Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: black people   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: <<   <   1 2 [3]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Florian

RE: black people (in reply to koella

whenever i am lining up for my chicken/salad sandwich at lunch time i always get very deep, thinking about and the world and the problems and what can i do to help, i always get served just before i am about to come up with a solution but still...

Today was different !... in the spirit of this great thread i was wondering how come there's no midgets (not sure if that politically correct ) dancers in flamenco ? ( no i dont mean short spanish men , i mean litlle people)

I know if i was short id jump at the oportunity to jump in anything with high heels , u can play it cool and all mature and grown up if u want to but dont try telling that you havent tought about it.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 18 2007 8:16:19

koella

RE: black people (in reply to Florian

That's an interesting point Flo. Right on man .
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 18 2007 9:04:58

Ailsa

OMG Flo, sometimes you are so unreconstructed! I'm laughing even tho I know I shouldn't because it is definitely not PC! Koella I'm surprised at you encouraging Flo like that.

On the other hand you do have a point. In UK there are groups of disabled dancers who do funky dance moves in a wheelchair. There are theatre groups of deaf actors, probably other examples too. Not sure if this sort of thing exists in flamenco?

Actually if I were seriously vertically challenged, I would go for stilt dancing. That is so bad. Slap my wrists.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 18 2007 9:43:31

Pimientito

quote:

ORIGINAL: Florian

how come there's no midgets (not sure if that politically correct ) dancers in flamenco ? ( no i dont mean short spanish men , i mean litlle people)

How come ther are not more midget rhinocerous flamenco dancers in their underpants, thats what i want to know. There is at least one in the world

Follow my blog http://pimientito.wordpress.com/

"Ceremonial" by Mark Shurey "Pimientito". CD and digital download vailable on Amazon and
CDbaby. http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/markshurey
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 18 2007 20:14:50

Ron.M

quote:

whenever i am lining up for my chicken/salad sandwich at lunch time i always get very deep, thinking about and the world and the problems and what can i do to help, i always get served just before i am about to come up with a solution

LOL!

Winston Churchill said that he went through a period of dreams where he would wake up in the middle of the night with the answer to everything.
He would vow to remember it in the morning, but never could.

He decided to get some notepaper and a pen by his bedside so he could quickly note his revelations down for later reading.

On a particularly dream-filled night, he awoke with the answer to everything and although half-asleep forced himself to write it down and went back to sleep a happy man.

In the morning he grabbed the paper, on which he had written....

"The Universe is permeated by a profound smell of Ammonia....."

cheers,

Ron

A good guitar might be a good guitar
But it takes a woman to break your heart
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 18 2007 21:19:50

koella

Where do they live, those Ammonia's ?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 18 2007 21:41:08

henrym3483

RE: black people (in reply to koella

Theres a brilliant scene in don pohrens book flamenco a way of life, where he organises a juerga with the "tontos" of moron (people with mental difficulties or with learning difficulties), the visitors at the finca thought it was a bit anti pc, taking a joke at the expense of those who are mentally retarded, but heh the tontos of moron who did it enjoyed it; dance sangand had a laugh told a good joke,
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 18 2007 22:52:30

Florian

RE: black people (in reply to Pimientito

quote:

How come ther are not more midget rhinocerous flamenco dancers in their underpants, thats what i want to know. There is at least one in the world

hehe, i seen that about a year ago, its brilliant whomever did it knew a litlle bit about flamenco dancing and yeah why didnt he do more ?

quote:

Theres a brilliant scene in don pohrens book flamenco a way of life, where he organises a juerga with the "tontos" of moron (people with mental difficulties or with learning difficulties), the visitors at the finca thought it was a bit anti pc, taking a joke at the expense of those who are mentally retarded, but heh the tontos of moron who did it enjoyed it; dance sangand had a laugh told a good joke,

yeah thats a case of were political correectnes goes to extreme, most often is the politicaly correct people that do the least for or offend "different people", because they ignore them or patronise them out of fear of saying or doing something wrong. I am sure everyone who is different just wants to be threated the same as anyone else more or less.

Like there is a older gay dance teacher (Roger for adelaide people) who calles me a "Poof" lol I love that !!! because its funny and it says , i know what i am , u know what u are, there's no reason to walk on eggshels for the rest of our life's having to think of ways to be politically correct everytime we talk..

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 19 2007 7:06:05

[Deleted] (in reply to koella

[Deleted by Admins]

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 19 2007 7:38:00
Page:   <<   <   1 2 [3]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: <<   <   1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message