Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: Grimaces while playing   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

tilsitter

RE: Grimaces while playing (in reply to ChrisAudio

severe Botox abuse I`d say

but I love it
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 31 2007 11:31:31

bernd

RE: Grimaces while playing (in reply to tilsitter

I don´t want to poke at someon´s fate. For me his facial expression seems to be like a fractured shadow from beyond, really frightening. Anyway he´s doing a true thing, I like it as well.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 31 2007 11:53:53

Ailsa

RE: Grimaces while playing (in reply to ChrisAudio

I just remembered something I saw once, which was not a grimace, more of a lack of inhibition, but was much more distracting.

The cantaor was really into the music and had a fabulous voice, but he had these odd little habits, which I don't think he even knew he was doing, they were just sort of instinctive.

In the first letra, he spent the time winding the mic cable round and round. In the second letra, he was unbuttoning a button on his shirt and then doing it up, over and over again. Getting even more distracting now.

On the third letra, I swear this is the truth, he put one hand inside his shirt and was moving it up and down as though he was stroking his nipple. Honest, I'm not making this up!!

On the fourth letra

Ha that got you!! There was no fourth letra, and what a relief!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 12 2007 12:07:04

d.eduardo

RE: Grimaces while playing (in reply to Ailsa

I think we need to "nip this one in the bud".
Self-help guide to managing your grimacing:

1. Get a pal to video you playing for a while - preferrably as au-naturale as possible (with clothes on)
2. Invite more friends to watch your performance on video replay
3. The video record will be handy for the future so that you can remember what a tw£$ you looked
3. The majority vote counts - if they think you look constipated while "expressing yourself" then you need to tone it down somehow.
4. If, after one month, you can't banish this affliction then you must be consigned to the W.C. when you want to do "expressive" playing and you can "kill two birds with one stone" as it were.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 12 2007 16:17:59
Page:   <<   <   1 [2]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post