Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Anti Covid music   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Morante

Anti Covid music 

Nothing to do with flamenco, but an good example of international cooperation with video conferencias, I think. Wonder if flamenco could do the same.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 23 2021 19:06:20

Morante

RE: Anti Covid music (in reply to Morante

I am a little surprised at the lack of interest. Apart from the fact that the music is great, the idea was the creation of something similar in flamenco.

For example, a video compartido by Ricardo, Grisha and John Walsh colgado on Youtube could generate income for the artists and make flamenco (guitar) more popular. All of the members of Foroflamenco could pinchar on the video every day to generate more income. ???
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 24 2021 15:34:34

RobF

quote:

I am a little surprised at the lack of interest.

I haven’t been able to get it to play on my browser.

It’s nothing you’ve done, this is an ongoing problem with YouTube, where certain videos just won’t load. It gives an error message instead, with the suggestion to try again later.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 24 2021 15:49:07

Piwin

What am I supposed to be looking at? For me it opens the Google results page for "Walking blues".

quote:

video compartido

Was it something like this?

"Anything you do can be fixed. What you cannot fix is the perfection of a blank page. What you cannot fix is that pristine, unsullied whiteness of a screen or a page with nothing on it—because there’s nothing there to fix."
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 24 2021 15:54:40

RobF

One thing I’ve thought about quite a bit recently, but of course have done nothing about, is that it may be appropriate for the Foro to set up a Patron account or something similar.

It would be nice if people could donate a token of appreciation say, when Ricardo donates his time towards teaching and selflessly sharing his knowledge, or when you post some video gem of Flamenco history, or when someone benefits from the tips shared in the Lutherie section, and so on. Some of the discussions that occur on here are priceless, some maybe not so much, lol, but there’s no doubt the Foro is a valuable resource to many.

It could be left to Simon’s discretion what to do with the funds, for all I care he could keep every penny to himself, it’s not like he hasn’t earned it. Or it could fund gatherings in Spain once the pandemic has passed, or be charitably passed along to good flamenco related causes. Whatever combination works, as Simon sees fit. The point not being so much about the money or how it is used as much as to allow members and others who benefit from the Foro to show some level of financial recognition.

I’m not very knowledgeable about how the mechanics of such an undertaking would play out, but maybe other members might have some ideas.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 24 2021 16:03:13

Morante

RE: Anti Covid music (in reply to Piwin

quote:

What am I supposed to be looking at? For me it opens the Google results page for "Walking blues".

Think I have fixed it. Sorry!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 24 2021 19:17:33

Fluknu

Hola Morante,
I couldn't see the link up until now. But now that I see it, Really good. Has that old traditional feel in it.

@RobF Yes. Things for free? Jaron Lanier wrote about that. I think it will come. I'm up for it. Jaron's point of view is that the whole database of google translate, wiki and so on is based on OUR contribution, then processed through algorythms, and then given us back as info. I was against a paying internet when it started, but now, I think it's the only way certain independent endeavour can survive. And if people choose to pay X amount for netlfix, with a payback of an empty head, they can surely pay x/10 for a full load of exchange and info.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 24 2021 21:03:39

RobF

RE: Anti Covid music (in reply to Fluknu

quote:

@RobF Yes. Things for free? Jaron Lanier wrote about that.

I’m not suggesting the monetization of the Foro or anything like that. I hope my suggestion didn’t come across that way. A lot of information has flowed through here over the years, and it has been freely given and freely accessible to the world. It’s an interesting observation you’re making about how free content has already been processed and fed back, often for substantial financial gain. I’ve never really thought about that but, yeah, that’s a good point.

I was thinking more along the lines of a tip jar or the like. Just something at the home screen like a link to a vehicle where people can choose to make a contribution, if they are so inclined. I wasn’t thinking of a paid membership or anything at all like that.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 24 2021 21:26:27

Fluknu

Yeah, I thought about it after I wrote that. Not such a good idea.
Although I think that in the long run, if we want privacy and good website/forums we'll have to contribute. Facebook is free, of course, but they strip you off of all your infos, behaviours and so on. We are a product that facebook sells to partners.

But for this forum a tipping jar would be cool. I'm in
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 25 2021 19:27:22

Richard Jernigan

Thanks Morante! That was great...

RNJ
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 26 2021 0:11:25

mrstwinkle

quote:

It could be left to Simon’s discretion what to do with the f

Vicious l/r channel separation kills it for me. Wish the artists well though.

True anti covid music is a bunch of healthy people playing in the same room at the same time, responsibly avoiding non consenting ill people. Everyting else is pro covid agenda.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 26 2021 23:19:03

mrstwinkle

Blues before fascist murdering liars took over.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 26 2021 23:24:36

devilhand

RE: Anti Covid music (in reply to mrstwinkle

Say No to Fuera de Compás!!!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 6 2021 15:04:03
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread