Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Amazon withdraw Brexit over negative reviews   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Escribano

Amazon withdraw Brexit over negative... 

Do you like my glimpse of a few weeks ahead?

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (1)

Foro Flamenco founder and Admin
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 26 2016 21:30:39

Piwin

RE: Amazon withdraw Brexit over nega... (in reply to Escribano

Brilliant!

"Anything you do can be fixed. What you cannot fix is the perfection of a blank page. What you cannot fix is that pristine, unsullied whiteness of a screen or a page with nothing on it—because there’s nothing there to fix."
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 26 2016 22:16:09

Escribano

RE: Amazon withdraw Brexit over nega... (in reply to Piwin

quote:

Brilliant!

Thanks, it took many wasteful hours on a Sunday afternoon and I needed cheering up.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 26 2016 23:13:24

Estevan

Brillo Simon!
My shout... (God, it's all so depressing)

Me da igual. La música es música.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 27 2016 0:08:18

BarkellWH

quote:

Thanks, it took many wasteful hours on a Sunday afternoon and I needed cheering up.

They were not wasteful hours, Simon. It is a clever piece of work. And I hope it gave you some satisfaction.

El Kiko has some interesting thoughts on various options the future may hold. This is uncharted territory. The French reportedly are demanding Britain start the process of disentanglement immediately. Am I correct in assuming that an internal vote in itself has no effect on Britain's position in the EU? That a formal notification invoking Article 50 must be made before the process can begin?

Cheers,

Bill

And the end of the fight is a tombstone white,
With the name of the late deceased,
And the epitaph drear, "A fool lies here,
Who tried to hustle the East."

--Rudyard Kipling
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 27 2016 1:41:30

Dudnote

RE: Amazon withdraw Brexit over nega... (in reply to BarkellWH

Brilliant Simon!! Made me laugh it did. Do you mind if we share?

It's certainly shaping up to be a sticky political mess. Some in Europe are pressing to rush things through ASAP. Merkel proclaims things should not be rushed. Both labour and conservatives are embroilled in leadership battles. Now Heseltine is suggesting the majority of MPs favour remain and there are over 3 million signitures on a petition to hold a second referendum - which has to be debated in parliament. Nicola Sturgeon has suggest Scotland could block moves to invoke Artical 50. Then there's Artical 7 that's been nick named Europes nuclear option, but it is unclear if it can/will be invoked. And the Lib Dems have proclaimed they'll campaign to bring the UK back into Europe. It's going to be an interesting week!!

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/26/fightback-against-brexit-on-cards-remain-eu-referendum-heseltine

Ay compañerita de mi alma
tú ahora no me conoces.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 27 2016 3:26:17

Blondie#2

Very good

Mind if I share on Facebook?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 27 2016 8:00:24

Escribano

RE: Amazon withdraw Brexit over nega... (in reply to Blondie#2

Please share away. There are several elements of the truth in there.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 27 2016 8:20:06

Escribano

RE: Amazon withdraw Brexit over nega... (in reply to BarkellWH

quote:

Am I correct in assuming that an internal vote in itself has no effect on Britain's position in the EU? That a formal notification invoking Article 50 must be made before the process can begin?

That is correct, no-one has activated Article 50 before and it will be a dead man walking, whoever does. If Boris Johnson wins the Tory leadership and tries to agree terms for Article 50 internally, he will be hung out to dry in an onslaught from pro-EU forces (that includes the G7) to accept the single market, with free trade and free movement. That will be a hard sell to the Leavers, who are basically Trump-like in their views on immigration.

It's all rater fascinating in a car crash kind of way.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 27 2016 8:28:06

payaso

Have UK members signed the petition to the UK government for a 2nd referendum, originally started by a Leave supporter expecting to lose by a narrow margin? Now at over 3 million signatories.

It is very important that we should try our best to protect and promote the interests of old people and those suffering financial and educational poverty, but it’s not in anybody’s interests, least of all theirs, to give them the casting vote on the future destiny of their country.

The UK parliament should decline to be bound by the referendum’s absurdly narrow margin.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 27 2016 9:51:44

Piwin

RE: Amazon withdraw Brexit over nega... (in reply to payaso

quote:

absurdly narrow margin.

As much as I agree with you on the rest, 52% vs 48% is hardly a narrow margin in political terms. Many a presidential election has been won on a narrower margin than that...

@Escribano. I especially love the attention to detail. "17 people found this useful"

"Anything you do can be fixed. What you cannot fix is the perfection of a blank page. What you cannot fix is that pristine, unsullied whiteness of a screen or a page with nothing on it—because there’s nothing there to fix."
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 27 2016 11:02:06

El Kiko

This is where Ireland is at the moment ..small country , big influence from USA and big market with UK ,,

Attachment (1)

Don't trust Atoms.....they make up everything.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 27 2016 16:25:05

El Kiko

Heres another way of putting it

Attachment (1)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 27 2016 18:21:23

Morante

RE: Amazon withdraw Brexit over nega... (in reply to El Kiko

Ole Kiko

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 27 2016 22:42:14

Paul Magnussen

Excellent. But I think this still has to be my all-time favourite…

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 28 2016 0:26:02

Morante

RE: Amazon withdraw Brexit over nega... (in reply to payaso

quote:

Now at over 3 million signatories

Now we know that many have come from bots.

"As Britain voted to leave the EU, Brussels leaders begin plans to set out their new military strategy, believed to include plans for a controversial EU army.

And they will announce how they intend to spend their £1trillion budget for the next seven years this week after 'delaying' their proposals until after the referendum.

They will also present a raft of measures that cover everything from their plans to introduce EU border checks and the accession to the European Convention of Human Rights.

According to insiders, politicians from the 28 member states have been waiting for months as bureaucrats dragged their heels on settling their draft budget and tabling a number of key proposals.

The budget proposals, known as the multi-annual financial framework, were shelved at the last minute last month."

You cannot believe anybody
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 28 2016 15:06:43

Piwin

RE: Amazon withdraw Brexit over nega... (in reply to Morante

It would help if you told us who or what you were quoting...

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 28 2016 15:38:14

El Kiko

Bots , especially in the twitter account area , have been used on both sides , i hear , usually to spread propaganda , as to actual voting , I dont know
77,000 signatures were removed from the referendum petition poll , it still left over 3 million voters anyway , which is not a big number at all out of the 64 million that live in great Britain ,,,granted not all are of voting age . however ..
The multi-annual financial framework was a bit weird as they said i was NOT a budget , and yet when explained it seemed to be exactly that ...
perhaps not a total budget , it was more of a financial programe to ensure that EU spending is predictable and stays within the agreed limits, on certain things ...

in short ............a budget ...????!!!

As to the secret EU army ...I dont know where they're gonna get the time or money to sort that one out in the near future as we all see that there is a huge refugee crisis, Italy is on its way to a possible economic meltdown, Portugal ..not doing so well , and Spain will be next ,,, the E.U. has high general levels of unemployment,The far-Right are on the rise saying ''I told you so ''.. and there is a crisis of faith in Europe generally . The very last thing needed now is Brussels getting involved in an endless military game.

The Eurocrats should direct their divisions of bureaucrats towards tackling the problems of the real world.

thats my 2.5 cents ....( before it's devalued)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 28 2016 16:44:48

Piwin

RE: Amazon withdraw Brexit over nega... (in reply to Paul Magnussen

That video is mesmerizing. I can't turn my eyes away...

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 28 2016 18:21:00

Piwin

Many of these proposals have been put on the table before, in various forms. It may be true that some of these proposals have been postponed. On many of them, Britain is and has historically been, one of the main forces against these proposals. This is the case of the accession to the EHCR where Britain as done a bit like the USA has done with the International Criminal Court. Stay out for fear that you may actually get called on some of the bullsh*t you're doing. Discussions on EU armed forces have been going on for decades. On the one hand, you have those who would rather have a bit less reliance on NATO (i.e. the USA) and obviously the UK is against this. Waiting for the UK's exit could be a political opportunity for those who remain in the EU I suppose, a way to get these things to pass with the UK out of the picture. That being said, there are other things, such as the midterm review of the financial framework, that are non-issues. The midterm review is scheduled for the end of 2016. We're not there yet.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 28 2016 18:35:58

Estevan

The Kiko, your terrifying post reminded me of this:

Attachment (1)

Me da igual. La música es música.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 29 2016 2:02:07
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages