Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

My Cejillas on Ebay   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Useful Stuff >>Classifieds >> Page: [1] 2    >   >>
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

ykabban

My Cejillas on Ebay 

Hey guys I just put one of my cejillas on ebay. This is a new experience for me.
Scary .....let's see what happens! I'm open to suggestions from ebay veterans.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Unique-Cejilla-Handmade-Flamenco-Capo_W0QQitemZ220012767886QQihZ012QQcategoryZ33050QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 1 2006 3:07:22

Ramón

RE: My Cejillas on Ebay (in reply to ykabban

Wow....Cool! Gets rid of the button on top, which does tend to (annoyingly) rub against (well, at least MY) index finger on the left hand, at times, in frst position...

You need a shot (or is that a secret?) from underneath....Trying to understand the pressure on the neck...?

Very nice work :-)

R
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 1 2006 5:02:15

Doitsujin

Sad that you didnt put one of you cejillas with this cool design in ebay. :.( This one is innovative but its just a piece of wood without some nice motives. Dunlop capos have the same function are also just a piece of metal and are easyer to use. I would buy one which looks nicer. You have these nice ones, why didnt you put such a capo in ebay?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 1 2006 9:22:03

ykabban

Hey Ramon,
Thanks. Hey, we want to see the finished guitar man, you're holdin' out on us!

Doit, you're posts make me smile . It's not that serious man, just testin' the waters. Maybe I'll put up one of my "nice ones" as you say; they are very time consuming to make .
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 1 2006 17:35:03

ykabban

Hey guys, the last one sold. Here is another one if anybody's interested....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Unique-Handmade-Cejilla-Flamenco-Capo_W0QQitemZ220015039431QQihZ012QQcategoryZ33050QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 9 2006 17:56:38

Ron.M

I've made a bid Yak!

I like it a lot.

cheers

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 9 2006 19:12:25

ykabban

Hey Ron,
I'm glad you like it. Good luck man, I hope you win!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 9 2006 21:33:08

Francisco

I just received mine in the mail. It's beutiful, Yusef. Professionally packaged too w/ instructions. Much appreciated amigo. It works great.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 10 2006 0:22:18

ykabban

Hey samwise,
I really appreciate that, I'm very glad you like it.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 10 2006 1:12:02

ykabban

For anyone who is interested, I have a couple more cejillas up for auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Unique-Handmade-Cejilla-Flamenco-Capo_W0QQitemZ220016850859QQihZ012QQcategoryZ33050QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I made one with African Blackwood containing sapwood; looks very sweet on a blanca..... the canary yellow picks up the blonde off the spruce/cypress.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Unique-Handmade-Cejilla-Flamenco-Capo-African-Blackwood_W0QQitemZ220016854826QQihZ012QQcategoryZ33050QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 13 2006 1:38:09

Exitao

I am boycotting your eBay sales. Not available to Canada?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 15 2006 5:17:52

ykabban

I'm new to ebay, I just wanted to get a feel for how the system worked. I plan on opening the bidding pool to include Canada and Europe. If you are interested in one, you could always e-mail me.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 15 2006 15:15:46

ykabban

Due to multiple requests, I've expanded the bidding pool to include Canada and Europe. Here is another cejilla made of two tone African Blackwood, I put this one up for 3 days:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Unique-Handmade-Cejilla-Flamenco-Capo-African-Blackwood_W0QQitemZ220018518070QQihZ012QQcategoryZ33050QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 18 2006 16:45:17

Exitao

quote:

I'm new to ebay, I just wanted to get a feel for how the system worked. I plan on opening the bidding pool to include Canada and Europe. If you are interested in one, you could always e-mail me.
Trust me, I will be emailing you.

At present I'm suffereing some employment instability so it may take a little while...
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 21 2006 0:39:19

javazqu

ykabban, thank you for the beautiful Cejilla. It looks wonderful on my Hnos Sanchis Lopez 2F blanca and is the work of a craftsman!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 4 2006 19:24:34

ykabban

Your welcome, I'm glad you like it. I'm very happy with the African Blackwood cejillas. They also look great on french polished blancas. Click on image to expand:

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 5 2006 2:11:59

ykabban

Hey guys, it's been a while, but I have another Cejilla available on eBay. This one is really sweet. Good night and good luck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Unique-Handmade-Cejilla-Flamenco-Capo-Brazilian_W0QQitemZ220030288195QQihZ012QQcategoryZ33050QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 21 2006 4:07:37

ykabban

I have placed one of my special models on eBay for anyone interested. Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Unique-Handmade-Cejilla-Flamenco-Capo-Blackwood-Special_W0QQitemZ220033497792QQihZ012QQcategoryZ33050QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 1 2006 16:14:11

hassurbanipal

hello everyone,

I just wanted to brag that I'm the very first belgian and even european to play with a cejilla from Yussef.
I even received the longest email from this honest man.
But now, the essence of this post. I really like the cejilla and I would recommend you to take a closer look at them. They sound good and are comfortable to use.
Now you're thinking, this sounds like a commercial, well maybe it is but if something is good you just have to tell the world.....:))

greetings from rainy belgium
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 4 2006 6:46:45

Doitsujin

quote:

They sound good

??? They sound good? Could you explain that?

His Cejillas are looking nice, but they doesnt sound. They are models. Real models dont talk, too. no?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 4 2006 8:03:48

hassurbanipal

well
I tried different cejillas and to me there is a differnce in how the guitar reacts on a cejilla. When you use a metal one it sounds different then one made in wood.

But maybe this is a discussion like the one about what sounds best, wooden pegs or normal tuners like we know today.....
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 4 2006 11:30:09

Doitsujin

hmm.. Never thought about that before..but why not thinking a bit.. I dont think that there are any differences in sound, if you use a dunlop capo or a wooden capo. IF....maybe there would be differences, you could only hear them while playing open strings. When you press f.e. your finger in the first fret, there isnt any connection of vibrations to the capo anymore. Only to the second fret-stick. And if you play an open string, the vibration stops at the first fret. No connection to the capo. The guitarreseach didnt come very far no? Why not inventing a new capo which makes a crapguitar sounding fenomenal? I think it already would have be done, if it would be true.

But sometimes, when Im very drunk, me too thinking as many old people that washing the windows with medium warm water and a newspaper without any soap, makes the windows much cleaner than using warm water with hightech-soap. ..... As I had allways to do during my civi-time. tststs They are crazy..But in real, it only makes your arms much more tired but the window not cleaner. And the old person think, he did a better job, coz hes out of power.

But this weekend I will test it. A friend of mine has a wooden capo. If you are right, I will apologize for my words.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 4 2006 16:19:57

ykabban

hassurbanipal,
As long as you are happy with it that's all I care about. You know your guitar better than anyone else; if you say it sounds better, then it sounds better.

And Doit, trust me, real models do talk. I dated one, and she would not shut up.

Un saludo,

Yusef
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 4 2006 17:39:31

Doitsujin

Hey nothing against your capos. I like them.
But I dont think that there are any green-tiny aliens with an antena on the head outside in space. Thats all. Just said that his theory dont work. Thats not bad. Science in general function like that. Only without jokeexamples. Just facts. And here the fact is, that he told ****.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 4 2006 17:58:25

TANúñez

RE: My Cejillas on Ebay (in reply to Doitsujin

This just my 2 euros but I'm about 99% sure cejillas do not have an effect on a guitars sound. If they did, we'd be saving a ton of cash just switching and buying different cejillas rather than guitars! I have Dunlops and wooden cejillas. Some with rubber and others with leather. My guitar sounds the same with all these. The only difference you can encounter with different cejillas is their function and ease of putting on. Some apply more pressure than others, some are bulky, others thin. Some are plain, others more fancy. As far as giving you different sounds? I say no. If they did give you a certain sound, then I would save my money and buy a Conde cejilla instead of a Conde guitar

Tom Núñez
www.instagram.com/tanunezguitars
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 4 2006 21:07:16

ykabban

Funny where posts can end up, huh.
Well, obviously I have never made a claim that my cejillas alter the sound of a guitar. But if hassurbanipal says it sounds better to him, then we can't argue with that.

I think he is just very pleased with the cejilla, and that's all I care about. I make every cejilla as if I were making it for myself, and most of the players that have purchased one have requested more.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 4 2006 23:01:00

hassurbanipal

well, I can see the point made here.
But like I said, have you ever made a discussion with an other guitarist who plays a guitar with wooden pegs for tuning?
I have a conde from 69, and to me also the sound is different. Ofcourse you can not compare guitars and ofcourse every guitar sounds different.
But in those years if you would ask anyone what is a good flamenco guitar; they would answer one with wooden pegs.........or am I wrong here?

It's the same to me for cejilla, to me the difference is there and when you put a cejilla the chances that you will play with open strings are about 90%, no?

But we can probably discuss about this for years.......anyone?
greetings

the belgian connection
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 5 2006 6:12:19

Doitsujin

Today I saw a man crossing the street. At the middle he stopped, looked stupid and went back to my side. Than he watched stupid to nowhere again and crossed the street again. At the other side he did the same one more time. ....

I dont even laughed. Just crossed the street and went to Kaisers where I bought a tin of gulasch for meal coz I dont wanna cook half an hour long. Now Im sitting here writing and eating my gulasch and Im shure he is still crossing the streed with his plastic bag form penny... But I have no problem with that..

eeh.. Im a bit tired wanna take a shower..damn..tomorrow I have to prepare the total RNAisolation with the trizolmethod and the mirVana-kit..But I wanna relax a bit. Bytheway,I dont thinkt hisd iscussio nbring susan ywher eno ?Discussi ngaboutr elligio nbringsdthesa meconclusion...noco nclusio nI willgo oneati ngmygulaschnowandplayingdunlopcapos... Yuo konw waht I maen? Just tiypng smoe siht haer for my pseonarl hrnynoess...hehe
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 5 2006 16:22:06

koella

RE: My Cejillas on Ebay (in reply to Doitsujin

Wow ! You had a supernatural experience Doit.
You saw yourself 35 years later.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 5 2006 19:27:25

JBASHORUN

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a capo acting like a "second nut"? And YES, the nut DOES influence the sound to some extent, which is why most people prefer BONE nuts to plastic ones. Yet some people cannot hear the difference between the two. IMO the metal fret where the capo rests, and the bottom surface of the capo (usually leather on traditional ones) are the important factors. They will determine the success of the capo as a second nut. Obviously it is only applicable whilst playing OPEN strings.

Jb
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 5 2006 21:39:02
Page:   [1] 2    >   >>
All Forums >>Useful Stuff >>Classifieds >> Page: [1] 2    >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote