Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Is it real or not / Prudencio Saez Mod 10   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Boran

Is it real or not / Prudencio Saez ... 

Hello everyone. I am from Turkiye and really glad to find a platform to learn so much about flamenco although i can not play it.I hope you all feel ok and safe in your locations.If any of you guys could help me about this Prudencio Saez Mod 10 guitar i will appreciate that. I am about to buy a flamenco guitar with a small budget like 200 USD so i have to check out used ones only. I saw this model on the internet which is for sale in a very close location to me like 50 Km but have no idea about the guitar. Never seen it before and there is no info on the internet.Even a video or a pic. or a review. So i m kind of suspicious is it smthn like immitation or else. If you could just help me to figure out the situation of this guitar( is it fake, if not; is it flamenco or classical ) then i ll take a step to go try it and get it. Thank you all from now. This is the direct link of the guitar on site..

https://www.sahibinden.com/ilan/ikinci-el-ve-sifir-alisveris-muzik-muzik-aletleri-el-yapimi-ispanya-gitar-762847593/detay/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 26 2020 16:49:52

devilhand

RE: Is it real or not / Prudencio S... (in reply to Boran

The description says it's a classical guitar. Check if the guitar has golpe on it. If no golpe, it may well be a classical guitar. We're talking about $200 guitar. Why should the seller lie about a guitar in this price range? I think it's not fake. It's an entry level guitar. Original price must be around $300. In this price range, the playability is more important.

Say No to Fuera de Compás!!!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 26 2020 17:48:04

flyeogh

And here an ad for something close: GUITARRA PRUDENCIO SÁEZ C10
Guitarras artesanas construidas en España. Guitarra clásica de iniciación.
279,95 € IVA incluído.

I'd guess Model F10 would possibly be the flamenco equivalent if one exists, but can find no trace of such.

Pity as I have a guitar in Madrid which needs a fret repair. It was classical but has a low action, would meet the need, and be well inside your budget. But first the lock-down means I can't get to it to repair it, and secondly I imagine transport to you would be a big lump of the budget.

But if you're still stuck in June let me know. I could do with clearing some space as the wife keeps hinting Good luck in your search.

nigel (el raton de Watford - now Puerto de Santa Maria, Cadiz)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 26 2020 18:10:50

Boran

RE: Is it real or not / Prudencio S... (in reply to devilhand

Thank you Devilhand. I checked the photos again, theres no golpeador on the guitar. I have already written a message to the seller but he didnt responde yet.. and yes playability is an important fact like the tones of the guitar. Thanks again.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 26 2020 18:12:14

Boran

RE: Is it real or not / Prudencio S... (in reply to flyeogh

quote:

GUITARRA PRUDENCIO SÁEZ C10
Guitarras artesanas construidas en España. Guitarra clásica de iniciación.
279,95 € IVA incluído.

Hello flyeogh. Thanks for the respond. As you mentioned this c10 looks similar to that one .. and what makes me think that this may be a flamenco model is the similar colour of the front and the back side of the guitar. It has a different sweet orange like colour like turned from a blanca as its an old guitar. ( just felt like that ) I have considered to buy a classical with a law action and a good sound to have some satisfaction on the tones or else playing but as a 40 yr old guy i just decided to have a real flamenco guitar 4 the first time in my life :)) If i can take some time i ll target to prudencio saez mod 15 or 22, or raimundo 125 or 145 brand new one. if i can be patient and balance my budget.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 26 2020 18:22:21

devilhand

quote:

i just decided to have a real flamenco guitar 4 the first time in my life :)) If i can take some time i ll target to prudencio saez mod 15 or 22, or raimundo 125 or 145 brand new one.

If you're a beginner, then nothing wrong with the guitars you mentioned above. All are still entry level guitars. Once you become an advanced player or if flamenco is really something for you and you want to play flamenco for the rest of your life, you have to define a real flamenco guitar differently. Here are a few links for a first impression.

https://www.guitarrascamps.com/en/guitars

https://www.mundo-flamenco.com/nc/en/guitars.html

https://www.lasonanta.com/flamenco-guitars

Say No to Fuera de Compás!!!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 26 2020 20:36:10

Boran

RE: Is it real or not / Prudencio S... (in reply to devilhand

Hey devihand. Thanks for the links..They are really incredible instruments.Well, let me correct my expression as " At least a real beginner flamenco guitar" :) When it comes to define the real quality or perfection standarts about any thing , the choices are almost endless. My last favourite was Jose ramirez Flamenco Studio while listening and then i learned the price was 2400 eur which is never going to be affordable for me :(

Flamenco is really somethinh to me since i was 15 y.o but i never had the chance to dedicate my self to it for some reasons..so i am 40 now and just stayed as a good listener of flamenco but not a performer. I think it is going to be a good experience to learn a few falsetas to perform and/or some solos while i am covering some songs i like, in my home studio. As you know there are some parts in some songs arranged with flamenco partitions. It seems to be that all i can do is to taste this beautiful music style in some ways with my limited talents and equipments. Thanks for sharing any ideas. I appreciate your responses.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 26 2020 21:16:02

Boran

Hey guys. I am just informed by the mail from Guitarras de Luthier - Madrid / Mr.Miguel Angel Cano wrote. As a reply, this is what he wrote.The issue seems to be solved. Thank you all for your help.

Dear Boran,
Thank you very muhc for your email.
PS model 10 is a very old model by Prudencio Saez, it is equivalente to current model 15, but it doen't have the same quality of current model 15,

Hope it helps,

Kind regards,
Miguel Angel Cano
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 27 2020 20:29:16

flyeogh

quote:

mail from Guitarras de Luthier - Madrid / Mr.Miguel Angel Cano wrote.

Miguel is always, in my experience, a very knowledgeable and helpful guy. Doesn't mean you need to buy a guitar off him of course but you could do worse

Should say there are other .............................................

nigel (el raton de Watford - now Puerto de Santa Maria, Cadiz)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 28 2020 8:13:36

Boran

RE: Is it real or not / Prudencio S... (in reply to flyeogh

Yeah flyeogh, his respond was really helpfull for me. Now i am waiting a respond from the seller, but he did not write yet.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 28 2020 13:52:48
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post