Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Savarez Flamencita strings   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

keith

Savarez Flamencita strings 

A year and half ago I bought a set of Famencita strings more out of curiosity and kept them in their package. This week I decided to try them out. DOGS!. The sound of the strings was poor at best and there was a noticeable decrease in volume. I figured the strings might not be up to the standards of the usual top of the line brands but these strings are the equivalent of a Yugo (for those who remember that car).
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 21 2017 23:28:54

Richard Jernigan

RE: Savarez Flamencita strings (in reply to keith

I've been using Savarez 520R "red cards" on my flamencas for more than 40 years. I've tried a few others. Some other basses might last a little longer, but I have always ended back up with the red cards.

Just used to them, I guess.

RNJ
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 22 2017 3:57:22

jalalkun

well...even if you keep them in their package, after one year and a half the nylon might deteriorate and the strings' quality might suffer a lot. that's at least what I experienced with a set of luthier 20 strings that I kept flying around only for a couple of months in my drawer.

My name is Jalal.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 22 2017 7:37:17

BarkellWH

I use a full set of Savarez high tension 540Js on my Gerundino and have always been pleased with them.

Bill

And the end of the fight is a tombstone white,
With the name of the late deceased,
And the epitaph drear, "A fool lies here,
Who tried to hustle the East."

--Rudyard Kipling
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 22 2017 15:01:13

keith

The flamencity strings are the ones with the dancing woman on the package and are super inexpensive-probably made in the basement or were the proto of Savarez nylon strings.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 22 2017 17:39:57

sartorius

RE: Savarez Flamencita strings (in reply to Richard Jernigan

I've also been using Savarez 520R for more than 10 years on all my flamenco guitars with outstanding results although the 4th has to be discarded sooner than the others.

As the trebles in the 520R last an eternity I now put Augustine Blue Label basses for a really great combination for sure...
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 10 2018 19:06:33

joselito_fletan

quote:

although the 4th has to be discarded sooner than the others.

When it comes to strings, I find user preference has a lot to do.

I agree, Savarez are great for a couple of days. I go through periods of the year where I am playing 6 to 8 hours a day minimum and after 3 days of constant playing all my basses are breaking down and cut up. I do not suffer from the same problem with Luthier strings, they last longer (they come vacuum packed) and have a great sound!

I find that Hannabach strings are a good substitute for Savarez. I like using hannabach black trebles and Luthier 40 45 basses. But then again it also depends, If I know im gonna be playing a juerga, (friends wedding, comunions, ferias, romerias, holidays) where im gonna be going non stop for hours I will use a guitar the flamencos call "Churruona", I guess in english they call them "easy to play", soft guitar with lower tension so your hands are not bleeding after of a couple of hours.

And what I have always told anyone who has been a student of mine. It does not matter what strings are on a guitar. A good guitar player will make a guitar sing no matter what strings he uses.

I think this is the longest post I have ever written in a public internet forum lol
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 10 2018 21:34:42

tele

I really liked the savarez corum basses and alliance as g string, med tension.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 13 2018 16:29:05

zavaletas

What I have found having had 1000s of guitars go through my hands is that each guitar is different, and some strings will work better than others with a particular guitar. That said, one of my first go to strings are the Savarez corum cystral, non-carbon medium tension. Alberto Hernandez sent me a guitar he made for me recently, strung with Tomatito High Tension strings-- I like the strings but not the tension, and so bought some normal tension Tomatito strings, which we much better for this particular guitar.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 2 2019 20:40:28
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post