Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Gerardo Nunez - Pittsburgh, 06 Dec., 2008   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Useful Stuff >>Events >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

itoprover

Gerardo Nunez - Pittsburgh, 06 Dec.,... 

http://www.proartstickets.org/events/view/144

Does anybody know whether this is the only Gerardo performance in the USA this fall/winter or there gonna be more? Thanks.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 9 2008 8:16:48

Conrad

RE: Gerardo Nunez - Pittsburgh, 06 D... (in reply to itoprover

Hey, Ilya! Thanks for telling us, man!!! I'm gonna have to go to this. Only 5.5 hours away from Toronto. Great opportunity. How was Javier's show? I couldn't make it to any of them. Let us know if you find any more Gerardo shows. I will keep looking, too.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 18 2008 12:29:52

itoprover

Hey Conrad,

We are going from Ottawa on Friday Dec.5th and we'll be there till Sunday. As for the tickets you need to call them 412.394.3353 because the website does not accept Canadian addresses.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 26 2008 8:39:37

Conrad

That is awesome, Ilia. Thanks for the tip.

Are you guys driving or flying? I haven't decided yet myself. I guess it's considerably farther from Ottawa.

By the way, for anyone interested, I've asked Michael Chapman of the guitar society if there will be a masterclass... none yet but he said he might try to organize one. I'll keep everyone here informed if I hear anything.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 26 2008 11:59:47

itoprover

RE: Gerardo Nunez - Pittsburgh, 06 D... (in reply to Conrad

It's around 850km from here and we are going by car (1 car - 3 people) because flying is ridiculously expensive these days - tickets are around $500 per person, two ways and there is no direct flight from here. Please let me know if you find out more about masterclass.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 26 2008 15:22:18

chapman_g

Just to let you guys know. I run the Guitar Society in Pittsburgh and am the presenter of Gerardo's concert here. Imagine two forty minute sets with just Gerardo and Cepillo, I can't wait. I really don't think we will have a class eventhough I have not completely ruled out trying to negotiate one. I will be organizing having food and drinks at a reception room at Gerardo's hotel, and hopefully we can have a juerga. By doing it at the hotel whenever Gerardo is ready to split he can go to his room, but a juerga can only be a juerga if we have people other than the artists willing to play and sing. Anyhow I am charging people $25.00 in advance to cover pre-ordered food and drink if you want to attend/participate in the juerga. So let me know if you are interested. I am only advertising this here because obviously real flamenco aficionados congregate at this forum, but I don't want more than about 15 people at the juerga, and I already have about 8 of us here, so let me know if you are interested ASAP.

Michael

Estudiante
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 26 2008 20:31:53

Pgh_flamenco

RE: Gerardo Nunez - Pittsburgh, 06 D... (in reply to chapman_g

quote:

I will be organizing having food and drinks at a reception room at Gerardo's hotel, and hopefully we can have a juerga.

Which hotel--is it in Oakland near the venue?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 26 2008 20:50:19

itoprover

RE: Gerardo Nunez - Pittsburgh, 06 D... (in reply to Pgh_flamenco

quote:

but I don't want more than about 15 people at the juerga

Hi Michael, thanks so much for the info! Well, I think much more people would be interested in this.. I am and 2 other people are interested - is there still a way to put our names on the list? Anyways, I am sending you names in a private message.

Thanks.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 26 2008 21:08:16

Conrad

Yikes, I think you've opened the floodgates now! haha

I would just die to be there, but I don't know if I would be worthy of a juerga if there are only 15 people, 8 spots taken, because I'm not sure I'm comfortable yet to play in that atmosphere and there are tonnes more capable and willing musicians on this foro alone. I guess the question is, what is the right number of people for a juerga of this kind? Because 15 seems on the small, intimate side (Maybe that's your idea though) Whereas 15 for a masterclass makes sense to me.

I don't believe it could be only him and Cepillo!! That's exciting. Thanks

Edit:

Screw that, if I'm coming all that way, I want to be involved! Put a spot down for me, too. And a friend if possible. See I would strongly recommend increasing your cap!

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 26 2008 21:15:51

chapman_g

RE: Gerardo Nunez - Pittsburgh, 06 D... (in reply to Conrad

He will stay at the Holiday Inn on Lytton Avenue in Oakland, Pittsburgh. Yes, I was going for a somewhat intimate affair for the juerga. Maybe we will increase the number of people depending on how much persistent interest there is, maybe we could reach 20 to 25. I think I would not want more than about 25 people at most. I get the impression that while Gerardo loves to teach and share, and he really is absolutely the nicest professional at that level that I have worked, he is not particularly interested in teaching outside of his well organized Sanlucar Course. That is what I sense from him, if when I talk to him again I still have that sense we will not do a class.

Michael
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 27 2008 5:09:36

marco137

Hello Michael,
This is great! Thank you so much for organizing this event. I will be traveling with my folks from Ottawa, Ontario as well (there will be a few of us!!), we're packing up another car. Can you tell me if there are still a few places available for the juerga? I would be absolutely thrilled to join in if you still have room available.

Any update with a possible masterclass?

Marco
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 3 2008 21:38:18

chapman_g

Yes I will still take participants of this foro who want to come to the juerga. I still don't know about a class yet. But again, it is not likely.

Michael
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 6 2008 15:52:22

chapman_g

Gerardo,
Will not do a class while he is in Pittsburgh and the concert has changed a bit, instead of Gerardo and Cepillo it will be Gerardo with Carmen Cortes, Jesus Mendez, Juan Manuel Lucas, and a new cantaora to me Davinia Jaen
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 13 2008 18:40:31
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Useful Stuff >>Events >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post