Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: Building two under influence of a 1973 Sobrinos de Esteso   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Lutherie >> Page: <<   <   1 2 [3] 4 5    >   >>
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

estebanana

RE: Building two under influence of ... (in reply to JasonM

I’m building the 630 scale for a guy who’s wife died of ALS, like Anders‘ wife. Both terrible tragedies that none of them deserved. The guy is a composer and he’s mid 60’s his hands are not in good shape, but he wants to keep composing and he uses the guitar a lot in his process. He has a good sense of humor about and keeps calling his guitar the OMG project because he knows I don’t really like smaller scales. ( Old Man Guitar)

He asked it to be made with Hinoki to remind him of his wife’s home country if he ever has to leave Japan.

Another guy approached about a 630 scale over the summer and I rejected the commission.
He gave me a similar story about being mid 60’s in age and that his hands were in pain. Ok I have empathy for that I said we can begin designing something. Then in the next email he says “ ok but for that amount of money I want to be able to send it back if I don’t like it.” So I said Ok you can have a trial period, but it’s a disadvantage for me to make a guitar with a 630 scale with no guarantee of getting my fee. He developed an attitude and started getting into it with the you are my servant, you shall design and obey. I said F/off Mother trucker.

He said I’m a designer and I know lots of famous guitar makers on the east coast, I’ll ruin your reputation! You’ll be sorry !

I write back and say: “There’s no one on the planet better at ruining my reputation than me.”

https://www.stephenfaulkguitars.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 18 2020 2:56:27

ernandez R

RE: Building two under influence of ... (in reply to estebanana

Thanx for sharing.

Lot of unsupported lumber back there. Would be interesting to know how it was Thicknesed?

Guessing you will know when you are done ;)

Rosset will look good no doubt. Cat looks great. Put our old ause shepherd down and havnt dared replace him, my copilot would like a cat but I'm thinking somthing to chaise moose out of the yard.

Put the crutches up for good, walking with sticks, which is more painful, which keeps me out of the shop: ARRGGE! I would be more productive if I had lost a hand for six monthes.

HR

quote:

ORIGINAL: estebanana

For whomever wanted to see where the bridge goes in relation to braces

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

I prefer my flamenco guitar spicy,
doesn't have to be fast,
should have some meat on the bones,
can be raw or well done,
as long as it doesn't sound like it's turning green on an elevator floor.

www.instagram.com/threeriversguitars
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 18 2020 6:01:57

Richard Jernigan

quote:

quote:

The 670mm has a baby fret and therefore an enormous space between bridge and hole, and the 650mm guitar has an enormous 19th fret on which I could play the note on the G string whose name I dont’ even KNOW!!

Ricardo

I think that note is a D

7th fret 3rd string = d'' (written) 12+7 = 19 =d'' (sounds)

RNJ
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 18 2020 21:21:10

Richard Jernigan

RE: Building two under influence of ... (in reply to ernandez R

quote:

ORIGINAL: ernandez R

Cat looks great. Put our old ause shepherd down and havnt dared replace him, my copilot would like a cat but I'm thinking somthing to chaise moose out of the yard.

HR

Sorry to hear about your dog.

It is fairly well known that the duly elected Mayor of Talkeetna was a cat for several years. Fairly recently that cat died. When I was there last winter the guy who owns the rental log cabins across the road from you said he ran his dog for mayor, but another cat won.

I met the new Mayor. I was out walking. He followed me to the general store, and waited for me out on the porch. Since he was a politician, I figured he would ask for a handout when I came back out. The storekeeper suggested Vienna sausage. His Honor seemed satisfied, and went off to collect taxes from other constituents.

I don't know about moose, but my 18-pound black tomcat kept the cows out of our yard when we lived in the country, including a fairly imposing looking Hereford bull. Black Bart would ruffle up his fur, stick his tail straight up, and stride straight at the bull, hissing, spitting and snarling. The bull would turn tail and trot back out into the pasture where he belonged.

