Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Builders Beware: Best *****   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Lutherie >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Builders Beware: Best ***** 

Hello,

I regret that I have to post this warning about a luthier supplier, but unfortunately I have no choice. After waiting months for 2 sets of templates; `58 Les Paul & `58 Flying V, my patience has finally worn out with *****

I have reached out to him on a few occasions, first time he was sick, then a few weeks ago, his girlfried responded and said his brother died, and that there was a parcel with my name on it for shipping.

I emailed a few days ago, and received no reply. Paypal was kind enough to send him an email to regarding payment that was sent in April. No answer to that either. So I guess I have to hit every luthier site now?

Since researching his name, I find I'm not the only one he has gotten over on.

Hope this helps.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 24 2016 20:16:50

timoteo

RE: Builders Beware: Best Eurospruce (in reply to *****

I don't know anything about the business you mention, but as a small business owner I know that no matter what I do SOMEONE will complain. Sometimes the complaint is valid, sometimes it isn't. The customer ISN'T always right ...

To properly evaluate your complaint, we would have to know something about you. But the fact is, this is your first post - you've never participated in this foro before.

It seems you're just using this foro to badmouth a business, and doing it in a very self-serving way. Don't try to portray this as "helping" us. We don't know you, and we don't know the other side of the story, and personally I'm not really interested in listening to some "he said she said" account of what happened.

It's also unfair for you to post this complaint to many different forums without informing the seller - the seller deserves a right to reply to your public complaint. You don't seem to want an open discussion of the facts, since you're posting where you know the seller won't see it.

I also consider it dishonest of YOU the way you chose your username - you're hiding your identity with a name similar to the seller, presumably so that searches on the seller name will turn up your many complaint posts. If you had a valid complaint, there would be no need for dishonest tricks like this.

You indicated you used PayPal to pay - that means you can automatically get a refund for non-delivery. PayPal puts the entire burden on the seller to prove that delivery was made. PayPal will give you your money back, no questions asked, then require the seller to prove otherwise. This sucks if you're the seller, but as a buyer you have the benefit of the doubt. If you have a problem with the seller, please take it up through the PayPal dispute resolution process, don't go spamming every guitar forum in the world with your problem. I would also caution you that your implication of fraud, made in a public forum, could be considered libel (but fyi, IANAL), so you might want to use a little more discretion on what and where you post your screed.

(& BTW, if I were the admin of this foro, I would delete your post.)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 25 2016 1:31:38

Tom Blackshear

RE: Builders Beware: Best Eurospruce (in reply to *****

quote:

I emailed a few days ago, and received no reply. Paypal was kind enough to send him an email to regarding payment that was sent in April. No answer to that either. So I guess I have to hit every luthier site now?

I have to agree with Timoteo, in part, as I think this issue needs to be handled with Pay Pal and the offended party.

There are so many other possible issues involved that it is doubtful that this is the best way to handle it on any forum without implicating innocent readers.

Tom Blackshear Guitar maker
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 26 2016 14:40:20

Escribano

RE: Builders Beware: Best Eurospruce (in reply to Tom Blackshear

I didn't see this post and I agree this is not the place for potentially libellous claims. I have therefore edited the post and locked the thread.

Please report such posts when you see them.

Foro Flamenco founder and Admin
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 26 2016 16:14:50
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Lutherie >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote