Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Conde Negra A25/R   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Useful Stuff >>Classifieds >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Gecko

Conde Negra A25/R 

Here is a Conde Negra that you folks in the UK and others close by may want to keep your eye on.

Conde
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 8 2006 10:13:24

Doitsujin

RE: Conde Negra A25/R (in reply to Gecko

Wow.. far under the shop-price. I let me build an individual blanca here in germany this year.. so I have no need at the moment. But it looks like a good deal at the moment.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 8 2006 13:42:54

[Deleted] (in reply to Gecko

[Deleted by Admins]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 8 2006 13:54:07

Francisco

That's interesting, Nealf. There's already a bidder, but the ID is kept private. I wonder if there is a way that you could find out if it is the guitar you played before.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 8 2006 21:48:27

Jim Opfer

RE: Conde Negra A25/R (in reply to Guest

Nealf,

You'll have to open up on this one and provide more info.
It's not my bid but I've been in contact with the owner asking questions about it and no cheep of it having problems.

Jim
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 8 2006 22:21:05

[Deleted by Admins]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 9 2006 22:23:27

Francisco

Good point.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 10 2006 0:14:46

[Deleted by Admins]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 10 2006 3:30:30

Gecko

In a way I'm sorry I posted the link now. However, had I not done so nealf's intervention wouldn't have saved someone from an expensive headache that could have otherwise occurred.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 10 2006 10:46:29

Francisco

No need to be sorry, on the contrary, I think the potential buyer should be thanking you and nealf.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 10 2006 10:55:31

[Deleted by Admins]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 10 2006 20:41:43

Gecko

Yeah, that's a typical e-bay type scam!! Last damn time I'll ever post a link to a guitar being sold. Just glad no one got "bit" on this deal.

Think I'll e-mail e-bay and complain. Not that it will do much good.

Thanks nealf.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 10 2006 23:00:07

Francisco

quote:

He declined to provide and said he only works through email as the phone is where his baby sleeps.

LOL, this guy needs to "step into the new millenium". I don't know anyone that doesn't use a cordless phone these days. What a cop-out.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 11 2006 1:38:28

steve123

Hi friends, just saw this post, and guess what? I was the person that was supposed to purchase this guitar from the seller. Wow I was really close to losing alot of money my friend. $2100 dollars I was going to send this man in a money order. But something told me to check up on this before I sent the money. I contacted ebay via Live Help, and they informed me not to even think about it. The man even sent me a email containing ebay policies and security that was a self made page. So I emailed him back and told him that I was not interested any more, and what do you know he got defensive and told me he would take whatever for this guitar and just then I knew he was a con. This really sucks and hope that nobody falls into one of these traps. There are good people on this forum and thanks to Nealf, somebody else saved some money. Stay safe and beware of ebay. Salud, Steve
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 21 2006 17:16:53

Ramón

Hola to all,

VERY interesting posting! This, sadly, is another Nigerian Scam. And no offense, but MANY of these 'deals' on eBay; computers especially (and another COPY of someone else's ad for the same guitar that had been on eBay a week or so previously) originate in the UK, but are Nigerian operators.

Clues?

Zero Feedback

They get VERY insistent about making a deal, the writing (spelling, grammar, syntax) are odd (no offense to legitimate people here from other countries!! I speak 3 other languages, but when I write in them, it's not always correct - but my eBay feedback is 4 year's member and 100%).

Many want the money sent Western Union, telling you that they cannot touch the funds until YOU release them, upon arrival of your purchase....

WRONG. Western Union (or like) will tell you that once the money leaves your hand, it's theirs, with no protection...

The other scam we get here is YOU selling something, and 'they' want to send an M/O for 2 or 3 times the amount (they cannot cash the M/O), paying your full price with "a tip". You cash the M/O, send the item AND your own [real] M/O to them for $2-$3000, only finding out too late the M/O they sent YOU was a forgery... People in the US have sent their cars AND a few thousand to these people. (I have 3 guitars for sale here, and have been sent eMails for the purchase of ALL three, several times, M/O for more than the amount, etc.... It's rampant!)

I read a Government Release that the Gross Income from scams in Nigeria is larger than the total revenue from their oil sales!!!!!!! Look at the revenue below from just ONE man..

http://www.securityfocus.com/news/9753

The computer I was interested in was UK. I called a Fraud Detective I know in London, and he told me that the address was "already under watch" by a bunko squad. They added that to the list of charges. And yes, they were Nigerian.

http://scamorama.com

is full of stories, scams, details, etc. Worth bookmarking in case you are ever unsure of something... They are knowns as 'The Lads From Lagos'.

ALSO: If you have eMails with originating I.P."
http://www.met.police.uk/fraudalert/

Sorry if this was long, but if it saves someone ONE dollar, it was worth it.

Ramón
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 22 2006 14:54:40

flyeogh

RE: Conde Negra A25/R (in reply to Ramón

Ramon you can never have too many warnings. Especially as EBay do absolutely nothing to protect anyone. I reported a Conde guy two years ago and EBay did nothing. He was Spanish and had an EBay shop selling figurines as his cover. I even got his address and said I would visit with the heavies. Do you know he called me "Hijo de una puta". Guess he liked me

I gave all the info to EBay and -- nada

nigel (el raton de Watford - now Puerto de Santa Maria, Cadiz)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 22 2006 16:13:22

JBASHORUN

RE: Conde Negra A25/R (in reply to flyeogh

quote:

I reported a Conde guy two years ago and EBay did nothing. He was Spanish and had an EBay shop selling figurines as his cover.

I think I've seen that guy too. He occasionally sells Camaron T-shirts, if I remember rightly.

Every time I sell a guitar on ebay, acoustic or electric, I get emails from people from people from Russia and Africa with no feedback trying to scam me as mentioned above. These days I've made it clear on all my auctions that I don't accept bids from Eastern Europe and Africa, and that anything amiss will be reported to both Ebay AND the POLICE. If the "ebay" bit doesn't deter them, perhaps the "police" bit will. It sounds harsh, but you really do have to be careful these days.

Jb
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 23 2006 17:01:33

henrym3483

RE: Conde Negra A25/R (in reply to JBASHORUN

flyeogh,

did you ever visit with the heavies?
i wouldnt mind hopping on a plane via ryan air to espana to crack a few noggins if the guy diddled me.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 23 2006 17:42:14

Ramón

I actually had a first-hand experience, in Amsterdam, with the Nigerians. I truly feel that if I hadn't used my street-smarts, I would have been killed, as that was what they were doing with this scam-stuff, early on, before it became well known... Much of it is very slick, and to these people, they think little of killing....

I'll write and post the account, if anyone has any interest....

R
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 23 2006 23:20:21

gerundino63

RE: Conde Negra A25/R (in reply to Ramón

They just arrested a very big gang last month here in Amsterdam.
All busy on the internet, all froud cases, like "my uncle Mobuto have 20 million dollar, can I park it on your acount"?

I allways thought that the guitarworld was rather save, but this proves it is not.

BTW> Street smart is very handy in Amsterdam, hahah

Peter.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 23 2006 23:42:45
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Useful Stuff >>Classifieds >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll