Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Flamenco rhythms   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Resources >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

paleto3

Flamenco rhythms 

Hi all,

Not long ago, I saw a Facebook post by Cepillo, Gerardo Núñez's preferred percussionist in which he was offering to make rhythm tracks for flamenco guitarists.

I inquired and he made me one for Tres notas (Vicente), another for a collection of jaleos/bulerías falselas I play by Vicente, another for a guajira/corranda that is a fusion of a guajira sung by Argentina, and then baroque lute music by Sylvius Leopold Weiss, the Bach contemporary and lute player also from Germany, which I have arranged in alternating sections and which I will be playing for events soon, then a cantiñas by El Pele and Vicente.

I told him to post on the Facebook site for the Foro figuring you guys would jump at the chance to have someone of that caliber make rhythms for you. He said he had no requests, which surprised me. I would have thought some of you would like to have some made for you.

Does anyone have a comment, question, or possibly didn't see his post?

Here's his Facebook for a quick link if anyone wants to make a request: https://www.facebook.com/cepillopercu

Just send him a message inquiring about "audios de ritmos". If you don't speak Spanish, use Reverso, or Google Translate, they work pretty well.

I have had him make several as outlined above, and he is currently making me another for the fandangos by El Pele and Vicente named - Que bien te suena. They've all been super accurate and using some EQ after, which is typical for any recordings, and they sound really, really good, all the things we want from percussion.

I'm happy to answer any questions you may have and to encourage you to have him make them for you to practice, for study, for performance when you can't have a percussionist, or even for a recording project if you're interested.

Let me know any questions you may have.

Regarding pricing, you'll need to ask him directly because a lot depends on complexity and more. However, I will say I find his pricing to be very reasonable. It's not out of reach for most anyone.

-Anthony
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 18 2021 21:28:04

joevidetto

RE: Flamenco rhythms (in reply to paleto3

Hi Anthony - based on the accompaniments you had made, I would actually love to see you performing with them : ) Maybe you have them on Youtube already ?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 2 2023 16:13:21

Flamenco4U

RE: Flamenco rhythms (in reply to paleto3

quote:

https://www.facebook.com/cepillopercu
Awesome! Thanks for letting us know that he provides this service for us flamenco guitarists. It's always good to help support other musicians--especially by employing their work.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 27 2023 15:39:29

paleto3

RE: Flamenco rhythms (in reply to joevidetto

Just seeing your message now.

Below is a link to a video on my website.

Getting good sound from a video camera is pretty much impossible.

The video was from an event in 2023 and while it doesn't have live sound, I set the video to myself playing along with Cepillo's percussion track of Templo del Lucero (Soleá por Bulería) by Gerardo Núñez. In the video, I'm performing with a cellist I work with sometimes, she's awesome.

I made the recording of myself on guitar in my office with a Mac, an interface and Logic and used MIDI triggered cello. It's expensive to hire other musicians to record everything, so I have bought a couple instrument libraries.

Richard, from here on the Foro did the transcription based on the Encuentro book. But with some edits for me.

Here's the link: http://www.agarciaguitar.com/video
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 28 2024 20:59:27
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Resources >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote