Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

WANTED: Conde A26   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Useful Stuff >>Classifieds >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

itoprover

WANTED: Conde A26 

Felipe V shop, good condition, 650/655 scale, $5000 or less

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 5 2007 6:33:10

tk

RE: WANTED: Conde A26 (in reply to itoprover

https://www.danzeffguitars.com/showitem.cfm?id=182&menu=flamenco&type=guitars

I have played this guitar while I was there and I thought it was a good comfortable guitar...Pretty much the sound of Chicuelo's blanca. in encuentro. The condition was good too.

TK
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 5 2007 17:27:21

vasileos

Hi,

There are couple of 90's Condes from Felipe V - '99 Blanca and '96 Negra here:

http://www.classicguitar.com/flamenco.html

Also, check out EBAY (unfortunately no approval period) - there was a Conde recently.

Zavaletas has a '06 Conde blanca from Gravina 7 shop-

http://www.zavaletas-guitarras.com/mirror/inventoryf.htm

Your'e probably aware that there are 3 shops, many people prefer the Felipe V shop. However, all three shops can have great guitars, just need to try. Who knows, one factory may produce all three. Check out this thread from a while back:

http://www.foroflamenco.com/tm.asp?m=59749&appid=&p=&mpage=1&key=gravina&tmode=&smode=&s=#62131

Good luck. Nothing like a great Conde!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 5 2007 20:40:47

itoprover

Thank for links guys!

I don't have much flexibility here because I am not buying a Conde for myself but I was asked to choose and buy one and bring it to one of my best friends in Russia - I am going there next summer. And he says it has to be A26 blanca with 660mm scale max. from Felipe V shop and the budget is no more than 5K.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 5 2007 21:10:31

Doitsujin

What are these for prices? The authors of the internetshop must be totally drunken..
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 5 2007 22:02:22

itoprover

RE: WANTED: Conde A26 (in reply to Doitsujin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Doitsujin
What are these for prices? The authors of the internetshop must be totally drunken..

Sorry Doitsujin, I don't quite understand what you mean here, but I think "going price" for high-end conde models is from 4K to 7K nowadays... What do you suggest? This is just how the world is today..

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 5 2007 22:12:17

Arash

At least there must be some who buy the guitars for these prices otherwise they couldnt make such prices.
I would not spend more than max. 3000 Euro on a guitar (and this only if it is a really really good guitar) because imo you pay a lot only for the name.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 5 2007 22:18:15

Arash

quote:

ORIGINAL: itoprover

Thank for links guys!

I don't have much flexibility here because I am not buying a Conde for myself but I was asked to choose and buy one and bring it to one of my best friends in Russia - I am going there next summer. And he says it has to be A26 blanca with 660mm scale max. from Felipe V shop and the budget is no more than 5K.

Good luck!
This is a risky thing. What if you liked the guitar but your friend didnt for what ever reason?
I would never do such a thing, specially not for such an expensive guitar.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 5 2007 22:23:52

itoprover

RE: WANTED: Conde A26 (in reply to Arash

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arash
At least there must be some who buy the guitars for these prices otherwise they couldnt make such prices.
I would not spend more than max. 3000 Euro on a guitar because imo you pay a lot only for the name.

Well, what can I say... all I need to do is to buy a guitar for my friend. The same guy bought Audi A8 couple of months ago, but nobody asks why he did not buy a Huindai, right? I am on Aaron Green's waitng list and going to pay more than 3000 for guitar too, am I stupid? Maybe someone has Aaron Green blanca or a good Conde for sale for less than 3K - I will definetely buy it right now, for cash..

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 5 2007 22:33:04

Arash

quote:

ORIGINAL: itoprover

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arash
I would not spend more than max. 3000 Euro on a guitar because imo you pay a lot only for the name.

Well, what can I say... all I need to do is to buy a guitar for my friend. The same guy bought Audi A8 couple of months ago, but nobody asks why he did not buy a Huindai, right? I am on Aaron Green's waitng list and going to pay more than 3000 for guitar too, am I stupid? Maybe someone has Aaron Green blanca or a good Conde for sale for less than 3K - I will definetely buy it right now, for cash..

Well, an Audi A8 is a much much better car than a Huindai and this in all cases and not only in few of them.
The fact that the people are searching for "good Condes" speaks for it self. So there must be also many bad Condes around!
But an Audi A8 is an Audi A8 and is always better than a Huindai.

And i didnt want to call anyone stupid!! Most of the members here have very expensive guitars and many of the them may be worth the money for them. Some of the even collect guitars and have 10 or 20 Guitars! I just said what I would do. I would rather buy an Anders for 2600 Euro (because i never heard anything bad and i know it is only him who builts the guitar) than risking buy a Conde for 6000 or more and ask myself ....oh who built this guitar? Conde or Sanchis or ...? and not even beeing sure if it will turn out as one of the "good Condes".

p.s. Anders was just an example, there are also many other good "unknown" or less know builders who built super guitars for a reasonable price.

But, only my personal opinion

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 5 2007 22:49:59

itoprover

RE: WANTED: Conde A26 (in reply to Arash

quote:

But an Audi A8 is an Audi A8 and is always better than a Huindai.

This is very subjective statement - Huindai has its high-end models too that are very comfortable and in some cases you bring it to a repair shop less often than bad Audi and of course it serves its purpose: you can drive it from point A to point B...
I don't want to start an argument but if a person shops for a Conde then helping him would be helping finding a good Conde Hermanos guitar, don't you think? In fact, the guy is not asking for advice: he wants a particular model at particular price - he needs it for his own recording studio and trusts me with a choice.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 5 2007 23:40:10

Arash

Sure.

I am pretty sure there are others here who can give you advice regarding Condes,,,maybe Ricardo ..i think he is a Conde fan.
And i hope you find a good guitar for your friend.
But try to find a guitar which you can play before buying (if it is possible). If not, ask for sample Audio recording without any effect (EQ, etc.) if possible. Do not blindly buy a 5K guitar.

Good Luck.
Peace

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 5 2007 23:54:45

vasileos

Unfortunately CONDE guitars seem to be a "touchy" subject for some. Some people are very concerned about a "factory" made guitar. Sure, Condes may not be built by an individual luthier working alone and doing everything by hand, but they are still a great guitar and preferred by many professional flamenco guitarists in Spain and elsewhere. There is a bit of romanticism in regards to an luthier built guitar and that is great. You get out in other styles of music and many use factory guitars such as Fender, Gibson, PRS, etc. and there doesn't seem as much as a big deal as in flamenco.

To each their own and why question it (like I am doing now)

By the way my name is Bill and I lurk sometimes and participate at times. This is a great forum at ALL times!!!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 6 2007 0:00:47

itoprover

RE: WANTED: Conde A26 (in reply to vasileos

Well, maybe I was lucky but every Conde I tried was a beautiful guitar and if I'd have a lot of money I would buy a negra for myself for sure, but right now I am just gonna wait for my Green blanca and I will have a chance to play my friend's A26 till summer in case I'll find one.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 6 2007 3:04:49

itoprover

RE: WANTED: Conde A26 (in reply to tk

quote:

ORIGINAL: tk

https://www.danzeffguitars.com/showitem.cfm?id=182&menu=flamenco&type=guitars

I have played this guitar while I was there and I thought it was a good comfortable guitar...Pretty much the sound of Chicuelo's blanca. in encuentro. The condition was good too.

TK

Hi TK, I contacted Dan Zeff - this guitar is already sold but website was never updated..

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 19 2008 6:41:28

Doitsujin

And I want the form A38. I think that explains all..
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 19 2008 8:30:06

itoprover

quote:

And I want the form A38. I think that explains all..

?????

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 19 2008 10:05:01

Doitsujin

Didnt you watch the twelve tasks of Asterix??

quote:

8. Find Permit A-38 in "The Place That Sends You Mad". A mind-numbing multi-storey building founded on bureaucracy and staffed by clinically unhelpful people who direct all their clients to other similarly unhelpful people elsewhere in the building. Asterix eventually beats them at their own game by asking for an imaginary permit that nobody knows about, sending the place into disarray. Eventually Asterix is given Permit A-38 just to make him leave and stop causing trouble.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Twelve_Tasks_of_Asterix

It was just a joke on the serial of the conde... Why dont call it Conde professional or Conde supreme? Or R2D2... hmmm.. maybe that was weird humor..
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 20 2008 2:53:46

itoprover

quote:

Didnt you watch the twelve tasks of Asterix??

quote:

8. Find Permit A-38 in "The Place That Sends You Mad". A mind-numbing multi-storey building founded on bureaucracy and staffed by clinically unhelpful people who direct all their clients to other similarly unhelpful people elsewhere in the building. Asterix eventually beats them at their own game by asking for an imaginary permit that nobody knows about, sending the place into disarray. Eventually Asterix is given Permit A-38 just to make him leave and stop causing trouble.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Twelve_Tasks_of_Asterix

It was just a joke on the serial of the conde... Why dont call it Conde professional or Conde supreme? Or R2D2... hmmm.. maybe that was weird humor..

ha-ha, I don't why they give those model numbers to instruments.. perhaps in order to sell them at higher and much higher price.. I agree there should be just "Primera blanca" and "Estudio blanca" so there is no confusion. What does "A" stand for? and what is "26"?? Nobody knows..

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 20 2008 4:21:15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Useful Stuff >>Classifieds >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post