Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Advise on how to fix this guitar   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Lutherie >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Haithamflamenco

Advise on how to fix this guitar 

Dear All,

ok, I ordered this guitar from Spain for a customer, shipper send it through company no 1 , then company no 1 ship it to company no 2, then i receive in this shape, company no 1 is blaming company number 2, and company no 2 is blaming company no 1, any way.

I need your advise on how to fix this guitar:

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (3)

Bahrain is my country and Andalucia is my dream
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 3 2017 6:59:19

jshelton5040

RE: Advise on how to fix this guitar (in reply to Haithamflamenco

Anything can be repaired. First and most important advice is to take the strings off.

I'd have to see the inside before making any suggestions about how to proceed with the repair. I can tell you it won't be easy since that part of the guitar is very difficult to reach without removing the back.

John Shelton - www.sheltonfarrettaguitars.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 3 2017 14:58:41

pundi64

Blame who you bought it from, they must of packed it like a cracker-jack box, and when you received it, the prize was crap.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 3 2017 18:31:01

Tom Blackshear

Un-string the guitar and do a dry run with spool clamps, etc. to see how it goes back together then apply glue, liberally, to all surfaces that are exposed and clamp it. Hopefully the top struts are still in place. You might check with a mirror to see. Then clean up the overage of glue with a wet cloth until clean. Wait about 12 hours for the white water based glue to set, then release the clamps.

This is just a make do way to fix it.

Or better yet, take it to an experienced repairman and get a price quote to fix it, then check with the shipper to see if they have any shipping insurance to cover the cost.

I might add that if you ordered this guitar for a customer then it is always advisable for you to carry insurance to guard against any potential damage.

Tom Blackshear Guitar maker
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 4 2017 15:32:18

Haithamflamenco

quote:

Anything can be repaired. First and most important advice is to take the strings off.

I'd have to see the inside before making any suggestions about how to proceed with the repair. I can tell you it won't be easy since that part of the guitar is very difficult to reach without removing the back.

ok, I will post photos for the inside view of the guitar

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 5 2017 11:38:22

estebanana

Send it back if you can. The center seam of the top is compromised. Probably beyond the scope of a home repair.

Was the shipping insured?

https://www.stephenfaulkguitars.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 6 2017 9:09:09

Haithamflamenco

RE: Advise on how to fix this guitar (in reply to estebanana

quote:

Send it back if you can. The center seam of the top is compromised. Probably beyond the scope of a home repair.

Was the shipping insured?

no shipper didnt insure and was poorly packaged , also expensive to send back

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 6 2017 10:02:38

estebanana

My advice is to call the highest ranking person in Company 1 and 2 and raise hell Tell them that passing the blame is shameful and unacceptable.

And be persistent. The guitar is pretty much a loss as a nice merchandise. Approach them from the standpoint of being a business owner who is receiving unsatisfactory service and being lied to by one company.

Contact the maker/factory and demand your money back or a new guitar replacement on the grounds that they did not insure the shipping. Stand your ground with the factory and let them know you don't mind being publicly vocal about what they stuck you with and that in an environment of social media they probably can't afford that. I've ordered books and supplies from Spanish companies that work in a honorable way in regard to shipment mishaps, so it's not a "that's how we do it in Spain" issue.

Think you should as a business person fight more. Make sure the guitar company knows or person -company that sold you the guitar will never get another order from you or any one you know. It's totally uncool to ship a guitar without insurance or good packing. Unprofessional in every way.

I feel bad for you and I wish you the best of luck.

https://www.stephenfaulkguitars.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 6 2017 22:16:29

Haithamflamenco

RE: Advise on how to fix this guitar (in reply to estebanana

quote:

My advice is to call the highest ranking person in Company 1 and 2 and raise hell Tell them that passing the blame is shameful and unacceptable.

And be persistent. The guitar is pretty much a loss as a nice merchandise. Approach them from the standpoint of being a business owner who is receiving unsatisfactory service and being lied to by one company.

Contact the maker/factory and demand your money back or a new guitar replacement on the grounds that they did not insure the shipping. Stand your ground with the factory and let them know you don't mind being publicly vocal about what they stuck you with and that in an environment of social media they probably can't afford that. I've ordered books and supplies from Spanish companies that work in a honorable way in regard to shipment mishaps, so it's not a "that's how we do it in Spain" issue.

Think you should as a business person fight more. Make sure the guitar company knows or person -company that sold you the guitar will never get another order from you or any one you know. It's totally uncool to ship a guitar without insurance or good packing. Unprofessional in every way.

I feel bad for you and I wish you the best of luck.

I went for three meeting there with managers, its useless.

my weakness side is the shipmnet is not insured and poorly packed.

supplier refuse to return so no chance and hope with them and also now it set like this for almost two years.

hopefully i can fix it, what kind of glue i can use ? is there any hidden glue?

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 24 2017 7:26:14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Lutherie >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote