Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Silent guitar   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Lutherie >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

johnguitars

Silent guitar 

I was not sure were to post this so here it is. I took my Yamaha "silent guitar" (which I keep in a locker at work and play on my work breaks) and added solid Mahogany pieces to it so that I can do Golpes. Next, I am going to add piezo sensors and feed them back into the audio so that I can also hear them. All this with head phones so that I do not feel that I am performing (free to work on what ails me) and no one is bothered by me either.

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (1)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 23 2008 3:19:51

mkhn

RE: Silent guitar (in reply to johnguitars

That looks interesting. I have something called the Miranda Guitar. http://www.miranda-tech.com/

I have traveled all over the world with it on business trips and its been a great companion. Of course when I get back on the real thing, my flamenco blows it away.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 6 2008 12:42:14

Doitsujin

I just wanted to know how my floor does look like in the foro. Please ignore this post. I thought the colour fits wonderfully to Johns. If I would have money, I also would buy such a silent guitar. Thats no joke, I really think so.

Anyway interesting posts.

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 6 2008 21:18:57

johnguitars

There is no comparison between a "real woman" (flamenco guitar) and a "silent guitar". The silent guitar travels well and does not give me any crap (unlike a "real woman"). If you want to practice "flamenco" in quiet, this beats the hell out of a table top by a long shot. Doit, do floors really belong on the "Foro". Maybe you should try Builder's Squares site eh? or............post it on the "Flooro"?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 8 2008 2:33:43

HemeolaMan

RE: Silent guitar (in reply to Doitsujin

thats a good looking floor. I wish i had one liek that.

what kinda wood on there?

[signature][/signature]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 8 2008 16:55:57

Francisco

Great idea john, and excellent workmanship from what I can tell on the picture. What kind of joint did you use to attach the Mahogony? Keep us updated on how it sounds once you get the golpeadors 'wired' in.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 9 2008 13:45:19

johnguitars

I simply counter bored from the sides and used (2) wood screws on each piece. I am in the middle of moving my electronic benches right now so it will be a while before I get the transducers installed (appearance was a secondary consideration). I will let you know how that goes. (musicrepair.com) thanx
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 10 2008 2:20:22

Doitsujin

quote:

Doit, do floors really belong on the "Foro". Maybe you should try Builder's Squares site eh? or............post it on the "Flooro"?

Well, definetely not... But at first I decided to write,a short comparison with these guitars and my airguitar which I photographed on the photo which I uploaded. But I dont want to be the bad guy and dont write that... Why I uploaded it instead,..is written above.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 10 2008 6:32:25

XXX

I wonder if there is a big difference in tone with the Yamaha compared to a cheap chinese silent guitar
Did Conde or Gerundino ever built a silent guitar, does one know that?

Фламенко
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 10 2008 6:39:18

HemeolaMan

RE: Silent guitar (in reply to XXX

I'm pretty sure doit's floor probably sounds better than both the silent and the yamaha.

[signature][/signature]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 10 2008 12:25:53
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Lutherie >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote