Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Vicente Sanchis and Vicente Torres Guitars   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

loogiestloo

Vicente Sanchis and Vicente Torres G... 

Hi all,

Has anyone heard of vicente sanchis and vicente torres guitars before? If so could you let me know any information on the quality of them. How would they compare to some of the cheaper Alhambra models, 3f for example or a Raimundo 125?

Thanks in advance
Dane
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 6 2007 19:18:56

JBASHORUN

RE: Vicente Sanchis and Vicente Torr... (in reply to loogiestloo

Vicente Sanchis is not known for his Flamenco guitars, if I remember rightly. That is to say, they are not considered as good as some other makers. You can buy a lower end VS CLASSICAL guitar on Ebay for under £100 (well under in some cases), but it depends on which model. However, I'm sure there are some good ones for the right price though...

¡Si esto no está en compas, esto no es el Flamenco!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 6 2007 20:19:26

frhout

Vicente Sanchis flamenco guitars are not worth buying, at any price. It's a pain to play.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 7 2007 19:54:25

Michael1917

Well, I don't know why the criticism of Vicente Sanchis flamenco guitars unless some people got a bad guitar or a lower-end model. I purchased 2 Vicente Sanchis guitars from Paco de Malaga--who studied under Paco de Lucia's father and played professionally for years---and who had hand-picked them in Spain for his U.S. shop. I found the Model 33F, as well as the 39F and especially the 41F to be well made, solid, and extremely easy to play. I've played many flamenco guitars and, yes, of course, if you can afford to spend between $2500 and $5000 (or more) you can find really good Spanish-made guitars. If I could afford a high-end Conde or an older Ramirez (and so many other great guitars), I'd buy one. With the Vicente Sanchis, they are made at a shop that produces a lot of guitars, but in the 33F models and up, the quality is very, very good. And at least in the ones I have (39F and 41F), the sound, tone, playability is excellent. It is a joy to play and the sound is really traditional flamenco: dry, loud, and raspy. I love it. In the Vicente Sanchis price range ($1300 to $2300), for the upper models, I think it is a good deal provided you play the guitar and play some different guitars in that price range to get a feel for the quality, wood, and sound. My guitars were hand-picked by a professional player, so I may have lucked out. But I am very happy with them and would not hesitate to recommend Vicente Sanchis flamenco guitars----provided you, the buyer/player, sit down and try them. Don't necssarily take my word for it or anybody else's. Go play them for yourself. Shop around. You might find V. Sanchis is right for you.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 8 2007 17:49:49

frhout

I can't remember the model number, a peghead, it couldn't be a high-end guitar. A friend bought it for £275 about 15 years ago in London Guitar Studio. I remember I couldn't stop all the strings properly, especially at the twelth fret. I'll let somebody else work out the inflation rate, how much that would have cost today. But I really don't think we can't get a flamenco guitar which sounds flamenco for less than 1000 euros (£750?), and at this price, I would go for a Sanchis Lopez or Ricardo.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 8 2007 17:58:00
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post