Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Help Wanted With Possible Manolo Franco Signature   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Chris999

Help Wanted With Possible Manolo Fra... 

Hello everyone,

It has been a very long time since I have posted on the forum and I do apologize to you if I posted this in the wrong area. I am a guitar player, but just a novice when it comes to the style of flamenco, even though I love it. But one of my passions is collecting the autographs of my guitar heroes.

I have been searching for around a decade to try and find a Manolo Franco autograph with no luck. I know they are out there, but they simply never seem to come up for sale. I have seen 2 examples ever, and both came from members on this site.

So I was recently on ebay and an autographed LP of Paco de Lucia came up, and although I was pretty confident it wasn't signed by Paco, I chose to take a chance on it, because there were numerous signatures on the LP and you never know whose signature you may find. So when i got it in, i couldn't identify any of the signatures, but did notice what appeared to be a signature possibly close to that of Franco's.

My personal opinion is that it is not Franco's signature. It appears that it is from someone with the last name of Francesco, but I just can't be sure. I don't know why Franco would have ever signed such an LP, but i thought I would ask the knowledgeable guys on this forum to see if they might be able to lend me a hand on some opinions. Do you think this could be Franco's signature? If not, any ideas of who may have signed it?

And most importantly of all, if you possibly have a Manolo Franco signature that you would see that is on a photo, piece of paper, album, etc, please contact me. As long as its within reason, i will take it off your hands. I even have a few autographs i would trade for if your interested (Segovia, Montoya, etc).

Thanks for your time and for the forum
Chris

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (2)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 7 2017 4:38:22

Chris999

RE: Help Wanted With Possible Manolo... (in reply to Chris999

For Reference, here are the 2 examples of Franco's signature that I have on file to compare too.

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (2)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 7 2017 4:41:03

Stu

RE: Help Wanted With Possible Manolo... (in reply to Chris999

Firstly, I'm no expert on signatures. I could recognise pacos as I have it from him in person on, funnily enough, my Fuente y cuadal tablature book. Plus you see it all over modern guys guitars.
I can only see, what appears to be the signature in question, in the first photo. But even then, what would be the word Manolo, seems too short.
But the two examples you give are different, so what's to say he didn't sign it diff a third time?

Perhaps deciphering some of the other sigs may help you determine whether that's actually Francos.

I can see
Luisa
Pepe A
Conchi

And that's about me done. I'm sure other more knowledgeable (geeky) members could help me than me.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 8 2017 6:05:01
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post