Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Hay un mulito en mi casa   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Escribano

Hay un mulito en mi casa 

My girlfriend posted this video. I never realised that my dog doesn't quite grasp English after 8 friggin' years Still, he tries, bless him.

You want 3 [stupid] pitbulls in 1, PM me!

Foro Flamenco founder and Admin
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 18 2007 19:49:45

Ron.M

RE: Hay un mulito en mi casa (in reply to Escribano

God bless 'im Simon,
Almost had a tear in my eye remembering our old Lab "Montserrat".

"Walkies" are a Big Thing in a dog's life..

Years ago, I would watch the end of a TV programme or something and then say to my wife..."It's a nice night...I think I might take Montse for a walk".

A thunder of paws would come from upstairs where she was sleeping (but always listening, even if you whispered)..and she'd be all over you and going mental.

We had to develop new words as she'd already got the words "Montse", "Walk", "Out" etc, so she'd go mental if you had to say something in general conversation, like " Oh...is she actually going out with him now?" and (focussing on the "out"), jump and get the lead in her mouth and come prancing up to you, thrusting it into your face.

We had to develop a shortened language like, instead of "Montse" we'd refer to her as "A certain Hound", or shorten it further to "A Hound" and later to "A.H", and "Walkies" or "Walk" shortened to just "W", to try to keep one step ahead of the doggie brain.

So a typical conversation would be " OK...if I do the shopping on the way back, can you take "A.H for a W"

Around the same time, my daughter was born, and we called her Anne-Carron.

So to keep in with the code language, I'd say "Are you taking A.H for a W and are you taking A.C too?"
This lasted for a while until Montse reached the end of her days.

My daughter's 14 and at secondary school now, yet all her teachers and friends just know her as "A.C"

Funny how these things last!

cheers,

Ron

A good guitar might be a good guitar
But it takes a woman to break your heart
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 18 2007 22:12:17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages