Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Is now a good time to buy a guitar?   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

ddias

Is now a good time to buy a guitar? 

Guitar maker John Ray posted an article a few days ago saying now was a good time to buy a guitar, especially to support the economy in Spain. https://johnguitar.com/buy-a-guitar-today/

With all family holidays cancelled and being stuck at home for the foreseeable I could be tempted, but as always reluctant to buy without seeing/playing.

What does everyone else think? Are you considering buy a guitar, or are you conserving cash amidst the uncertainty?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 1 2020 18:43:13

flyeogh

RE: Is now a good time to buy a guitar? (in reply to ddias

If you have the money to spare, and your income has a certain security, then go for it. It will be appreciated

I'm spending all my disposable income as I'm hopeful my pensions will be intact when this is over. Makes me feel better if nothing else. But as for a guitar I have 3 - one more and the wife would shoot me

nigel (el raton de Watford - now Puerto de Santa Maria, Cadiz)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 1 2020 19:15:12

Stu

Haha. I'd love to be able to think about such things as buying new guitars. My industry has completely shut down so any money I have is going towards not starving. I know we all have different circumstances/savings etc

I mean you want an answer to the question. If you have the money to spend as you have some freed up from not going on Holliday etc... Then why would it not be a good time to buy a guitar?? Haha

What would make it a bad time??
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 14 2020 9:32:53

flyeogh

Just bought a Alhambra 2C from a Madrid shop for my niece. Discount of about 12% plus free funda so no big deal. But as the guy I spoke to was working much of the weekend I think business was brisk - so maybe no great need to discount, at least at the more budget level.

nigel (el raton de Watford - now Puerto de Santa Maria, Cadiz)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 14 2020 11:05:18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post