Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

A little help with buying a first flamenco guitar needed   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Kerad

A little help with buying a first fl... 

Hi guys.
I finally decided to buy my first flamenco guitar. I made a lot of research (red a lot posts and watch some videos).
The choice is difficult because of very limited choice in Norway. I know decision is mine but many of you have for sure some advices for the perspective of time and experience.
Btw I play for quite a long time now an old Admira Sevilla - which is quite basic classical model.
Basically i wanted tu buy Camps Cut-500S, but after reading some topics and reconsidering how often I could play higher than 12th fret i decided to drop both cut off and electronics (just wanted for some home recordings, but not needed).
So the model m5s would be the one to go https://www.guitarfromspain.com/en/flamenco-blanca/57-camps-m5s-flamenco-guitar.html
But then I tried in the shop Hermanos Camps Primera (first flamenco guitar i played) and it felt so great and so much easier to play than my Admira. The thing is it coast so much more than m5s (which i haven't tried).

So i have 2 questions:
1. Maybe someone of you had a chance to compare those 2 guitars? Would it be a big difference?

2. There are 2 other models of Alhambra 7FC or 8FC (don't know the difference) and Prudencio Saez 4-FP (G36) in same materials as Hermanos Camps Primera but significantly cheaper:
https://www.guitarfromspain.com/en/flamenco-blanca/95-alhambra-7fc-flamenco-guitar.html
https://www.guitarfromspain.com/en/flamenco-blanca/337-prudencio-saez-4-fp-g36-flamenco-guitar.html

I won't have an opportunity to try them before buying. Do you think / know if the difference in price is only because the brand is less known and maybe more fancy or it would reflect the real difference in quality / playability etc.

I'd appreciate all the advices.
Cheers
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 13 2021 15:35:47

Morante

RE: A little help with buying a firs... (in reply to Kerad

My friend and co-founder of the Peña de Irlanda has a Gerundino. Problems of amplication and wear on the guitar prompted him to buy a Camps cutaway with pickup and he is very pleased. Now it is the only guitar he plays on gigs.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 13 2021 15:49:02

ernandez R

Seems like wherever you get a new guitar make sure they have a liberal return policy.

HR

I prefer my flamenco guitar spicy,
doesn't have to be fast,
should have some meat on the bones,
can be raw or well done,
as long as it doesn't sound like it's turning green on an elevator floor.

www.instagram.com/threeriversguitars
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 13 2021 16:21:57

Schieper

I played the camps-500 (not with cut) and I realy loved THAT PARTICULAR one. So much I almost bought it on teh spot. It is one of the few guitars over the years, I played and remembered. Alhambra are for my feeling alwyas a bit more heavy and dull. But that is completely subjective.

Anyway, You can not go wrong with any of them I think.

The reason for me to consider a version with a cutaway, is that you often play with capo. For some falseta's it is recomended to start with capo as far down as on 6th fret. In these cases, the extra room at the bottom makes sence.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 14 2021 15:38:16

Kerad

RE: A little help with buying a firs... (in reply to Schieper

Thank you guys for all your replies.

I've heard and red a lot of good stuff about Camps guitars as you confirmed.
I also had a chance to play Camps Primera and one basic flamenco model of alhambra 2f or 3f. The difference was so big, that i'll probably go for Primera. On the top of everything I think it might be easier to sell it here in my country.

Ernandez R > here in Europe there's always at least 2 weeks return policy, but Norway isn't EU member which complicates a bit things with taxes. It's possible, but I'd like to avoid it.

Thanks for all help:)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 23 2021 12:45:24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote