Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

AMAZING Bulería Exercise   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Resources >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

flamencoMAPS

AMAZING Bulería Exercise 

Hi Flamenc@s!

Here is an amazing "simple" exercise por bulería. You can develop it in a thousand ways. This idea helped me a lot to develop my compás, to compose ...
Let me know if it helps!

Guille

flamencoMAPS, by Guillermo Guillén
https://flamencomaps.com/
https://guillermoguillen.com/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 19 2021 15:58:48

Fluknu

RE: AMAZING Bulería Exercise (in reply to flamencoMAPS

Holla, I think for advance players, what you explain will not bring much, as they certainly do that intuitively or consciously. For me, after 3 or so years of flamenco, it's an interesting methodic way to experience. Not groundbreaking, but interesting. I'm certainly now gonna try it with different sentences I've learned.

That aside, I think that the lego thing for the beginning is a very good idea. You're idea seems really good and I think you're onto something here. I've learned the basics of flamenco on youtube, and I haven't come across a good pedagogic method. The lego thing could be something, but I think it would require some more developement.

That said, learning flamenco is like learning alchemy (except you try to change lead in pdl, not gold) and that is one thing that I like about it. It's fuzzy, full of different informations, Full of traps, Aha moments, and you just have to try and try...and regularly you die and your laboratory explodes. If it was like totally outlined and a well defined freeway, that would be boring.

Thanks for sharing
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 19 2021 20:49:44

flamencoMAPS

RE: AMAZING Bulería Exercise (in reply to Fluknu

Thanks for your reply!
I loved the image of the lab explosion :-)))

I use LEGOs in many different ways and I'm developping the concept in other YT videos and in my classes. It helps a lot for rhythm, structures, letras...
Many people suddenly understand the "modularity" of flamenco. Most of us are "visuals". We need to see, visualize what's happening.

As you said, no straight path, confusion, contradictions, versions, interpretations. It is not science, it's art. This is the charm of oral traditions and rich musics and art forms.
It can also be very frustrating, time and money consuming...
Short story: I'm trying to explain the way I would have loved to be teached. It's difficult enough when you have reliable informations :-)

Saludo

Guille

flamencoMAPS, by Guillermo Guillén
https://flamencomaps.com/
https://guillermoguillen.com/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 19 2021 21:26:20

Dave Armento

RE: AMAZING Bulería Exercise (in reply to flamencoMAPS

I know it has been a while since you posted this, but THANK YOU for posting it. It is the best explanation of compas timing I have ever seen. Easy to understand and easy to remember. This is a great method of teaching.... thanks again
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 28 2024 12:05:06
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Resources >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post