Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Ramirez tablao Guitar   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Ricardo

Ramirez tablao Guitar 

Here is the ramirez tablao Guitar
Jpeg not supported in Luthier section
http://www.foroflamenco.com/tm.asp?m=317182&appid=&p=1&mpage=1&key=&tmode=1&smode=1&s=#317198

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (2)

CD's and transcriptions available here:
www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 23 2019 16:40:59

Echi

RE: Ramirez tablao Guitar (in reply to Ricardo

Here are a 1889 Manuel Ramirez and a Francisco Gonzales

Attachment (2)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 24 2019 7:19:24

Echi

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Feb. 24 2019 7:23:23
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 24 2019 7:21:49

Echi

Here is an original Josè Ramirez of the time

Attachment (1)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 24 2019 7:24:47

RobJe

The flamenco-guitar.net online museum has guitars from all the Ramirez family in one chronological list.

https://www.flamenco-guitar.net/museum/jose-ramirez/

It is interesting to see the variety of scale lengths with many of the earlier guitars being less than 650. I note that the ‘re-edition’ has a 650 scale. This Jose I model is described as “based on his template and design but enhancing details of construction, adapting it to current preferences relative to comfort and proportions.” Time will tell whether these are regarded as curiosities or find favour with classical and/or flamenco players.
While acknowledging the important place of the Ramirez dynasty in the history of guitar making, they were not responsible for every development in guitar making or training every other luthier in Spain. For example there were many makers in Barcelona turning out guitars very much like the Ramirez I guitars.

Rob
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 25 2019 11:21:34

Echi

The great Enrique Garcia, a luthier of the caliber of Santos and head of the Barcelona school, was trained by Manuel Ramirez.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 25 2019 22:44:03

RobJe

RE: Ramirez tablao Guitar (in reply to Echi

OK – I give up. Ramirez rules!
Digging around, perhaps Fleta is the only one in Barcelona who came to making guitars by a different route. Perhaps the same is true for Ramón Parramón in the days when Jacinto Pinto built their guitars.

Rob
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 26 2019 18:20:41

Echi

I have never been a fan of the Ramirez guitars until I found some good ones (in this case with spruce top).
The same I could say for Conde. After that, I changed my mind facing the evidence.

Nonetheless it’s undeniable that the Ramirez House ( being a serious company with a good output) tought the job to many top luthiers.
Would have we got Santos or Garcia without Manuel Ramirez? Or Bernabe without Josè III? Who knows...

Fleta at the beginning used to follow the tracks of Garcia. I think GSI had a Torres style guitar made by Fleta and all the early Fleta were spruce topped and quite smallish. Fleta used build mostly bowed strings instruments before seeing Segovia playing and getting fascinated by him.
The classical guitar made by Fleta for Segovia is quite an original instrument instead..Probably this originality comes from his background with the bowed instrument.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 27 2019 11:39:34

RobJe

quote:

The classical guitar made by Fleta for Segovia is quite an original instrument instead..Probably this originality comes from his background with the bowed instrument.

I get the impression that Fleta approached the making of a fine modern (for the time) concert guitar in an experimental way. I remember an interview when he was asked about the 9 fan struts in an instrument and he replied that he only used 9 when it was necessary.

Meanwhile here is picture of my "tablao guitar" dated 1960 on a Parramón, Barcelona label, bought from the Parramón shop in 1960, but almost certainly a reworking of an earlier guitar.

Attachment (1)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 27 2019 12:08:42

Richard Jernigan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Echi

Would have we got Santos or Garcia without Manuel Ramirez? Or Bernabe without Josè III? Who knows...

During various trips to Madrid, making the rounds of the guitar shops, I probably spent less than an hour with Paulino Bernabe. He said little about his experience with Jose III, nor was self-deprecation a feature of his conversational style.

However I did spend a good deal of time with Manuel Contreras Sr.--I liked him a lot. More than once he told me what a strict taskmaster Jose III was, and how he brooked no dispute of his judgment.

Once I said something mildly critical of Jose III's published theories of guitar design. Manuel Sr. observed that it was more art than science, then said of himself, Bernabe and Manzanero, "Where would we all have been without him?"

RNJ
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 27 2019 21:17:14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote