Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

My Experience with Alhambra 7fc   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Ziyad H.

My Experience with Alhambra 7fc 

Well, it's been a month since the day I bought this guitar from a website (blind buy, had no chance of trying it).

Let me tell you guys that this is an amazing and outstanding guitar. My love for this guitar grows day by day.

I've been playing flamenco for the past 3 years with a Yamaha C80 classical guitar (my first guitar ever, I'm self-taught by the way) with a horrendously high action and a big neck profile. Legatos, alzapuas and all kinds of flamenco techniques and styles were extremely hard on that guitar. So i upgraded to this beautiful Alhambra 7fc.

After contacting Alhambra about whether this website " guitarfromspain.com " is a legit website to buy the guitar from, they replied immediately with yes, it is a legit website.

I bought the guitar and waited 20 days till it arrived safely (without a scratch, using fedex) from spain to Saudi Arabia. The guitar was inside a pretty strong box-inside-a-box kinda box haha. I was kinda worried it would have some defects on its way to me but they took a very good care of protecting it.

The guitar comes in an original, beautiful Alhambra bag + the guitar itself was wrapped up in a plastic bag + an extra low saddle (2.5 mm height, measured at the 12th fret, 6th string) + an identification card including serial number and the specifications of the guitar (don't know how to use that serial number Honestly..if someone could tell me, that'd be great). Keep in mind that the guitar comes with an already installed high saddle (3.5 mm height, measured at the 12th fret, 6th string). So, what i did is that i immediately switched to the lower saddle to suit the flamenco style more.

The guitar has that beautiful strong, percussive sound, great playability with that low saddle (i was suffering with the Yamaha C80 😕). The neck profile is great for playability as well (very comfortable). I also have to mention how LOUD this guitar is haha. For the sake of mentioning it, it is an all solid guitar (solid cypress back and sides, solid spruce top). Im highly satisfied with it. Alhambra crafts pretty good guitars and i highly recommend this one. Before buying this guitar, all comments in this fourm and from other sources as well reccomended this guitar and i rarely if ever seen a negative comment about it. That's what encouraged me to buy this beautiful masterpiece.

The price of this guitar was 800 US dollars + 220 US dollars for fedex shipment (god, that was costly) + 500 saudi riyals (approximately 133 US Dollars) for clearing the guitar from the airport customs (fedex takes care of that but you have to pay it when the guitar arrives).

The reason behind writing all this is to be of help to people who are worried about buying guitars from websites and wondering if they're legit and whatnot. Also another reason is to recommend this beautiful guitar ❤

Thank you😁
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 15 2019 12:24:37

AndresK

RE: My Experience with Alhambra 7fc (in reply to Ziyad H.

It is good to hear that you are satisfied with your new guitar. Alhambra does make very nice sounding and very nice to look at guitars with very comfortable and fairly easy playability. You can get a very nice guitar from them even if you pay 220 euros. I have also heard very nice words for their lowest price 2f too. I have only played their classicals, Z nature( veeery good/for price), 1c (always good), 3c (very good price for this kind of guitar), 9p (not so excited about this one). Overall it is a very good company with consistent quality.

Have fun playing your guitar!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 15 2019 15:23:47

flyeogh

RE: My Experience with Alhambra 7fc (in reply to Ziyad H.

Ziyad really glad you are enjoying your new Alhambra. It led to me dusting down my Alhambra I bought second-hand back in 2004. My main two guitars cost a lot more so not fair to compare but the Alhambra is often played by visiting Spanish family and is appreciated by all. The sound is good and as you say it is easy to play. And it looks good and is built to take the knocks and bumps. For sure even though 20 years old it will go on to usefully outlive me

Hopefully you get many years of pleasure from yours. Enjoy

nigel (el raton de Watford - now Puerto de Santa Maria, Cadiz)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 15 2019 15:31:42

Ziyad H.

RE: My Experience with Alhambra 7fc (in reply to AndresK

Thank you AndresK 😁
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 15 2019 17:43:43

Ziyad H.

RE: My Experience with Alhambra 7fc (in reply to flyeogh

Flyeogh,
Don't let that beautiful instrument get dusty.
And thanks, i hope you enjoy playing your guitars for many years to come as well😁
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 15 2019 17:46:24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post