Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Madrid trip what to see and hear :)   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

sorin popovici

Madrid trip what to see and hear :) 

Hi guys,

Long time no see. Nobody probably remembers me :), cause it's been a while. In short, I've been well. I still love flamenco, been practicing a bit from the encuentro the Merengue de Cordoba videos which I think are awesome and learnt the Vicente Amigo tres notas... kind of a dream come true to be able to do it a bit.

I am going to Madrid this week, this Friday and I wanna see live flamenco and not the tourist experience if possible. I will be staying for 4 days.

Found this article http://www.madridchow.com/blood-sweat-and-gypsy-tears-five-best-flamenco-bars-and-the-best-flamenco-show-in-madrid/

Do you have some suggestions where to go?

I also is it possible to try a Conde guitar will being there in the Conde shop? I don't have to dough to buy it will probably just get a traditional capo or something like that.

Also, sightseeing tips or where to eat good food and maybe have a drink are welcome.

Cheers :)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 21 2016 9:26:12

Piwin

RE: Madrid trip what to see and hear :) (in reply to sorin popovici

Shame I'm out of town this week. Would've been happy to show you around.
Candela is a fun bar to go to (late). Café Berlin has been scheduling some really good shows of late but I guess that would fall in your "touristy" category. Alternately, and probably your best option, just call up one of the many penas around and see what they've got going on.
In non-flamenco stuff, el Matadero always has something interesting going on.
You could call up el Entri, nice guy, always happy to meet new faces.

"Anything you do can be fixed. What you cannot fix is the perfection of a blank page. What you cannot fix is that pristine, unsullied whiteness of a screen or a page with nothing on it—because there’s nothing there to fix."
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 22 2016 11:43:47

sorin popovici

RE: Madrid trip what to see and hear :) (in reply to Piwin

Thank you Piwin

I will check hopefully all these places you've mentioned. :)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 23 2016 4:09:16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post