your guitar Paco de Lucia's style if you ride with women's sidesaddle (the rider sits aside rather than astride the horse, meaning that both legs are tucked to the same side of the horse's body).

ciao.

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (1)

gj Michelob
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 13 2009 5:31:07

mark indigo

RE: What colour Horse goes well with... (in reply to Mark2

quote:

What's the problem-i use horses in my work all the time. Sometimes even my own.

so do i, they run very fast at me sometimes and they are a bit random with the brakes, they rear, and they kick. sometimes they run up turn round and kick out from behind, sometimes they run past real fast and kick out sideways.... there are 4 inone field and 5 in the other and they get real agitated when i go out to feed.... white suit and a guitar? forget it!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 13 2009 10:37:23

mark indigo

RE: What colour Horse goes well with... (in reply to gj Michelob

quote:

Btw, you could hold your guitar Paco de Lucia's style if you ride with women's sidesaddle

another bit of advice, go round the second hand shops and find a beat up old classical or something for the part of the gig when you "ride" in on the horse (for "ride" read "sit on the horse while it is led in by a horse whisperer holding the lead rein"), then when you play afterwards you can chuck it in the bin and get out your Anders....
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 13 2009 10:45:35

duende

i got on a horse once, and he tosst me right off, Do you know how big thoes things are!?!?!

This is hard stuff!
Don't give up...
And don't make it a race.
Enjoy the ray of sunshine that comes with every new step in knowledge.

RON
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 13 2009 10:50:14

Ron.M

RE: What colour Horse goes well with... (in reply to Jim Opfer

quote:

White and black strip suit and flamed Zebra wood guitar.

Hi Jim,
I kinda feel it's too much stripes myself.

Flo...You know what they say about animals and children in showbiz.

I'd give it a miss and try to persuade your patron to lower you from the ceiling on a steel wire, stripped to the waist, wearing only tight black leather trousers with socks stuffed down the front, (a la Joaquin Cortes) and flanked by two Angels, all in white with large wings.

No guitar....only when you are on the ground do you walk forward and take your guitar from the stand, which is illuminated by a single spotlight throughout.

You just look moody in the darkness with a large spotlight tracking the progress of the image slowly to the stage floor, while Alo and others play a dramatic Siguiriyas, punctuated by a crystal clear female singers voice suddenly singing the tempul intro.

If she can't afford paying for the Angels, then you could maybe get a couple of railway sleepers and be lowered down as The Christ of St.John of the Cross, but in Armani pants and cowboy boots....

I dunno?

Just an idea....

cheers,

Ron

PS: Just thinking about it, (and I'm sure Jim, as an Architect would agree with me),
you would really need TWO steel wires to prevent you starting to spin around and around, then back again.
Might look a bit silly like that.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 13 2009 11:38:41

srshea

If you wanna play it REALLY safe, you would go this route:

The likelihood of getting injured is greatly diminished, and you won’t have to worry about soiling your trousers.

Playing the guitar might be tricky in this sort of get-up, but if all else fails you could just start drumming away on your armor and play yourself as a human cajon.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 13 2009 12:11:32

Anders Eliasson

I think that Barbies Horse will suit you. You know the pink one.

Blog: http://news-from-the-workshop.blogspot.com/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 13 2009 13:09:20

Florian

RE: What colour Horse goes well with... (in reply to Anders Eliasson

What is this ? pick on Florian day ? EVERYBODY is a comedian jk.

btw..this is the Winery thats launching the wine

its funny ! i just found out and i look in my draw and i had a botlle lol

www.banrockstation.com.au

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 13 2009 13:45:21

Ron.M

quote:

If you wanna play it REALLY safe, you would go this route:

Hey Adam,
Does that horse have a kind of a Mullet, or is it just my imagination?

cheers,

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2009 1:01:33

srshea

RE: What colour Horse goes well with... (in reply to Ron.M

What, are you tryin’ to derail this thread, Ron? We’re already in the off-topic section. You trying to go off-off-topic?

But to answer your question, no, I wouldn’t classify this as a mullet. Factoring in the blond locks, top-length to back-length ratio, and overall length, I think this falls squarely into the So-Cal surfer dude category.

It’s an easy mistake to make, though. I appreciate that, as a Scotsman, you’re not quite as attuned to the countless tonsorial nuances of American hairstyles as I might be, so you shouldn’t feel too bad. I’m sure you could run circles around me in examining the subtle differences in Tartan patterns. It’s really a cultural conditioning thing, nature/nurture, etc.

Florian: I know you’ve already been overloaded with advice, but your last post prompts me to offer one more: save all that fee wine for AFTER the horse part.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2009 1:43:23

Jan Willem

Flo, you'll be just fine!

