Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Amalio Burguet's Guitars   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Lutherie >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

jotego

Amalio Burguet's Guitars 

There was a discussion a little while ago about Amalio Burguet's guitars. Well, a friend of mine visited the place yesterday and told me that for 1080 euros, it is possible to buy quite a good guitar, the most expensive models are about 3000 euros but it seems to be more aesthetics than sound.

Amalio also said that he exports guitars to Ireland.

Yo no maldigo al hombre que le domina un querer
que a mi me domino uno y no me supe defender
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 20 2003 9:59:37

gerundino63

RE: Amalio Burguet's Guitars (in reply to jotego

Hi Jotego!

Amalio Burguet make some fine models, A year ago, I bought an ABF, the top model, and I must say, the ABF, I liked more than the F1, the model a little cheaper.
The ABF is also built intirety by hand, by himself.
the others, are not build by himself.

After I bought the guitar, I got the seldom chance to buy a Gerundino guitar, so I am selling the ABF now in Holland.

greetings, Peter
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 20 2003 11:30:21

Paco E.

Hello everybody, I can subscribe the meaning of Gerondino63,
The ABF is a wonderfull instrument, very well designed, the best materials, and a very high direct tone. short, high volume or projection, like one of the best loudspeakers, never the less, it´s no Gerondino, who has the ´Cathedral´sound, (like Paco Pena, azahara). It depends on the way YOU like to play.
My God, I wish I had the money for it.

Ed
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 24 2003 0:02:31

Jim Opfer

I've played 2 Burguet guitars and I have to say that they were not very good. No doubt it was the particular model of guitar, as I've heard good reports, but these were signed and had the 'B' on the head. The sound was like plastic and the action on both instruments was redicullously low with lots of buzzing. The finish was that high gloss polyurethene varnish 'con pistola'
Just my experience and please don't be put off.
Cheers
Jim.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 27 2003 17:58:46

Billyboy

RE: Amalio Burguet's Guitars (in reply to Jim Opfer

I tried an F2 Burguet, and it was immediately rewarding, but the shallow body gave it hardly ant depth of tone, once tried a Cedar top Gerundino at LGT and It was sweet, the type of guitar you fall in love with, incidentally when I was down there Eric Clapton had just been in and bought I think it was three Manuel Reyes flamencos.
Dave
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 27 2003 23:51:22

Paco E.

RE: Amalio Burguet's Guitars (in reply to Billyboy

Hai Billyboy,

Suprising, when you are in the shop and Eric Placton is passing by.

Manuel Ryes is, ofcourse top of the bill.
Why should Eric buy three guitars at the same time?
Because he could not decide wat´s the best.

I´am very intersted in that.

And as a P.S. the `taste` of what´s a nice sound is very personal and subjective.

Waiting for your reply.

regard,

Ed
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 29 2003 19:53:29

Billyboy

RE: Amalio Burguet's Guitars (in reply to Paco E.

When I was down there I asked Juan if he had any Gerundinos or Rehes, and he told me the story, he (Clapton) knowing they are the most souight after flamencos, and him having the money, Its understandable he bought the lot, I bet they never get properly played, most good players I have met, play on crap guitars, because to be good, means playing all day, meaning you are either unemployed, or if professionel, earning a meager income, and £8000 for a guitar is out of most peoples budget, the best guitars in the world, sit in bank vaults or hoarded in someone collection, and never get played, or sent to Japan, where they are pulled to pieces, in an effort to copy the structure. Another little story Juan told me, was the Earl of Westminster, I think thats his title, anyway he is the richest bloke in the country, owns most of London, he's wife came in and would only spend £100 for her daughters classical guitar.
Dave
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 30 2003 14:53:37

Thomas Whiteley

RE: Amalio Burguet's Guitars (in reply to Billyboy

Dave;

When my brother William (Bill) was three we would go to the shoe store in San Francisco, owned by the three Ford brothers, who were from London. They would always recite a poem:

“William Whiteley of Westbourne Grove
Fell down stairs and broke his nose…"

A few years ago my brothers wife and children visited the Whiteley department store, just to say they had been there!

I bet they do not sell guitars!

Tom
http://home.comcast.net/~flamencoguitar/flamenco.html
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 30 2003 16:03:35

Escribano

RE: Amalio Burguet's Guitars (in reply to Thomas Whiteley

quote:

A few years ago my brothers wife and children visited the Whiteley department store, just to say they had been there! I bet they do not sell guitars!

Know it well, used to live around the corner. Sadly, William Whiteley was murdered in his store in 1907, the store closed in 1981 and was eventually replaced with Whiteley's shopping mall, the usual chain stores and multiplex cinema . I think you might find a music store in there, but no flamenco models.

Foro Flamenco founder and Admin
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 30 2003 16:23:00

Billyboy

RE: Amalio Burguet's Guitars (in reply to Thomas Whiteley

Thom, youv'e lost me on that one, I dont think we are on the same planet.?
Dave
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 30 2003 16:58:45
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Lutherie >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote