Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Share some bulerias falsetas that both sound great and are relatively easy   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

joevidetto

Share some bulerias falsetas that bo... 

So - thinking about the 'which pieces are relatively easier' question, it occurred to me that if we asked the question differently, it might yield some good information.

I had the idea that we could create different threads for the different forms, and underneath each, share some falsetas that are relatively easy - and to define 'easy' - because it's of course relative, let's just say given a whole piece, which falsetas fall in the easiest 3 to execute.

I know when I learn from a new piece - and I always try to at least put my fingers on all the falsetas - there are some that are just beyond me at a fair tempo, and others where I breathe a sigh of relief as I reach them.

Let's see how far we can get with bulerias falsetas, and if it generates enough fruit and interest, maybe we could start a similar thread on another form.

Hek - now that I'm writing this - how about just uploading your execution of the falseta and a short tutorial about it (maybe that's too ambitious)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 24 2021 13:51:38

Fluknu

RE: Share some bulerias falsetas tha... (in reply to joevidetto

That's a good idea. At my beginners level at least, I would certainly benefit from that. I have nearly no Buleria falsetas that are easy so say, but some are "easier".

What is for you a "fair tempo"? I can do all my falsetas perfectly at snail speed 100...:)

For me I would say 200 is fair.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 24 2021 14:06:27

joevidetto

quote:

I can do all my falsetas perfectly at snail speed 100...

Interesting you should say that - because if you are actually playing at a steady tempo at any speed, and in compas - you really have learned a lot imho. What are some of the falsettas you play ? By all means sharing this would allow others to help you - and maybe even for you to help others learn something new. The idea is not so far from what's already been done with the challenges - but I think the barrier to entry is minimal, so maybe more people would participate.

I think anyone willing to record themselves that can play any bulerias at steady tempo would be great - we should probably require a click track though.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 24 2021 17:34:03

Fluknu

Honnestly, I have no idea what those falsetas are. They've been taught to me by my guitar teacher. I think some parts are from Moraito, other Antonio Higuero. It's probably a mix.

I'm getting ready. I need to download a video program, cause I'm on Linux and I haven't had the need for videos. Otherwise I'll use my zoom for the sound without video. That should work.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 24 2021 18:57:07

mark indigo

RE: Share some bulerias falsetas tha... (in reply to Fluknu

quote:

Honnestly, I have no idea what those falsetas are. They've been taught to me by my guitar teacher. I think some parts are from Moraito, other Antonio Higuero. It's probably a mix.

post em up and we can play spot the moraíto falseta!

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 24 2021 19:21:00

devilhand

RE: Share some bulerias falsetas tha... (in reply to mark indigo

quote:

post em up and we can play spot the moraíto falseta!

How about this one?

Say No to Fuera de Compás!!!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 24 2021 19:35:27

Ricardo

This one is solea...but can be used like bulerias thanks to the synchopation, think of metronome as 12-2-4-6-8-10.

These two are not bad...the picado one is easy if you make it a ligado passage instead.

CD's and transcriptions available here:
www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 24 2021 20:04:53

mt1007

This cat puts out some quality vids, enjoy man:

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 24 2021 20:50:36
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages