Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

May flamenco workshop   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Useful Stuff >>Events >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Stu

May flamenco workshop 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/5238849319/permalink/10156012991014320/

Hey guys. Check this course out. It's primarily a dance course as its run by Ollie giffin of flamenco academy. But they've added a guitar class this year. Taken by jero ferec who's awesome. Might even be a member here.

I some times play for ollies class and he's a top dancer and the people he gets to teach for his workshops are fantastic.

Think I'll be doing the guitar course.
Anyone fancy it?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 5 2018 10:53:20

Brendan

RE: May flamenco workshop (in reply to Stu

Any word on what he’s going to do? Or how many places?

https://sites.google.com/site/obscureflamencology/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 5 2018 15:52:45

mrstwinkle

RE: May flamenco workshop (in reply to Stu

I did a few private lessons with Jero a few years back while he was still a student here in Oxford. Superb, technical, modern guitarist. Not my usual style (Jerez....) but his album Color Prohibido is well worth a listen.

So - Hmmm. Maybe, although time/hassle of getting down to London 3 days in a row is a bit offputting. ....And I'm usually am in Spain that time of year though to get the 'free' extra day.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 5 2018 22:33:39

Stu

RE: May flamenco workshop (in reply to Brendan

I can't actually go now. At a wedding in Mallorca.
I could ask him what he plans to do? Although he may not know yet. I didn't get the impression it was a specific palos workshop.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 16 2018 18:27:07

jeroferecflamenkito

RE: May flamenco workshop (in reply to Brendan

Hi Brendan... and Stu! And everyone else on this thread!

Thanks so much for showing interest in this course, I’m really excited to be coming back to the UK to teach at FlamencoAcademy!

For those asking re course content this is what I had in mind:

Each class will start with 45 mins of technical excercises- those starting Flamenco will get a chance to familiarise themselves withthe techniques and those already very familiar will be able to hone and polish their technique (technique is really important! Hehe)

I then wanted to focus on three different styles: Soleá, Taranto and Bulerías, maybe Alegrías too if we have time. The planis to understand the structures used in the dance and the style of playing needed to accompany- the falsetas and material we study will be learned IN CONTEXT of the dance ie. Understand why each falseta is useful in this context and in which stages of the dance it is applicable. This is really useful not just for those starting out but especially for those of you who are also beginning to start performing and working with dance (nobody actually sat down and explained much of this to me until after I had been working with dance for a good few years and it was a lightbulb moment!).

If any of you have questions do feel free to contact me via email: jero.ferec@hotmail.co.uk or contact Flamenco Academy directly!

Besos!

Jero
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 19 2018 14:46:15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Useful Stuff >>Events >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll