Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Juan Serrano tabs   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Playing >>Tabs >> Page: [1] 2    >   >>
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Alinho

Juan Serrano tabs 

Does Anybody have tabs of this song ?

or Tempstad by Juan Serrano ?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 29 2007 9:26:40

Doitsujin

RE: Juan Serrano tabs (in reply to Alinho

God beware.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 29 2007 10:54:19

Alinho

2#

Why ? The melodies are good .
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 29 2007 13:31:28

Doitsujin

Well I think his playing is completely crap.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 29 2007 20:35:20

[Deleted] (in reply to Alinho

[Deleted by Admins]

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 29 2007 20:52:22

duende

I think Juans work is boring compared to sabicas and niño ricardo and so on but i do like his rasgueados i realy do.

however i dont think this vid do him justice ok. try finding something from when he´s 30 or something.

This is hard stuff!
Don't give up...
And don't make it a race.
Enjoy the ray of sunshine that comes with every new step in knowledge.

RON
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 29 2007 21:29:22

JBASHORUN

RE: Juan Serrano tabs (in reply to duende

quote:

however i dont think this vid do him justice ok. try finding something from when he´s 30 or something.

Agreed. this video is a bad example. But Juan Serrano is not so bad... he was once pretty good, even some of his later work is better than a few guitarists I could mention...

Jb

¡Si esto no está en compas, esto no es el Flamenco!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 29 2007 21:42:06

el ted

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Dec. 5 2007 16:00:42
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 30 2007 8:53:52

Florian

RE: Juan Serrano tabs (in reply to el ted

quote:

Well I think his playing is completely crap.

lol... youre terrible

mibe i am getting old, but i got respect for every guitarist this days, or if i really dont like his music, i say it to my friends in private, instead of in a forum on the internet where everyone can read

but i am not suggesting that you do that, you have 100 % right to your opinion and its up to you how u express it, and where afterall , thats why we love you, for your uncompromising one line comments
I for one wouldnt change a thing about u
( i know it can seem like it, but theres no sarcasm anywhere in my post)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 30 2007 9:07:27

Francisco

quote:

I'd be more than happy to be able to play at Juan's level.

Ditto
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 30 2007 10:01:09

Doitsujin

Well it was a bit too hard to say all of his playin is completely crap. Hes a good solid player. I dont know about his playing for dance or singing. I only have an opinion about his solo guitar.
As I wrote in past, hes very anvanced for a hobbyplayer but just in the lower level of professional players of today.
Maybe a player doesnt have to be extremely good for playing perfectly older flamenco style. If thats so. Hes more than good enough to play his stuff, but its not enough to reach todays players.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 30 2007 15:41:22

[Deleted] (in reply to Doitsujin

[Deleted by Admins]

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 30 2007 16:18:33

JBASHORUN

Doitsujin,

maybe you think THIS bulerias is better than the other one?:

http://media.putfile.com/Patio-Gitano-Bulerias

and here's a Farruca:

http://media.putfile.com/Luna-Y-Clavel-Farruca

But these are later recordings, I'm sure he was much better when he was in his prime.

Jb

¡Si esto no está en compas, esto no es el Flamenco!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 30 2007 17:21:53

Doitsujin

Thanks Jashorun for the links. I cant watch it now.. My browser says I need a plugin which I dont have. I will watch it. And maybe correct my opinion about his playing in future. For now I wrote a silly lile text which I have to post now. :./

At first I wanna pronounce that I dont wanna attack anybody. So please dont be mad if I got the wrong words. My english is just vry bad and I try to write as direct as I can to avoid any misunderstandings. So I cant write very politely. Please dont get crazy. I respect the forummembers here and dont wanna start any trouble. Well,.. we had a treat about apologizing before writing no?

Ok.. now please go on reading.

So you say all modern younger players a just flashing and have no aire? I never wrote that he had no aire. His playing is just not very interesting. And if you read my posts in past you wouldnt missed the one where I told a beginner that aire is more important than technic.

Aire is a terrible word. Lets just call it feeling. And every person feels different. So it would allways be false to say "this person has "aire" and another person not". Because its just a matter of different tastes. And nobody as the right to define and judge feelings assistantly for all other people. So I just speak for me.

And I say. Juan Serranos playing doesnt turn me on. Diegos too. Sabicas, Juan Martins, Jeronimos, Ottmars and Canizares dont move my feelings too. So, there are players with all levels included. Ottmar with the greatest technic and Canizares... . . well...
If a player plays with feelings, it mustnt be good at all. If its a terrible composition, it could be played with tons of feelings but it doesnt move some peoples feelings. So the composition is important too beside of the feelings.
And Juan hams compositions are not my taste. We had some ploads of some forummembers who play much worser than him, bu some compositions were much much better and really moved my feelings. (In a good way)

And to tell an opinion doesnt have anything to do with having no respect. This is a discussion forum and if we would all have the same opinion, we could do other things than reading the posts of our members no?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 30 2007 17:30:12

[Deleted] (in reply to Doitsujin

[Deleted by Admins]

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 30 2007 17:45:47

Doitsujin

No problem romerito!

Yes I wrote the word "crap". Its really hard. Well...You are right with that. It was an attack. So.. I wanna take this word back and change it to "not interesting for me".

Well.. To the word "aire" I want to say something. I have problems to use the words "baile, toque, cante, aire, duende (not our duende " and other spanish words like that while not talking spanish.

In the so called flamenco world exists very much and hard racissim. We wrote about that often, so I dont wanna start again with that. The spanish people try to raise flamenco to "their art" and forget its history. And their sighnboard of he absolute perfection in playing flamenco guitar.. they used Paco. Who is just half spanish. So there are many other unlogical disagreements,.. its so worse. And the worst of all is, that no spanish people perform this racism against their own no spanish people. Everybody would take a spanish guitarrist instead of a no spanish guitarrist for a party only coz they think "the spanish person has it in the blood". Thats really crap. Sorry for the word. When I was early beginner I learned together with some spanish friends. And whenever other people came in the room they listened only the spainsh player. And he celebrated it and tryed to be the teacher. But in real he wasnt so great. Other players were much better but nobody recognize them. I often made this experience.
And to talk in my lenguage but using spanish words for talking about normal things like dancing, singing, feelings and so on is another form of discriminating myself. Its a way to put spaish and flamenco over me. It makes me smaller.

Its also so bad when the german danceteacher who allways lived in germany (whose far familymembers are spanish), who are 100% germen starts to talk spanish with the german guitarrist in front of the dacepupils, only to emulate "the spanish flamenco people" to be more authentic or cool r somethig like that... Its absurd!

I could tell you a lot of these storys.
Thats the reason why I dont like to use these words. Its like discriminating my personalyty.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 30 2007 20:51:43

Florian

Doit, i think i understand what you mean also agree.

thats not the spanish fault thow..., People are stupid

i am no different, i dont watch martial arts movies made in Slovenia, i should be tho

or try chinesse food made in a italian shop.

but u are right. is compleatly unfair and most of the time the only thing u can ever be is yourself, anything less is nothing but a fake.

nothing bugs me more than forreginers acting more spanish than the spanish, its like enough allready, now i would like to know who u are.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 30 2007 20:58:57

koella

I also agree with you Doit.
But imo opinion "aire" cannot just be translated into "feeling."

I think "aire" is much more about playing with the RIGHT feeling. Not just add your own feeling to the notes and that's it. Don't you think so? And the best way for that still seems to crawl under the skin of the spanish culture, no ?

Btw. Just made me curious.Paco is just half-spanish ? Where is his other half from ?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 30 2007 21:08:06

Matic

RE: Juan Serrano tabs (in reply to Florian

quote:

i dont watch martial arts movies made in Slovenia

hey hey hey!!

vengo de los san migueles
si no me caso este año que yo
me caso el año que viene
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 30 2007 21:17:10

[Deleted] (in reply to Florian

[Deleted by Admins]

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 30 2007 21:20:39

[Deleted] (in reply to koella

[Deleted by Admins]

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 30 2007 21:22:41

koella

Jeez, that's new to me. I hate Fado.
Thanks Romerito.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 30 2007 21:27:17

[Deleted] (in reply to koella

[Deleted by Admins]

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 30 2007 21:28:10

Doitsujin

Well sinign, dancing, playing guitar, and playing with feeling is easy to understand no? We dont need cante, baile, toque and aire.

well talking spanish to give the art flamenco some respect is a nice opinion. I can live with that. ok.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 30 2007 22:02:54

Mark2

Juan was at the very top of the game in his time. He played for the best of his time. As a soloist, he played the top concert halls. Sol Hurok represented him. It's fine if someone doesn't like his style, his falsetas, his music, his hairstyle. But to suggest he was anything less than a top professional is simply innaccurate. You can try to rewrite history, but you've got to know history if you expect anyone to take you seriously. Read his book. Then apologize for blasphemy.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 30 2007 22:17:01

duende

Agreed Juan is a hero of his TIME

This is hard stuff!
Don't give up...
And don't make it a race.
Enjoy the ray of sunshine that comes with every new step in knowledge.

RON
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 30 2007 22:37:52

[Deleted] (in reply to duende

[Deleted by Admins]

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 30 2007 22:49:47

Florian

quote:

There is only one thing that bugs me more than foreigners acting Spanish and that is ignoring all the other cultural aspects, such as language, that make up the culture. In fact, at least the people who try to act Spanish are giving some respect to the art form.

yeah and absoluteley no respect to themselfs or they'r own culture, i dont see how it can possibly be disrespectfull to flamenco by liking it and still beeing true to your own culture.

to have a German dance teacher speaking spanish to a german guitarist in germany at a flamenco class full of germans who perhaps are beginners and dont understand spanish, is stupid, pointless and excuse me for saying try - hardish, tacky

learningh the language wont help u be more spanish ... everybody knows u need to take a nap in the afterrnoon, die your hair jetblack and start wistling at every girl you pass walking down the street is the way jk.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 1 2007 8:34:09

M.S.A.

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Feb. 8 2011 4:31:53
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 9 2009 4:48:41

johnguitars

Alinho.....to answer your original question, it is on page 184 of Juan's book, "Flamenco Concert Selections" which I believe is published by Mel Bay. I also feel that Juan is bit mechanical----but what do you expect from a Spaniard that plays with German top notch precision? He was I believe the first professor of Flamenco ever (at least in America)? Yes? He was also a good friend of Sabicas.

Too much is not enough!!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 9 2009 7:58:25
Page:   [1] 2    >   >>
All Forums >>Playing >>Tabs >> Page: [1] 2    >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote