Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: Question about action on my new CG171SF   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Lutherie >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Tom Blackshear

RE: Question about action on my new ... (in reply to HemeolaMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: HemeolaMan

anders, maybe you two could hang out and be best buddies.

think about it! you could go for a stroll in the park, bring your various representative guitars with you, and as an act of friendship, trade them!

that way anders would get a blackshear reyes, and never stop gooing about it

and tom would get an anders peghead blanca, and be over the moon about it!

LOL

you're both too fun!

Well, I'm not here that much but it seems that when I post here I get notice that I do something wrong; even when I try and answer someone's question about the Reyes model that Poncho built.

I think if you read my post carefully you will find that I don't really push my guitars on this list. I don't do it for a very good reason, and that's because my presence on this list does it for me; just like it does for Anders et al.

But it also seems that there are some members here that take offense at things to such a degree that they lose their composure when complaining about my posts.

Anders is free to post whatever he chooses but let it be known, I'm not in the habit of scolding people for their input on any forum. There is a lot to learn from everybody's input.

Now, this is not exactly on topic but it needed to be said...

And to Anders, I say, lighten up a little, Bro. You'll have more fun.

Tom Blackshear Guitar maker
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 22 2008 5:55:05

n85ae

RE: Question about action on my new ... (in reply to Tom Blackshear

Well Anders is here all the time, and he never pushes his guitars, nor any
specific plan. He's very neutral. When specific things like bridges, saddles,
etc. come up he generally just talks to those items. With regards to selling
his guitars, I've never seen Anders 'trying' to sell a guitar here. Mostly I
think Anders guitars are selling themselves based on his reputation as
a good Luthier, and his guitar's reputation as good guitars. Plus I'd wager
there's probably a lot of Ander's flamenco guitars out there by now which
says something.

Personally were I commissioning a guitar to be built, I'd give Anders a call.

Regards,
Jeff
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 22 2008 9:40:52

Tom Blackshear

RE: Question about action on my new ... (in reply to n85ae

quote:

ORIGINAL: n85ae

Well Anders is here all the time, and he never pushes his guitars, nor any
specific plan. He's very neutral. When specific things like bridges, saddles,
etc. come up he generally just talks to those items. With regards to selling
his guitars, I've never seen Anders 'trying' to sell a guitar here. Mostly I
think Anders guitars are selling themselves based on his reputation as
a good Luthier, and his guitar's reputation as good guitars. Plus I'd wager
there's probably a lot of Ander's flamenco guitars out there by now which
says something.

Personally were I commissioning a guitar to be built, I'd give Anders a call.

Regards,
Jeff

I have no problem with Anders or anyone else on this list but what I do find vaguely troubling is that you and perhaps some others here seem to want to take up for Anders for scolding me for answering a question from a member on this list. That makes a lot of sense, duh !

I think you are showing a very biased position here which is OK, but All I ask is to see your true frankness in print rather than forgetting all of the talk and the advertisement video about Anders work as being neutral.

And Anders is entitled to it as far as I'm concerned, just don't try and patronize the poor guy, let him have a true level of respect that every builder desires.

Right now, it appears to me that you’re taking up for Anders when there’s nothing to defend.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 22 2008 11:16:57

henrym3483

quote:

I have no problem with Anders or anyone else on this list but what I do find vaguely troubling is that you and perhaps some others here seem to want to take up for Anders for scolding me for answering a question from a member on this list. That makes a lot of sense, duh !

I think you are showing a very biased position here which is OK, but All I ask is to see your true frankness in print rather than forgetting all of the talk and the advertisement video about Anders work as being neutral.

And Anders is entitled to it as far as I'm concerned, just don't try and patronize the poor guy, let him have a true level of respect that every builder desires.

Right now, it appears to me that you’re taking up for Anders when there’s nothing to defend.

Tom, there is no bias on this forum as regards luthiers, simply peoples opinions which people are entitled to. in your respect your guitars i have seen and the audio clips ive heard are very desirable guitars and i have no intetion of bias when i say this.

guitars are like personal preferences or tastes in music or food, people like what they like and thats simply it. however tastes like anything can change over time.

slain leat

henry
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 22 2008 11:55:27

Tom Blackshear

RE: Question about action on my new ... (in reply to henrym3483

quote:

ORIGINAL: henrym3483

quote:

Tom, there is no bias on this forum as regards luthiers, simply peoples opinions which people are entitled to. in your respect your guitars i have seen and the audio clips ive heard are very desirable guitars and i have no intetion of bias when i say this.

guitars are like personal preferences or tastes in music or food, people like what they like and thats simply it. however tastes like anything can change over time.

slain leat

henry

Henry, I've been telling people about this list so that they will check it out, and this is my interest right now, but like you say, things can change.

I wish you the best but I have to say that I've worn out my welcome here. Carry on........

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 22 2008 12:12:58

henrym3483

quote:

I wish you the best but I have to say that I've worn out my welcome here. Carry on........

Tom, no one wants you to leave.

best

henry
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 22 2008 13:07:32

HemeolaMan

Tom!!! don't leave!

I was being silly, I like you both.

/you both have given me very valuable advice. eventually I put together a reyes style guitar. and I will also try one without a plan, in a more anders style when I get enough experience to be good at it.

I think you both represent two very important schools of thought.

It is a great pleasure to have two such prolific figures on this forum, even if you both dont agree. that's what makes this interesting!

I understand that i'm generalizing both of you, and that you both present a similar message in different ways. but thats what makes it interesting!

Tom, we really like having you here. You are a fantastic resource, and you always reply to even the most silly question

Anders, you're an institution, and all those wonderful things too.

but why dont you both get along?

don't reply to this guys, take the compliments and make it a positive place to be.

[signature][/signature]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 22 2008 16:13:57

Tom Blackshear

RE: Question about action on my new ... (in reply to henrym3483

quote:

ORIGINAL: henrym3483

quote:

Tom, no one wants you to leave.

best

henry

Henry,

May I suggest that we do it this way. Why not e-mail me when you think I can help out. Just let me know at tguitars@texas.net and I'll be happy to give my 2 cents. I respect Ander's work and there is nothing I would like more than to see him prosper with his guitar building.

I'm recuperating from major surgery and I really don't need any aggravation right now, Thanks for your understanding.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 22 2008 16:55:24

Anders Eliasson

Please stop all these personal issues, because this is getting far out.

I´ve saying 2 things:
1) Please stay with the subject
2) It´s anoying that so many discussions end up with a discussion of the Reyes plan. Because most sincerely, its JUST A PLAN.... Nothing else. and when so many discussions end up with talking about that plan its really killing discussion.

To this I will add, that the video being advertized here is not an advertissment video about me, nor my work.
Its a documuntal made by Simon Shearston who is also the owner of foroflamenco.com. He is advertising HIS video. That I also advertise his video on MY webpage doesnt change a thing.

On this thread, I will only comment Yamaha guitars and setups

Blog: http://news-from-the-workshop.blogspot.com/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 23 2008 0:59:32

[Deleted] (in reply to Tom Blackshear

[Deleted by Admins]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 23 2008 5:09:51

henrym3483

RE: Question about action on my new ... (in reply to Guest

quote:

Henry,
May I suggest that we do it this way. Why not e-mail me when you think I can help out. Just let me know at tguitars@texas.net and I'll be happy to give my 2 cents. I respect Ander's work and there is nothing I would like more than to see him prosper with his guitar building.

I'm recuperating from major surgery and I really don't need any aggravation right now, Thanks for your understanding.

Tom,

i sorry thats the way you feel, and you are always welcome to contribute whenever you feel. my best wishes and a speedy recovery to your health.

kind regards

henry
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 23 2008 6:40:25

henrym3483

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Oct. 24 2008 4:12:30
Reason for deletion: duplicate post
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 23 2008 6:52:08
Page:   <<   <   1 [2]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Lutherie >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages