Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Anybody played a Jose Gonzalez Lopes blanca?   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

gerundino63

Anybody played a Jose Gonzalez Lopes... 

And, how was the experiance?

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 18 2021 12:35:32

Carlos_ffm

RE: Anybody played a Jose Gonzalez L... (in reply to gerundino63

Yes I actually own one (guitar 204 from 2016).

It is a very good guitar, and even more in relation to the price.

I am not so good at describing sounds, but if I were to describe it I would say it is powerful and explosive. On the weak side, the sound could be richer, not at the moment where you play it (because it is rich) but more in relation to what remains after it.

One way to describe it would be to say it´s like a Montero, with a somewhat less rich sound. But still a great guitar which leaves its impression on the audience.

I should also stress that Jose Gonzalez Lopez is a very nice person. I met him while visiting his workshop in Granada (independently of buying a guitar...which I did later on via a dealer) and he was a very modest person. When I asked the various prices between Montero, Plazuelo and his own, and I asked why his price was so low, he told me he believes this is the right price for the guitar he makes. In my view, he could definitely ask for more, because his guitars can definitely beat many of the flamencos around.

I could show my guitar to a relatively known flamenco guitarist and teacher and he was very positively surprised about the quality of the guitar.

In practice, while I have other guitars to play, the Gonzalez Lopez is the one I generally stick to. I´d like to buy one of his classicals one day - I will probably go for the cedar/siricote.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 18 2021 18:19:23

Cervantes

I have not seen my teacher for a year but I believe this is the same guitar that he bought a few years ago. It reminded me a lot of my own Juan Antonio Correa Marín (Grandson of Antonio Marin Montero) guitar which is not surprising since Jose Gonzalez Lopes also worked with Antonio Marin Montero. I agree with Carlos, the guitar is loud and powerful.
I believe my teacher paid $2700 for it which is a really good deal.

Ah well, there was a fantastic passion there, in my case anyway. I discovered flamenco
very early on. It grips you in a way that you can't get away - Paco Pena
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 22 2021 17:00:48

Carlos_ffm

RE: Anybody played a Jose Gonzalez L... (in reply to Cervantes

Interesting Cervantes!
So reading your post I must assume that Juan Antonio Correa Marin guitars are also very good, right?
I´d be happy to try or hear one.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 24 2021 0:38:48

Cervantes

Carlos,

Yes I really like mine, it is a beautiful looking guitar as well as sounding great and not hard to play.
I bought it from a local dealer after trying a number of other guitars including a Rameriz and Conde.
I can't say I have a lot of experience but I am 63 years old and this will probably be my last guitar.

Ah well, there was a fantastic passion there, in my case anyway. I discovered flamenco
very early on. It grips you in a way that you can't get away - Paco Pena
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 24 2021 1:33:58

Carlos_ffm

RE: Anybody played a Jose Gonzalez L... (in reply to Cervantes

quote:

Carlos,

Yes I really like mine, it is a beautiful looking guitar as well as sounding great and not hard to play.
I bought it from a local dealer after trying a number of other guitars including a Rameriz and Conde.
I can't say I have a lot of experience but I am 63 years old and this will probably be my last guitar.

Thank you Cervantes for the feedback. Well that sounds like a nice guitar to spend the rest of one´s life with! And I am glad that Marin Montero´s succession is already there, passing this talent down the line is not to be taken for granted. I hope one day I will cross a guitar of Juan Antonio Correra Marin.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 24 2021 16:19:32
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post