Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

[Deleted]   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2] 3    >   >>
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

[Deleted] (in reply to Guest

[Deleted by Admins]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 24 2008 2:34:47

Bogdan1980

RE: whats the secret to a good rumba... (in reply to Guest

Is it me or is it that almost every thread lately reminds of Jerry Springer show?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 24 2008 3:25:32

Ailsa

RE: whats the secret to a good rumba... (in reply to guitarbuddha

Thank you buddha. I will be singing that all the way home now.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 24 2008 3:34:07

cneberg

I know you're lurking Dominic

Luka
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 24 2008 9:14:24

cneberg

Shame on you...

Luka
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 24 2008 9:15:32

RE: whats the secret to a good rumba... (in reply to cneberg)1 votes

quote:

ORIGINAL: cneberg

Shame on you...

you know what Luka your right...shame on me. When all this time i could have been using the 'block user' button. Ron, i got shiney green button right here with your name on it, and while im at it i may as well block shroomy too lol, you know that feeling when theres been a mosquito buzzing around your head and you swat it. Thats how i feel right now.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 24 2008 22:29:33

Francisco

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (1)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 25 2008 1:05:07

Arash

What did Shroomy to you this time in this thread Dom.??
He wrote 2 posts.
One with Ricardos page and the other one with some infos.

And you call him indirectly a buzzing mosquito?

I really dont understand whats goin on here now.

I think we all could come along if we would not take every and each word so seriously and make a personal fight out of each thread.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 25 2008 2:27:02

guitarbuddha

Hi, Dom, happy new year.

Did you read my posts or have you blanked me too ?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 25 2008 4:51:50

[Deleted by Admins]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 25 2008 5:19:54

Ailsa

Shroom I don't get it either. Dom's usually a great funny guy, and I'm not sure what's got into him.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shroomy726
everybody is against me. No matter what I do...

No it's just all got out of hand somehow. And when we are writing we don't have tone of voice to give the context, so it's easy to misunderstand and then overreact.

Stick around Shroom, it'll sort itself out
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 25 2008 6:38:31

guitarbuddha

RE: whats the secret to a good rumba... (in reply to Ailsa

Ailsa, you are the coolest member here by far
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 25 2008 6:42:40

Ron.M

quote:

I am seriously starting to think people don't want me here.

Don't be silly Shroomy!

I like you and ALL the folk here... the crazy people too, (including the Drama Queens)
That's what makes the Forum so dynamic IMO..

cheers,

Ron

A good guitar might be a good guitar
But it takes a woman to break your heart
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 25 2008 7:50:41

HemeolaMan

RE: whats the secret to a good rumba... (in reply to Ron.M

i think a little spanish vocabulary will spice up our controversies with a little exotic flair:

las palomitas: popcorn

pendejo: a s s hole

hijo de puta: son of a b it ch

no seas cabron: dont be a b *stard

pinche cabrón: stupid b@stard

Piensas que no me importa un carajo lo que me estás diciendo? : do you really think i give a f*ck what you say

that should make things alot more fun =)

[signature][/signature]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 25 2008 13:35:27

Florian

RE: whats the secret to a good rumba... (in reply to HemeolaMan

Shroomy, u didnt do anything wrong, i dont think Domenic meant that, it was fustration, i really appreciate what you did, you were the first one that acctualy gave a straight answer, Not only do I not want you to go, but i am developing a healthy respect for you after seeing how you conduct yourself. You had reasons to and would have been eazy to kick while hes down but you didnt, i respect that.

I am sure he will come to realise that, mibe it will take a while for you 2 to trust eachother and not assume you are beeing sarcastic or whatever to one another ( you know what i mean ?)

He was a fustrated still but not at you it was at the situation, he was treated wrong imo, a simple apology (without excuses ) could have fixed it, insted it wasent given, and it was left to keep going, so it dosent exactly bring closure to someone expecially when he feels like he has been threated wrong.

Lets face it some know how to play the appearence game on a forum and insult politely, with a smile on the face and in a round about sort of way leaving room for 2 interpretations and some just speak what they are really thinking and make it to eazy for people to brand them as truble makers or drama queens.

Domenic hasent yet learned how to insult so that if questioned it leaves room for 2 interpretations , like " OH no, i just meant ....

DOmenic is no different to anyone here, not you , not me not Ron, only he speaks his mind too often and too honestly, without thinking of how it appears on the page, i am really sorry cause in this case it shifted the attention from him beeing threated wrong to making it eazy now for people to just make him the escape goat

Ron didnt say anything hugely wrong, but it did upset him, if that mattered at all to Ron all he had to say was a simple " I am sorry, i jumped to conclusions" without the excuses that werent even really relevant, and then we make him look like a drama queen.

And Shroomy you didnt do anything wrong, I assure you that i dont want you to go and after he cools down neither does Domenic, I really apreciate what you did, and so will he.

And Ron, i do love you , honestly , after all this years.. how could i not ? and feel like we are really close friends we have argued alot but it was as if i was arguing with a member of my own family, even in the midlle of most heated argument i couldnt dislike you), and think of you as voice of reason, wiser, peace keeper here, and I do belive you are fair.. but i belive that you were wrong on this one.

no disrespect, but i do

I love you , but you are wrong , ok , you said the wrong thing accidentaly, no big deal ! i do that every other day but you could have fix it, but you left it play itself out and since Domenic is not good at this games, and was still upset not feeling like he got the closure he should have, said the wrong things himself and now he came out looking like the bad guy, drama qeen, but it should have never been allowed to get this far.

Unless in a middle of an argument, started from someone else i always apologise when i have offended someone first, even if i dont think that what i said was a big deal, if it uspet him, its big deal enough, and i know you do think that you apologised, but that was no apologie, it was just excuses trying to justifie the things you said earlyer.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 25 2008 16:09:16

[Deleted by Admins]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 25 2008 16:58:19

cathulu

I finally took the time to check out that video link, it was excellent! I was wondering what the heck he was muttering then I realized he was counting in French, sounded so weird to my ear and I live in a bilingual country and learned French in elementary school but can barely speak it at all!

I loved the stum and accents - it sounded great with the strings damped, and would sound great modified for Bulerias damped rhythm.

Thanks
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 25 2008 16:59:06

HemeolaMan

no seas cabrón, mariendo las palomitas por qué las patatas fritas es guacala.

lol, i kidding i kidding.

[signature][/signature]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 25 2008 17:02:41

Ron.M

RE: whats the secret to a good rumba... (in reply to Florian

Ach weel..

It's Burns Night tonight here in Scotland, in celebration of the great Scottish Poet, Robert Burns, a "plain" man indeed.

I've had my Haggis and Neeps and Tatties and a dram or two...
Well maybe more...in fact, a coodny keep coont efter the third!

So Dominic...(hic)...I just wanted to say that... see you min... you are my best pal in the whole World so ye ur....(hic)...I really mean that min....

So here a um offering you ma haun in friendship an asking ye tae take it an stoap hobblin aboot yer room wi yer ars@ in a sling fae mortal wounding...ye big Aussie Jessie ye!

Let's forget aboot it...

Here's a bit o' the Bard that applies to us a' here....

" O, wad some Power the giftie gie us
To see oursels as others see us!"

cheers, (hic)

Ron

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 26 2008 7:59:41

Arash

Well Flo, i know that you are a good buddy of Dominic and you know that i like both of you.

But now that you are talking about all these things, i have to mention that you are mixing up one thing!

Ron said in his 3rd post in this thread that he is sorry if Dom. got upset.

Then one day later Dom. is back and is saying things like blocking Ron, buzzing mosquitos, etc. (because of cnebergs comment)

The "drama queen" post was made after this post!!

If you were Ron, maybe you would have reacted much more aggressive!

So lets be fair!

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 26 2008 8:04:01

cneberg

quote:

Ach weel..

It's Burns Night tonight here in Scotland, in celebration of the great Scottish Poet, Robert Burns, a "plain" man indeed.

I've had my Haggis and Neeps and Tatties and a dram or two...
Well maybe more...in fact, a coodny keep coont efter the third!

So Dominic...(hic)...I just wanted to say that... see you min... you are my best pal in the whole World so ye ur....(hic)...I really mean that min....

So here a um offering you ma haun in friendship an asking ye tae take it an stoap hobblin aboot yer room wi yer ars@ in a sling fae mortal wounding...ye big Aussie Jessie ye!

Let's forget aboot it...

Here's a bit o' the Bard that applies to us a' here....

" O, wad some Power the giftie gie us
To see oursels as others see us!"

cheers, (hic)

Ron

Don't stop now Ron, cos we both know: The future is uncertain and the end is always near...

Luka
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 26 2008 8:51:20

RE: whats the secret to a good rumba... (in reply to cneberg)2 votes

sorry shroomy, they are right i was wrong to lash out at you. No if or buts or giving with one hand and taking with the other, that was wrong for me to do that. The problem with this rating system is when people come in and start giving one star and you dont know who it is you can start thinking it was poeple, i guess i thought you were doing it. Not that it matters really,but i unblocked you the hole blocking thing is silly i was pissed off. Anyway you shouldnt care what i or anyone thinks of you because at the end of the day we are just faceless names on a computer screen you will probably never meet, so if someone doesnt like you, **** them who cares(including me) but just for the record i do respect you and i was rude but i take it back.

This thred really pissed me off, all i wanted was a little advice and perhaps some technical help. I didnt really care if Ricardo helped me or not. Theres hundreds of guitarists here that could have helped. I dont even know why Ricardo was such a prominent issue here, i never asked him for help(if he did though i would have been grateful for the help, but i would have been just as grateful to anyone else) someone else made Ricardo an issue not me, i dont think he couldnt give a **** if i payed him $12 or not. im sure hes not going to starve cause i didnt but his lesson. shroomy did give me a indepth reply for the strumming and some great links so thanks shroomy even though i was a **** i do now appreciate it (i was pissed off)

i dont really give a flying rats gonad what anyone of you thinks of me. I am what i am, playing in the real world is what matters. Not petty internet status on a forum. I had a great gig last night and we got a residency in a nice spanish resteraunt from it, do you think i was sweating over the crap on this forum then? This forum is great but dont ever forget what it is...a forum nothing more nothing less.

There are less and less uploads from members especially beginners, why? Because there are people that just wait around so they can swoop in on people and criticise for the sake of critcising, and all too often not in a constructive way. The nature of this forum is changing but it is only natural...its getting bigger.

quote:

Is it me or is it that almost every thread lately reminds of Jerry Springer show?

Yeah my fault, asking for flamenco advice on a flamenco forum was a litlle daring, i have learned.
And i guess i should have reacted better when i was made to look like a user.

so anyway there you go, please give me one star for this i dont care oh yeah...and enjoy
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 26 2008 11:16:03

Florian

RE: whats the secret to a good rumba... (in reply to Arash

quote:

If you were Ron, maybe you would have reacted much more aggressive!

So lets be fair!

I have no idea what you are talking about I am the most level headed, cool colected calm cat here.

thats true , mibe , depends what day of the week, and on the extent of insult but this thread is not about me, when i am wrong other people tell me, when i feel others are wrong i tell them, id like to think i would have spoken out for anyone that i felled was threated wrong. I would like to hope that i tried to be fair to everyone here and look at the issues rather then the people and my relationship to them.

I respect the fact that Ron keped cool and i noticed the pi*sed apologie lol, I apreciated that, thats all, and troughout this argument Ron was just as much my mate as Domenic was and i was just as respectfull to him as i was to everyone else involved.

Domenic is my mate, but i have known Ron from a long long time (since the foro had a different adress ) and we also have a history togheder, so i wouldnt for a sec threat him as any less of a mate, it would be impossible.

If i was unfair i am sorry, i tried the best way i know how to to push for way everyone can make up and move on but in a way that everyone can walk away with dignity and satisfied, not pretend that the issue is over for the sake of appearances and some walk away unsitisfied and then they harbor negative feelings towards eachother and come out in unrelated topics.

i think issues should be resolved where they start, honest and openly.

wich by the looks of it IMO this one has.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 26 2008 13:51:07

Ailsa

quote:

I had a great gig last night and we got a residency in a nice spanish resteraunt from it

That's great news Dom! Let us know how it goes. Who is 'we'? Who do you play with?

I would love to have something regular - I probably only dance at a gig once every three or four weeks, and after one gig (last night for example) I have no idea when the next one will turn up - I just have to hope it will come along!!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 26 2008 20:53:29

Arash

I think for all of us this forum is just a forum and nothing more, but for me it doesnt mean that all you guys are some faceless names behind your PC (at least the members who post regurarly) and that i can do whatever i want and say whatever i want depending on my mood on that day. The fact that some people try to be nice doesnt mean that the foro is more impotant for them than their real life

I am talking generally and not to you Dom.
Everyone should behave the same way he would behave when one day we all should meet eachother in the "real" world. Imagine, one day we meet eachother and you have to look in to the face of the others and tell them that they should all f...k off.
Oh, and yes, this score thing is a joke. Or do you think that Edgar deserves his -100 or Koella his +140 ??

Flo, it was not about you. Forget it. I dont want to draw out this thing now and explain again, because i think the whole issue is solved now after Rons and Doms last posts.

Peace

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 26 2008 23:48:45

Florian

RE: whats the secret to a good rumba... (in reply to Arash

Arash i got exactly what you meant but i didnt want to go into it either for the same reason as you, didnt wanna drag it out.

yes i got the 3rd post thing

to have replied to you on that would have meant going in circles after it seems to have ended.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 27 2008 0:12:29

Stu

".........And they all lived happily ever after"
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 27 2008 0:16:07

Ron.M

quote:

Domenic is my mate, but i have known Ron from a long long time

At least I can spell his bloody name right!!

cheers,

Ron

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 27 2008 4:29:28

Ron.M

RE: whats the secret to a good rumba... (in reply to Ron.M)1 votes

Now that things have got less hysterical, there are a few things I'd like to get off my chest.
Helping Simon with the Admin is not easy, because sometimes I've got to wear an Admin's hat, looking after the general Forum interests, and other times I just want to be myself.
A good few years ago..(in fact I can't really remember if it was the early days of this Forum or the "flamencohangover" Forum on MSN that Simon set up), but the subject of "Rumba" came about.
Rumba subjects are really popular, so a number of folk joined into the discussion.
Ricardo tried to answer a few questions...mentioning that as a professional musician he had made a commercial video lesson available on FT.
Anyway, one guy asked him if he could please upload a video of a part of what he had written, since he couldn't really follow it in text form.
Ricardo was like...ahem...well...um... and was kinda embarrassed.
So what happened.
It ended up with Ricardo avoiding the Forum for a while.

So to Dominic...I want to say that I did handle your post badly...
My answer really was not directed specifically to you, but to the Forum in general, in not abusing the man's good will.
I'm really sorry that my post got picked up in the wrong way by yourself, but by that time the crap was flying and I knew there was no point to trying to explain at length.

I do admit that I'm pretty touchy on the subject of freebies...
(Which I agree you were not asking Ricardo for...OK?)

When I used to sell my "Flamenco Master" program on the Net for $10, I'd maybe get 4 or 5 registrations per month.
I know that all Countries are not equal and in some places $10 might be quite a lot of money.
So I wrote in my site that if anybody lived in a Country where $10 was a problem, either due to exchange problems or otherwise, to send me a letter or postcard "snailmail" (not email) telling me of their circumstances and I'd sort something out.
Well...I ended up getting abot 80 requests a month all from hotmail or yahoo accounts from folk claiming to be from Ethiopia or Bangladesh etc!
Some of the folk didn't even have the decency to write anything about themselves, but just simply wrote " send here pls...tnks"!

Also I work as a self-employed electronics engineer from my own home workshop.
Most of my work is fixing folks tellys and DVD stuff etc.
That's what pays the bills and puts food on the table.
I can't phone in sick, nor does anybody pay me for holidays.
No work=No pay.
Yet I've lost count of the long lost friends and folk who know me who phone up and "re-aquaint" themselves and ask me could I have a "look" at their LCD telly or Guitar Amplifier "in my spare time".

Anyway I won't go on, except to say I do maybe overreact on this kinda subject.

BTW Dominic...I know somehow you suspect me of not liking you or having given you one star on your YouTube upload.
Nothing could be further from the truth.
You have to be logged in to YouTube to rate posts and the last time I logged in was maybe 4 months ago?
In fact check for yourself if you want.
My user name is "shettlestonflamenco".

Anyway, no doubt folk will pick through the wording of this and choose some item to challenge and cause a row over...

cheers and lets all stay calm,

Ron

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 27 2008 6:57:33

prd1

Hey Ron...is the Burns night Buckfast buzz wearing off?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 27 2008 7:20:14
Page:   <<   <   1 [2] 3    >   >>
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2] 3    >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post