Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Old is Gold (guitar version)   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Manitas de Lata

Old is Gold (guitar version) 

Well , i bought some months ago an old Vicente Tatay e Tomas (model Vitato?) , it had 1 small crack , and need some new machine heads and will need setup (frets etc) .
Besides all of these... eheh... i tried to play with her.. low action no very low , arm very confortable , very easy to play and old vintage sound.

I think it was a "cheap" model from the 60/70s , but the sound is very tradicional and vintage spanish. And thats the thing i was searching abount... to have a old vintage sound for a low cost , in this case very low cost...
It doesnt have the most beatifull brigth or warm tone , its more like agressive hard wood sound , lots of dry wood sound..

Really dont know the brand/model of the low tension strings that came with the guitar , but the basses are weak and the trebles are very well balanced richy tone.
I like loud basses and warm rich sustain trebles... the question is , what kind of strings should buy? flamenco or classical strings?
anyone with the same experience?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 21 2019 15:11:30
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote