Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

jason mcquire lessons   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

rick

jason mcquire lessons 

his site is up and running for lessons, if you can t find it via a search i can post the link
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 18 2007 17:21:49

Doitsujin

RE: jason mcquire lessons (in reply to rick

Yes please post a link, if there are any free samples.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 18 2007 21:36:25

jrabbani

RE: jason mcquire lessons (in reply to Doitsujin

http://www.flamenco-lessons.com/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 18 2007 22:11:04

koella

RE: jason mcquire lessons (in reply to rick

hm, maybe one day I start a business like this.
Seems lucrative 29,99 dollar a month per member. Lets say, uhm... 500 members.
makes...15000 dollar a month. Yes, lets keep practising.
that's 180000 per year. I could live with that.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 18 2007 22:29:54

legrec

RE: jason mcquire lessons (in reply to koella

quote:

15000 dollar a month

Yeah, but the hard thing is to really have the 500 members !

I think the price is perhaps a bit high for video lessons. I don't know the amount of lessons available per month, or if there is written material along, but I feel it's too close to the price of a direct teacher..But for sure, every flamenco material is interesting, and if the guy is really good it may be worth the price.

Apple made big business with the 1 euro song, and not a subscription system. Almost all the online music shops with a 10-20$ per month crashed down, no matter what they offered. Now some are coming back but with a very low monthly price.
The business model of a subscription system must be really attractive on price/offering relation...
Of course, flamenco material for learning is normally more expensive but I still think his price is a bit high to have 500 subscriptions (err...maybe from Japan, with plenty of rich afficionados.. )

Koella, if you want to launch a business like this one day, I give you an idea perhaps : The well-known weakest point of vids lessons is the lack of interactivity.

But TADA : now there are plenty of com' tools, which allows interactivity throught webcams. So I guess it would be an excellent added value to propose 15 or 30 minutes of direct one-to-one lessons, along with the vids.. And it will clearly legitimate a "high" monthly price.
And best of all, like we do with online teaching at the university now : the students are able to save the lesson, and profit of the replay functions of a normal vid lesson...

With this you'll be able to hold the breath (and wallet) of the 500 members. But it will means no more sleeping time for ya

Hey, I just thought about this : foroflamenco of the next years will have a "video meeting area", in which we'll be able to teach ourselves or jam in one-to-one or group sessions.. sounds good...
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 18 2007 23:13:06

[Deleted] (in reply to rick

[Deleted by Admins]

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 19 2007 0:04:17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message