I've been riding horses since I was 7 years old. Now I train young horses and then sell them. So you could say I know something about horses.

How do you want to make an entry?

Like this; ? :-)?

I hope they give you a horse a little less brave and little less warm blooded as the above :-). ..a shetland pony will do just fine.

A serious advice; DON'T take your anders with you on the horse. If I understand there are multiple horses and lot's of people, probably some speakers ..., so you never know what will happen and how the horses will react to it. Normally that's not much of a problem but if you can't ride and you're carrying a 3000€ guitar on your back...Just don't :-).

Could you please make sure we get to see some pictures ??

JW
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2009 6:23:31

Florian

RE: What colour Horse goes well with... (in reply to Jan Willem

quote:

Could you please make sure we get to see some pictures ??

Why ? you wanna see a grown man in a white suit cry like a litlle girl while choking a horse's neck and holding on for his life ?...3 security guards will choke me to release the horse from my tight grip...while i refuse to fully let go until i am safely on the ground....women will be covering theyr mouth with embarasement for me...children will cry...people in the back of the room will scream ..." Just let go of the horse jackass !"

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2009 6:48:47

edguerin

quote:

If you wanna play it REALLY safe, you would go this route

Or rather:

Flamenco Knight (Noche Flamenco)

Attachment (1)

Ed

El aficionado solitario
Alemania
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2009 7:02:44

Pimientito

RE: What colour Horse goes well with... (in reply to Ron.M

quote:

lower you from the ceiling on a steel wire, stripped to the waist, wearing only tight black leather trousers with socks stuffed down the front, (a la Joaquin Cortes) and flanked by two Angels, all in white with large wings

Thats pure gold Ron!!....especially the idea of being greased up and tied to a large crucifix as well (a la Juan Andrés Maya) Can't they incorporate a re-enactment of the birth of the horse somehow where you come out of two giant red velvet curtains on horseback in a white suit.....

Another (more sensible) idea leading on from the knight thing is to dress as Don Quixote and have the leader of your horse as Sancho Panza. That way you can safely be swigging from a bottle, dressed in armour and looking suitably uncomfortable on a horse whilst someone safely leads you onstage.

Follow my blog http://pimientito.wordpress.com/

"Ceremonial" by Mark Shurey "Pimientito". CD and digital download vailable on Amazon and
CDbaby. http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/markshurey
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2009 7:25:16

Ailsa

Hey Banrock Station! Our supermarkets are full of it. It's pretty nice!

This has been a real fun thread Flo. For the rest of us anyway.

http://www.flamencojourney.com
http://www.myspace.com/flamencojourney
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2009 7:57:25

Florian

RE: What colour Horse goes well with... (in reply to Ailsa

It started out fun for me too ....until i got scared at all the stories

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2009 8:07:09

Estevan

quote:

btw..this is the Winery thats launching the wine

Oh, Banrock Station - it's pretty good! They'll have to add a bit on their slogan though:

GOOD EARTH, FINE WINE.....EQUESTRIAN FLAMENCO

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Ron and Ed: brilliant stuff from both of you. Oh, and Pimientito. With ideas like that, the future of flamenco as a multi-sensory quasi-erotic fusion experience is assured.

Me da igual. La música es música.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2009 8:09:20

Florian

RE: What colour Horse goes well with... (in reply to Estevan

Hey they may enter me on a horse...but the show is 100 %flamenco...dont water it down with words i dont even know what they mean....I have my integrity !! unles ....they pay more and then i do whatever they want

what does EQUESTRIAN mean ? ....serious i have no idea...are you saying things about my mother ?..

it will be the same numbes as in Una Noche De flamenco

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2009 8:24:54

NormanKliman

I'm still laughing...!

Seriously, if you do decide to feed the horse an apple or something (that would make you look really cool, too), offer it in your open palm. Do NOT hold the food in your fingers!

Good luck!

Be here now.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2009 8:31:32

Exitao

quote:

ORIGINAL: Florian

what does EQUESTRIAN mean ? ....serious i have no idea...are you saying things about my mother ?..

If you're really serious...

Equestrian has the same rout as equine. Equine essentially means "horse."
So, think like caballo and caballero.

BTW: I wouldn't talk about your mother. I don't know anything about her. Think you could maybe make an introduction?

Callidus et iracundus.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 15 2009 14:15:20

Florian

RE: What colour Horse goes well with... (in reply to Exitao

quote:

If you're really serious...

Equestrian has the same rout as equine. Equine essentially means "horse."
So, think like caballo and caballero.

lol i was...i had no idea...

quote:

. Think you could maybe make an introduction?

why ? u havent dont anything bad to me

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 15 2009 20:32:50
Page:   <<   <   1 [2]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote