Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Flamenco Connection   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Useful Stuff >>Classifieds >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

ykabban

Flamenco Connection 

***My cejillas are now available through Flamenco Connection!***

I think they goofed some of the pics, but can find them here(scroll to bottom of page):

http://216.122.18.87/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=FC&Category_Code=9C
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 3 2006 0:45:06

bernd

RE: Flamenco Connection (in reply to ykabban

Why do you discuss this here? => Flamenco Connection

Saludos
Bernd

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 3 2006 10:48:55

Doitsujin

looks like an amateur webpage. Doesnt look professional enough for me to be interested in buying anything there. 13years old hackers are able to construct such a page in one hour and get your money but you no article. So.. they sould reconstruct theyr page first. Doesnt look serious.
If they wanna make money, they shoud put only a little bit love in the way they present they goods. This is not exaptable.

Your traditional capos look mas o menos ok. Why dont you sell some to mundo-flamenco of imhofen? Hes very serious. That would be a good idea. But who wanna use such capos today? They are stoneagetechnic.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 3 2006 11:23:00

DoctorX2k2

RE: Flamenco Connection (in reply to Doitsujin

Doesn't look serious but I've bought my Graf-Martinez packages there and they were very very kind and helpful. Even sent a letter of the bill apart from the package which was sent as a gift so I didn't have to pay taxes for getting it accross the border. I agree they need some professionnal web designing help, but they're legit.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 3 2006 15:16:00

[Deleted] (in reply to ykabban

[Deleted by Admins]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 3 2006 15:59:00

Patrick

quote:

Flamenco Connection is a legit business. They've been around for a long long time, in fact I believe they are the first US based flamenco focused etailer.
They have a toll free number which they actually answer and are very helpful.

Their website is not the best, but they put out a wonderful paper catalogue and are very well informed.

I've bought from them in the past and I highly recommend them.

I agree fully. They are a first class company.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 3 2006 16:23:56

nhills

RE: Flamenco Connection (in reply to Guest

Flamenco Connection is probably the most complete and best source in the US for CD's, etc. I have ordered from them frequently and the service is great.

Don't be fooled by flashy web sites. Flamenco Connection may have decided to not waste their money on overpaid web designers.

Norman
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 3 2006 16:26:32

ykabban

Absolutley, they have a monster collection of CD's, DVD's etc.

The gentlemen who requested my cejillas was first class. We spoke on the phone; very nice, but more importantly very knowledgeable. A true aficionado.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 3 2006 16:42:35

Ted G

I have ordered from Flamenco Connection as well. My only concern, and which has been discussed on this or another forum, the website does not appear to be a secure website. I'm no expert, but understand that any site is secure if there is an 's' after the http in the site's address (ie: https:///www.) meaning that it's Secure and it's safe to input your information. On their opening page, they do have a symbol that says 'VeriSign Secure Site,' but I'm not sure if that means anything. Does anyone know for sure? ...Evenso, I still order from them, but I still worry.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 3 2006 16:55:07

[Deleted] (in reply to ykabban

[Deleted by Admins]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 3 2006 19:08:37

Doitsujin

Fine,I´m happy, too.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 3 2006 19:53:41

JasonM

VeriSign is a company that sells SSL certificates. However, I'm still not sure if it is just a glitch or if its actually working. http and https are two different protocals. So, I THINK that if you don't see https, your packets are not encrypted. Unless they are using some other form of encryption.

Flamenco Connection is legit, and I find it hard to believe that no one has ever pointed this out to them. Mabey that is why they put the VeriSign secure logo on the home page.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 11 2006 14:46:36

JBASHORUN

I have raised the website security issue concerning Flamenco Connection before on the forum, but never actually spoke to them regarding it. One easy way to tell if a website (and in particular the credit card payments page of that website) is secure is by looking for a small padlock symbol in the bottom right hand corner of your browser screen. If its not there, then the page isn't secure. As far as I know, FC do NOT offer a secure payment facility, despite advertising that they do. Unless of course there is some hidden magic going on behind the scenes... but judging by the standard of the website presentation, I would say there isn't.

That said, I have made several orders from them, and never had any major problems.

Jb
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 12 2006 18:40:37

Paleto

RE: Flamenco Connection (in reply to Doitsujin

Hi all,

Just to drop my 2 cents in the mix. Flamenco Connection is fantastic. I have bought many things from them and think very highly of the store. They are great. No security concern at all. I have ordered from them for more than 5 years now I think. Never a concern and always excellent service.

The website design is simple, I disagree that it is not professional.

I support them completely.

Keep supporting them.

-Anthony
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 12 2006 21:43:41
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Useful Stuff >>Classifieds >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message