Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: My Faustino Conde story   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Lutherie >> Page: <<   <   1 2 [3]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Echi

RE: My Faustino Conde story (in reply to Richard Jernigan

Conde Atocha is not bad at all: I’d say they sell much better guitars nowadays than years ago, when they used to sell the same kind of guitars of the shop in Calle Gravina7.

Following up what said by Mark, there is also a premium series called Felipe V which once used to be made by the shop Conde Hernanos of Calle Felipe V.
The series F26 is the equivalent of the A26 model according to the nomenclature of Felipe Conde.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 29 2020 0:03:01

Jonnycake

RE: My Faustino Conde story (in reply to Echi

Hello all..
Just want to say how much I appreciate the replies to my posts.
One can really learn a lot from the many members here and even though I get flamed a bit it's all a great learning experience.

I'm posting two label pictures here;
The controversial '2000 Conde and that amazing '94 Arcangel.

Again the story told to me regarding the Conde..
@Casa de la guitarra,Jose Luis Postigo proprietor where 3 new Condes had but recently arrived due to this shop being a new distributor,my teacher after some badgering from Jose tried these 3 out and bought this one.People much more knowledgeable than me can probably form their opinions about this shop and its quality of wares.Suffice to say my teacher has enjoyed a friendship dating back to the 70's with Mr Postigo and recommends highly this place to buy a guitar in Seville.
To my ears this guitar was everything a Conde is known to be and more.

It's just that after playing the amazing Arcangel I felt if I had to give up my '83 Conde for another it had to be this one..such a beautiful and singular sounding masterpiece by a renowned constructor ...I doubt I would ever get the chance again to buy one.

Anyway that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (2)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 29 2020 18:47:43

gerundino63

The Arcangel Fernandez is a guitar I always was curious about. Never played one!
You are a lucky guy! Congratulated

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 29 2020 19:07:28

Echi

Ok now.
The first one is a Conde Hermanos Calle Felipe V made in 2000 and it's not controversial at all.
At that time there used to be 3 Conde Hermanos shops (the other 2 being in Calle Gravina 7 and in Madrid-Atocha). The guitars from Calle Felipe V are considered the best quality Conde available at the time.
Felipe Conde is one of the 2 fellows who used to run the Conde shop sited in Calle Felipe V in 2000 and in 2011 opened his own shop.

The Arcangel looks lovely and I see no need to add anything as here in the foro we spoke quite a lot because of the Arcangel owned by a member.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 29 2020 20:48:57

RobF

RE: My Faustino Conde story (in reply to Jonnycake

If funds aren’t an issue and you like their playability and sound, then you can’t really go wrong with any of your options. I’d want all of them, lol, I’d have a heck of a time trying to make up my mind. But, at the end of the day, it seems pretty obvious that you are leaning towards the Arcángel, so I think your choice is clear.

You can always find another Conde, not necessarily so easy to find an Arcángel. And if you decide it’s too much of a burden to own, it wouldn’t be too hard to sell and free up funds for a Conde down the line. I’d go with the Arcángel. But I’d try to get a package deal on two, lol.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 29 2020 22:13:11

Jonnycake

Thanks again fellows for your kind and informed comments.

As one can tell,I have a lot of respect for my teacher who genuinely has lived a flamenco life with the gitanos of Andalucia and very much emulates that great and humble soul,Diego del Gastor.

God! I'd love to keep my '83 somehow but with the Canadian exchange rate and the seller needing to procure his retirement barring a lottery win I wont be able to have my cake and eat it too.

So I'll be actively seeking to sell my two although they can be used in trade but only for the Arcangel.
Again,only this particular and amazing guitar could stir me this way as I'm very much in love with my '83,my teachers go to guitar for many years.

Hopefully soon I can post some video of me playing her and also the 2000 Victor Diaz should anyone here be interested as I pursue my quest for the holy grail..lol!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 30 2020 0:40:57

Schieper

Yes, video's are highly appreciated :-)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 30 2020 7:05:26

Ricardo

RE: My Faustino Conde story (in reply to mark indigo

quote:

"Felipe Conde" and "Mariano Conde"

From Phillipe Five address

quote:

The first one is a Conde Hermanos Calle Felipe V made in 2000 and it's not controversial at all.
At that time there used to be 3 Conde Hermanos shops (the other 2 being in Calle Gravina 7 and in Madrid-Atocha). The guitars from Calle Felipe V are considered the best quality Conde available at the time.
Felipe Conde is one of the 2 fellows who used to run the Conde shop sited in Calle Felipe V in 2000 and in 2011 opened his own shop.

Which will, from this day forth ever be referred to as “The Phillipe Conde”. Not to be confused with “Felipe V model conde” nor any other such controversial nomenclature previously associated with guitars produced as “conde” often but not always produced by Felipe Conde, his brother the other conde (Mariano) and their aunts the widows condes.

CD's and transcriptions available here:
www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 30 2020 17:20:05

Jonnycake

Well I'm back for some more punishment, schooling and friendly advice..

[Where the hell have ya been?not that we missed you!]

Jonnycake says;
"Since I've been mightily intimidated by some of the amazing players here on this forum, I've been woodshedding quite a lot ..since at some point one must post a video or two actually playing flamenco..i suppose if you want to be taken seriously. So lots of arpeggios tremolo ,rasquerdos and picado scales lately..hopefully the compas will come..needs a lot of work!"

[Ok..what else have you been up to? Are you ready to fish or cut bait regarding the Arcangel or the Philippe V Conde?]

Jonnycake says;
" still humming and hawing...my '83 conde is really a sweet guitar, I've been trying to just be happy with that and forget about anything else.
Still ,having played it at long last, that Arcangel is truly bloody amazing and one day will be worth probably more than what you'll have to pay for it now.. so yeah..haven't quite decided what to do yet."

[So to help in your deliberations have you been investigating other makes of guitars, you know,checking out the market in order that one day you might become a little more knowledgeable?]

Jonnycake replies;
"Why yes indeed..have you seen those beautiful renditions of the Pepe Habuchela and Moraito Condes? They sure look and sound great..plus they have pegs!
A lot of money but still in the ballpark of what that other one will cost you..and you'd still have the '83 to keep or to sell down the road.
And there are others that are very interesting..an '85 Manuel Contreras peghead hardly played that popped up and then disappeared ...that sure was interesting although heres another luthier I know little about.
But of course you cant play these before buying so there's that to consider."

[Okay,okay aside from all that..what has this forum done that makes you feel good to be part of it!?]

Jonnycake replies;
Well I've learned a lot about strings( waiting for my Labella reds- thanks Ricardo)
Heard some great nuevo flamenco players and enjoyed the discussion about the future of flamenco and its glorious past..
And had many hours enjoyment reading the differing opinions regarding Condes,labels,new builders,and the like..
So yeah it's great being here and now, since its reasonable to assume the world is indeed going to continue without that unimaginable awful caricature of a world leader who's hopefully heading to the dustbin of history not being around anymore soon...I'm cautiously optimistic about the future...now which guitar was I going to get??!!"

Cheers all!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 21 2020 6:09:02

ohjelo

Hi there! Curious if you are planning on selling the 83' Conde eventually? I'm born in 83 and If I would every own a Conde again, I'd love to have something made that year. Thanks and feel free to direct message me.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 22 2020 2:00:09

Ricardo

quote:

Ok..what else have you been up to? Are you ready to fish or cut bait regarding the Arcangel or the Philippe V Conde?]

How about that Phender Stratocaster w/ nylon strings? I hear it works good phor phlamenco as well. Pick or phingerstyle playing. Pheliz navidad!

CD's and transcriptions available here:
www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 22 2020 16:38:49

Jonnycake

Jonnycake replies to Ricardos' bon mot;

[ that Phender Stratocaster w/ nylon strings? I hear it works good phor phlamenco as well. Pick or phingerstyle]

I dunno about a strat( too many pickups) but my single p.u. firechicken,strung as usual works pretty good!
Merry Christmas to you maestro Ricardo and to all forum members near and far!

Attachment (1)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 22 2020 19:52:41
Page:   <<   <   1 2 [3]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Lutherie >> Page: <<   <   1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote