Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Flamenco is dead????????????????   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Morante

Flamenco is dead???????????????? 

¡Viva la juventud!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 25 2018 15:47:39

tele

RE: Flamenco is dead???????????????? (in reply to Morante

He probably wouldn't make any money by singing flamenco at least.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 25 2018 15:54:06

Leñador

Nice!

\m/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 25 2018 17:08:21

payaso

Flamenco callejero in Caceres seems quite a phenomenon. When I was there three years ago there was an impressive small group of singers and a guitarist. As a change from the rumbas I asked the singer/guitarist to sing a fandango, which he did very well.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 25 2018 17:34:45

callemunicion

olé de verda
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 25 2018 17:58:43

joselito_fletan

RE: Flamenco is dead???????????????? (in reply to callemunicion

quote:

olé de verda

POSI
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 25 2018 21:50:50

Piwin

RE: Flamenco is dead???????????????? (in reply to callemunicion

As opposed to the "olé de mentira"?

Damn it, I don't know if I can trust the audience anymore!

"Anything you do can be fixed. What you cannot fix is the perfection of a blank page. What you cannot fix is that pristine, unsullied whiteness of a screen or a page with nothing on it—because there’s nothing there to fix."
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 25 2018 22:56:05

joselito_fletan

quote:

Damn it, I don't know if I can trust the audience anymore!

Yup, the guy must be making some pretty good coin to afford those Nike's on a street performers salary
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 26 2018 11:45:47

Morante

RE: Flamenco is dead???????????????? (in reply to joselito_fletan

quote:

Yup, the guy must be making some pretty good coin to afford those Nike's on a street performers salary

Nike's can be bought for buttons from the top manteros. False, of course, but who cares nowadays?

This kid plays well. If you think that playing a rumba with this soniquete and singing at the same time is easy, just try it.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 26 2018 14:43:29

Leñador

quote:

If you think that playing a rumba with this soniquete and singing at the same time is easy, just try it.

That was the first thing I noticed, singing aside(which I enjoyed) the way he was playing that rhythm was very cool.

\m/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 26 2018 20:10:05

joselito_fletan

RE: Flamenco is dead???????????????? (in reply to Leñador

quote:

If you think that playing a rumba with this soniquete and singing at the same time is easy, just try it.

JAJA Que te levantaste hoy con el humor metio por el culo no?. Y por favor ni intentes justificar al chaval, que yo fui monaguillo antes que cura. Y ya que quieres tocarme los huevos un poco, ten mucho quidao morante, que uno nunca sabe quien esta detras del teclado.

Y fue una broma pichita, pero si quieres te sigo metiendo el deo en la llaga
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 26 2018 22:38:12

Piwin

lol, I just imagined that right after the video cuts, he gets up and drives away in his ferrari. Turns out, his day job is hedge fund manager at Santander

"Anything you do can be fixed. What you cannot fix is the perfection of a blank page. What you cannot fix is that pristine, unsullied whiteness of a screen or a page with nothing on it—because there’s nothing there to fix."
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 27 2018 2:00:25

joselito_fletan

quote:

lol, I just imagined that right after the video cuts, he gets up and drives away in his ferrari. Turns out, his day job is hedge fund manager at Santander

I am gonna keep rolling with this since it's kinda fun ( I am not used to being so opinionated over the internet, I'm a quite person who would rather observe than talk)

He looks more like the "perroflauta" type which are all over spain lately. For more information please look up "enziclopedia perroflauta" on Youtubes lol. And i know how to write, i used the z just like the perroflautas do.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 27 2018 7:46:08

Piwin

Lool. The first time I came to Spain I actually dated a perroflauta. Live and learn... She had a dog but no flute. Nasty bitch too (the dog of course). She had this van that she had sort of worked on to turn the back into a living space. Boring routine sex in the back of a van with a dog sleeping right next to you and Extremoduro blasting from the sound system with a sound quality so low it was basically just a long pssssshhhrrrrrr at varying frequencies. At some point I woke up and went back to real life. My Spanish grammar has significantly improved since I left her.

I don't know whether this is true of all perroflautas, but what stuck with me about her and her group of friends was that, behind all the political speech and whatnot, it basically seemed that they had thrown all of their dreams out the window. I guess in their eyes it was just too much work to try and reach those dreams. So ever since, in my mind, perroflautas are where dreams go to die. Those memories are somewhat comical in hindsight, but when I really think about it it's pretty sad for them. Nothing worse than a life wasted for lack of trying.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 27 2018 9:32:35

joselito_fletan

RE: Flamenco is dead???????????????? (in reply to Piwin

Let's not hijack Morantes post and leave it at the kid can play a rumba. Don't want to make more out of it than it is at first glance.

I like you analysis of "perroflautismo". Thank God my parents smacked some sense into me as a kid.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 27 2018 10:18:58

Piwin

quote:

Let's not hijack Morantes post

You're right. I get easily distracted!
Sorry Morante. Back to the music.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 27 2018 10:23:22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post