Bart and his harem suppressed the rattlesnake population too.

RNJ
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 18 2020 21:38:57

ernandez R

RE: Building two under influence of ... (in reply to Richard Jernigan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Jernigan

quote:

ORIGINAL: ernandez R

Cat looks great. Put our old ause shepherd down and havnt dared replace him, my copilot would like a cat but I'm thinking somthing to chaise moose out of the yard.

HR

Sorry to hear about your dog.

It is fairly well known that the duly elected Mayor of Talkeetna was a cat for several years. Fairly recently that cat died. When I was there last winter the guy who owns the rental log cabins across the road from you said he ran his dog for mayor, but another cat won.

I met the new Mayor. I was out walking. He followed me to the general store, and waited for me out on the porch. Since he was a politician, I figured he would ask for a handout when I came back out. The storekeeper suggested Vienna sausage. His Honor seemed satisfied, and went off to collect taxes from other constituents.

I don't know about moose, but my 18-pound black tomcat kept the cows out of our yard when we lived in the country, including a fairly imposing looking Hereford bull. Black Bart would ruffle up his fur, stick his tail straight up, and stride straight at the bull, hissing, spitting and snarling. The bull would turn tail and trot back out into the pasture where he belonged.

Bart and his harem suppressed the rattlesnake population too.

RNJ

So Richard, I was the one in Talkeetna campaigning for our Ausi Shepard, Zip The Wonder Dog , for mayor. There was just too much pussy in our local politics and it was time for a little more bark, if not bite, in our little comunity of the 800 souls of our drinking town with a climbing problem. Funny to think in this small small world of ours we had most likly met. I thnk I had mentioned before that I was stringing up my first guitar build abut the time you were in our little end of the road Alasken village... Only snakes in Alaska I know about are the two legged kind: oil company execs looking for yet another tax break comes to mind...

HR

Oh my, Justce Ruth Gunsberg passes... Tears...

doesn't have to be fast,
can be raw or well done,

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 19 2020 2:29:54

estebanana

Hero

Attachment (1)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 19 2020 4:32:40

BarkellWH

quote:

Hero

For sure. Ironically (though not when you consider people with expansive minds) Ruth Bader Ginsberg and the Supreme Court's most conservative Justice, Antonin Scalia, were best of friends and occasionally appeared together for friendly debates on university campuses. Would that we had more such individuals in public life today.

I can remember when Ronald Reagan and Tip O'Neill would share a glass of Irish whiskey and discuss a compromise without flinging the empty glasses in each other's face. Unfortunately, that would not be possible in today's hyper-partisan, take-no-prisoners atmosphere.

Bill

And the end of the fight is a tombstone white,
With the name of the late deceased,
And the epitaph drear, "A fool lies here,
Who tried to hustle the East."

--Rudyard Kipling
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 19 2020 13:44:16

estebanana

Hey Bill, right you are-

A couple photos of one of the rosettes I just made for these guitars.

I cut a circle sandpaper to give the cameras auto setting something grey to look at, makes getting the color saturation easier with a cheap camera.

Attachment (2)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 19 2020 15:25:59

estebanana

A snippet from the second rosette-
Different rosette families- I have the box -diamond line and this arrow made of cherry wood

This one is different also because it’s a bound sound hole. The inner black circle defines the opening of the sound hole

Attachment (1)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 25 2020 0:46:09

estebanana

Pics of process-

One of the tops has a rosette with a bound soundhole. Here’s how I did it.
I guess this last year I’ve been looking at a lot of 7 string Russian guitars and Vienna school guitars which often have very simple rosettes that take the border edge of the rosette and make define the edge of the soundhole. The wood border of the soundhole is wrapped in a veneer making the edge of the sound hole dark instead of the same color wood as the top.

I routed a small channel right up to the final diameter of the hole, then laid in black veneer strips. I don’t ordinarily do this, but I doused the black veneer ring with super glue. That makes it like solid binding, thick and wide. Then I cut two more channels one to define an outside black border and one perfectly centered between the black borders. Then laid in the outer border of black veneer and cemented it together with super glue. With the inner and outer borders established, in dropped in a center element. This one is made with cherry and poplar veneer. But I cut the Sakura (cherry myself 5 years ago)

After the center arrow element was glued in and dry, I carefully leveled the rings and hogged out the wood between the rings. Then dropped in the fields between the borders and center piece.

Attachment (2)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 25 2020 11:08:20

estebanana

Pic of process

Attachment (3)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 25 2020 11:10:50

JasonM

Master banana, When I tried your method of implanting the lines, the strips on the inner portions of the channel got compressed more because of the tighter radius. I pre bent the strips on the iron and it worked better but took a while.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 26 2020 1:53:24

estebanana

Please explain in detail and I’m sure we could figure it out. I’m curious why the veneer lines became compressed.

Banana Sensei

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 26 2020 2:02:42

JasonM

Well here was an example that looked like Fido’s butt. you can see how the white lines are not even, even though the veneer orders where the same. Disregard the jagged-ness That’s an artifact from downsizing the picture quality for the foro.

I had watched your great YouTube video series on sticker making. I bundled up all my lines and fit them in the channel like you do, but the inner most ring was especially tricky with the tighter radius. Maybe I made things too tight of a fit and that was the problem, plus just lack of experience. I remember getting inpatient fiddling with dry runs, said f it, and just broke out the glue hoping for the best. Then of course, later just routing it all out when reality set in. But, I basically placed the veneers in the channel little by little, paying attention to keep them in order and even.

Starting over and using the bending with the iron to pre bend.

Attachment (2)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 27 2020 2:59:51

estebanana

Ok I see your post- long day in the shop, exhausted, I’ll reply mid day tomorrow, which in your reality is tomorrow’s tomorrow.

This is my RH bracing room. I brace tops and backs at about 40% RH, I keep the rest of the shop as close to 50 to 60 as possible, but the brace work and assembly needs a bit lower RH.
The room is great because it’s a dedicated space and for top and back joining work I don’t have to pick up work in my other two benches to get at it. I just do all the glue drying work in RH room.
The go-bar platform box is secured to the wall at a nice height for me to work comfortably and it has a motion controlled strip light that I can wave off and on so glue fingers don’t have to press buttons or flick switches.
It doesn’t look glamorous, but it’s functional as hell.

Attachment (1)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 27 2020 14:51:13

estebanana

Bar deck

Attachment (1)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 27 2020 15:05:40

JasonM

quote:

Ok I see your post- long day in the shop, exhausted, I’ll reply mid day tomorrow, which in your reality is tomorrow’s tomorrow.

Oh no worries, man. I wasn’t expecting you to have an explanation style answer anyway. Thought maybe you would know of the top of your head.

Anyhow, I like your bracing chamber. Could use a cactus or something to certify that it’s a dry climate.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 27 2020 23:01:12

estebanana

About the compressed lines-

A few things, the channel on the inside or outside could be a fraction of a mm narrower just because of slop in the compass cutter system you rigged up. Mine gets sloppy over time because the hole for the registration pin ( in my case a drill bit) gets bigger from being spun so many times. After five years I noticed it was allowing the router to spin off center by a fraction of a mm. so I relocated the registration hole in the router base and drilled it again so the fit was tight again. It can make a difference.

A trick to when inlaying veneer lines is to lay them flat on a hard surface and 'squeegee' motion over them with a hard tool surface. I use a rounded over scraper blade, you want hold the end of the veneer strip with your finger, and run the scraper or other hard smooth tool over them to compress them down. Flip it over and compress it down again with fairly hard pressure. It will compress a .020 thick veneer line down to .018 or less, and if you do that to all the strips on the inside and outside channels you'll gain enough space to have an easier fitting bundle of lines. Then when you wash in with thin hide glue the veneer lines with puff up and expand o take up the slack space in the channel. I also put white glue in the bottom of the channel once I'm pretty certain the veneer line bundle is going to go in without distorting.

My way is I think quite primitive compared to the sophisticated ways it can be done, but I like more simple line rosettes and they can be made more complex via this method. In the pipeline now, after this duo is finished is a Brazilian /Spruce classical that's going be a bit more fancy. I'm going to make a more complete rosette with inner and outer arrow lines and a center tile ring. More in line with a classic rosette mixed between a Hauser and Santos design. I've been interested in the kind of flecha / braid patterns Hauser often uses on the outer a inner rings.

Sorry about that video, it really needs to be updated and reedited. It's been 8 years and I think it needs to be revamped.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 28 2020 2:01:19

ernandez R

Jason, seems having a second to of it helps a lot. I like l do a scrap layup myself for many of these details that require a fair amount of keen as one goes. Regardless you seem to have made worthy progress. Sounds like you are not ready tominbark on your next luthery journy but could make a practice top rosette if only to make a table worth of adult beverage coasters or the like ;)

Seems I've watched Stephans rosette video once or twice in the past. Have you a link handy?

HR

quote:

ORIGINAL: JasonM

Well here was an example that looked like Fido’s butt. you can see how the white lines are not even, even though the veneer orders where the same. Disregard the jagged-ness That’s an artifact from downsizing the picture quality for the foro.

I had watched your great YouTube video series on sticker making. I bundled up all my lines and fit them in the channel like you do, but the inner most ring was especially tricky with the tighter radius. Maybe I made things too tight of a fit and that was the problem, plus just lack of experience. I remember getting inpatient fiddling with dry runs, said f it, and just broke out the glue hoping for the best. Then of course, later just routing it all out when reality set in. But, I basically placed the veneers in the channel little by little, paying attention to keep them in order and even.

Starting over and using the bending with the iron to pre bend.

doesn't have to be fast,
can be raw or well done,

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 28 2020 5:05:46

ernandez R

Stephen,

I like to case harden the top before drilling my rosette index hole with whatever is handy, alphatic or ca, drill the hole, and if I feel the need I'll coat the hole a second time.

I must confess I used a router twice but never come to terms with the processe. I've just used my home made circle slicer and chiseled out the groove. I like the processes and how it tells me much about the grain. I do understand how the router allows your processe to move along gluing, then routing again and the precision it affords.

I'm still just inserting rings of vaneer or colored paper and have yet to tackle tiles and all they intail.

I'll be trying your compression idea next goaround.

HR

quote:

About the compressed lines-

A few things, the channel on the inside or outside could be a fraction of a mm narrower just because of slop in the compass cutter system you rigged up. Mine gets sloppy over time because the hole for the registration pin ( in my case a drill bit) gets bigger from being spun so many times. After five years I noticed it was allowing the router to spin off center by a fraction of a mm. so I relocated the registration hole in the router base and drilled it again so the fit was tight again. It can make a difference.

A trick to when inlaying veneer lines is to lay them flat on a hard surface and 'squeegee' motion over them with a hard tool surface. I use a rounded over scraper blade, you want hold the end of the veneer strip with your finger, and run the scraper or other hard smooth tool over them to compress them down. Flip it over and compress it down again with fairly hard pressure. It will compress a .020 thick veneer line down to .018 or less, and if you do that to all the strips on the inside and outside channels you'll gain enough space to have an easier fitting bundle of lines. Then when you wash in with thin hide glue the veneer lines with puff up and expand o take up the slack space in the channel. I also put white glue in the bottom of the channel once I'm pretty certain the veneer line bundle is going to go in without distorting.

My way is I think quite primitive compared to the sophisticated ways it can be done, but I like more simple line rosettes and they can be made more complex via this method. In the pipeline now, after this duo is finished is a Brazilian /Spruce classical that's going be a bit more fancy. I'm going to make a more complete rosette with inner and outer arrow lines and a center tile ring. More in line with a classic rosette mixed between a Hauser and Santos design. I've been interested in the kind of flecha / braid patterns Hauser often uses on the outer a inner rings.

Sorry about that video, it really needs to be updated and reedited. It's been 8 years and I think it needs to be revamped.

doesn't have to be fast,
can be raw or well done,

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 28 2020 5:14:16

estebanana

quote:

Stephen,

I like to case harden the top before drilling my rosette index hole with whatever is handy, alphatic or ca, drill the hole, and if I feel the need I'll coat the hole a second time.

I must confess I used a router twice but never come to terms with the processe. I've just used my home made circle slicer and chiseled out the groove. I like the processes and how it tells me much about the grain. I do understand how the router allows your processe to move along gluing, then routing again and the precision it affords.

I'm still just inserting rings of vaneer or colored paper and have yet to tackle tiles and all they intail.

HR

Now you see here young man, this thread isn't going anywhere until you spell check this post.
We didn't raise you to run with guitar making scum and spell poorly.
\\Go to your room! Posthaste.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 28 2020 14:16:20

JasonM

quote:

A trick to when inlaying veneer lines is to lay them flat on a hard surface and 'squeegee' motion over them with a hard tool surface. I use a rounded over scraper blade, you want hold the end of the veneer strip with your finger, and run the scraper or other hard smooth tool over them to compress them down. Flip it over and compress it down again with fairly hard pressure. It will compress a .020 thick veneer line down to .018 or less, and if you do that to all the strips on the inside and outside channels you'll gain enough space to have an easier fitting bundle of lines. Then when you wash in with thin hide glue the veneer lines with puff up and expand o take up the slack space in the channel. I also put white glue in the bottom of the channel once I'm pretty certain the veneer line bundle is going to go in without distortin

This is a great trick! Easier than trying to sand or scrape the veneers. plus the added benefit of re-inflating the fibers is nice!.

I thought your videos were fine! And I really liked the colors used with the simple line motif. I think my next one will be similar. A copy of a Torres rosette without mosaic. Give me some more practice.

For the pin hole and router pivot, I drilled a new hole into the workboard and made sure to tape down the soundboard like I tape up my hostages!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 28 2020 18:08:51

estebanana

Attachment (1)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 29 2020 0:11:53

RobF

quote:

This is a great trick!

Agreed. Something cool to add to the bag, for sure.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 29 2020 3:46:21

ernandez R

Sorry, I can be like that... I joked on another thread that I was kicked out of the Delcamp because of my pour spelling. The spell check on the foro editor is not considerate of my shortcomings. Typically I type in the notepad editor if it is longer then a sentence or two, mostly a habit born of many lost posts but also a way for me to self edit for clarity. Also I'm lazy in the late PM, a few glasses of wine, etc and I neglect to reread what I have typed.

Forgive me father and I shall endevor to spell more well, drink more wine, and super glue my fingers to the rosette less often.

Read once on a model aircraft forum about a man who kept a small bottle of super glue in his over the sink medicine cabenet. The small bottles of ca look and feel surprisingly like a bottle of visene which we in the states use for tired erratated burning eyes...

Peace, (had to ask the Boss how to spell and which hominym) (( she didn't know what hominym ment))

HR

quote:

quote:

Stephen,

HR

Now you see here young man, this thread isn't going anywhere until you spell check this post.
We didn't raise you to run with guitar making scum and spell poorly.
\\Go to your room! Posthaste.

doesn't have to be fast,
can be raw or well done,

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 30 2020 5:47:02

estebanana

One guitar is a negra, and I picked Ziricote. The customer told me what color he wants and I just said hey I got this Ziricote you likey? It’s good. It’s not fancy Ziri, and the back is slightly mismatched, but it’s so dark and even it hardly matters.
Funny stuff, the ribs are ordered next to each other in the flitch, which I had resawn by my local Yamashita-san. Even though they lay right next to one another in the flitch, they are quite different in figure. He’s got a yard where he can cut a 8 ft diameter tree in two long halves. Great guy. I’ll go see him soon to sand some ebony fingerboard stock and take a photo of his giant band saws.

The back is a bit thick and heavy @ 2.5 mm I’m going to put on some heavy gloves and scrape it down. The middle panel in the back is a hardwood from Kyushu, I forget the name, but I have enough to make a vihuela or three. It’s a freebee cast off from Yamashita. I splashed some shellac on the Ziri and the back to see the contrast. I might use the Kyushu wood for binding.
This guitar is going to a player in Sri Lanka-

Attachment (2)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 30 2020 12:41:31

estebanana

BONUS GUITAR !!!!!!

This is ‘Lumpy’ a guitar I made out of the left overs of the tansu I tore down to make a really expensive Kaki wood guitar. Kaki is Persimmon. The tansu was made out of a very rare old persimmon board that had a white and black pattern. Persimmon is common in Japan, but certain boards with big swaths of light colored grain against dark wood are highly coveted. Historically used to make objects for elite families during the Edo jidai and Shogun periods- so when I built a guitar out of it, it was considered breath taking. Ironically it was finally purchased by an American in California, but a few collectors here looked at it. I think the price was too low for them.
An American dealer told me persimmon was common and used for golf clubs and that my guitar wasn’t special. Well golf clubs are made with persimmon, but a Japanese person wouldn’t have picked that persimmon to use for clubs because it would have chopped up the long striating white in the wood that’s coveted. So I made better use of it.
I listed the guitar on my website for a reasonable price and it had several hits, but when I raised the price higher it sold fast. Very interesting market. I still make regular guitars for regular musicians because I’m not interested in the collection world or the high stakes game of courting classical players in the ‘Guitar maker get famous business’ - you can do fine building what you believe in and keep it within range of normal players’ budgets, but every once in a while it’s nice to make an expensive one.

Lumpy is not an expensive one. Lumpy is made of the left over Kaki for the back, and straight old Japanese Fir of some kind for the ribs. It’s made of leftovers. I started it two years ago or more and just let it hang on the wall in the queue. It been there so long the inside of the top and the braces have oxidized due to ambient UV light. I’m going to brace up the back and fit it on and see if I feel like finishing Lumpy.

The Lumpster is a capricious thing, I’ll tell about it more. Basically an axe to keep for myself in the shop.

Attachment (2)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 30 2020 13:09:53

estebanana

Lumpy’s back

Attachment (1)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 30 2020 13:14:19

estebanana

quote:

I joked on another thread that I was kicked out of the Delcamp because of my pour spelling. The spell check on the foro editor is not considerate of my shortcomings. Typically I type in the notepad editor if it is longer then a sentence or two, mostly a habit born of many lost posts but also a way for me to self edit for clarity. Also I'm lazy in the late PM, a few glasses of wine, etc and I neglect to reread what I have typed.

You didn't really get kicked off, right?

I'm teasing you, but once in awhile I have to think carefully about which word you actually meant.
But you should edit a bit more, I write fast and trashy sometimes too.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 1 2020 3:44:47

ernandez R

Just joking about being tossed from the Delcamp, I'll make an effort to do better.

So, I see El lumpy has some thick side braces AKA Popsicle sticks? Also noted solid linings? I was thrown off at first, where was that interesting bracing pattern, of course I look at pictures first before reading.

Still not in the shop with my damn foot, walking without sticks now but the full weight causes more pain. So, I'm building vicariously here and there. Month six... Sold another guitar so I've dedicated some monies to taking skype lessons. Man is that weird, selling a guitar, all the while questioning oneself: is it really good enough, will they still love it a year from now, what if it fails and comes back under warranty?

HR

ps. guitar mentioned above is the one in my profile photo.

doesn't have to be fast,
can be raw or well done,

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 1 2020 4:39:35
Page:   <<   <   1 2 [3] 4 5    >   >>
All Forums >>Discussions >>Lutherie >> Page: <<   <   1 2 [3] 4 5    >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote