Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

First flamenco guitar in Europe   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

pesusak

First flamenco guitar in Europe 

Hi everyone!

Newcomer here. I'd like to buy my first flamenco guitar. I'm from Czech Republic, where you can't buy a single one (except ordering from Thomann etc.). So my only choice seems to be to order from some shop, where they care about their products and their customers.

I made some research and it looks like the best option (or least bad one) for me is to order Mundo Flamenco 2F from Johannes and his shop in Freiburg. Or, I've seen a lot of you talking about Navarro Student model. Is there a way to get one without paying the insane 21% tax?

If not, does anybody have experience with Mundo Flamenco 2F and is willing to share?

Thanks for all your insights,
Petr
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 24 2016 13:24:42

Dudnote

RE: First flamenco guitar in Europe (in reply to pesusak

Welcome.

Can't help you with tax scams, my last guitar earned the local mafia in uniform far more than I bargained for.

Take a look at the GuitarsFromSpain website. They sell Camps guitars which for factory builds get good reviews.

Ay compañerita de mi alma
tú ahora no me conoces.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 24 2016 23:44:46

Echi

Hi there,
I'm not sure how is Czech Republic with the EU VAT regulations:I presume Czech Rep is within the Europe commercial area.
Anyway you should pay VAT just once, either from the seller (the disposed price is usually VAT included) OR when you import the guitar to your home country.
In your case, given Czech Rep is within the EU market zone, you are supposed to pay the VAT just from the seller.
If you buy outside Europe you will pay the 21% VAT to your custom police but in this case the seller will take away the VAT.

There are good shops out there but you must be always careful: IMHO Mundo Flamenco is a little more expensive than the other spanish competitors but is the most professional as Johannes choses personally what he sells and he deals with fussy customers.

In the last years the 2nd hand market of flamenco guitars in Spain has been dragged out by a couple of Online shops.
The price is often very good but you should consider that sometimes they buy guitars in a questionable shape, they fix them and sell at a higher price.
My best friend sold them an old Conde in terrible state for 1900 euro, the shop revarnished it completely through a gentleman called Paredes and eventually sold it for 3500.
Of course sometimes they sell also guitars with minor repairs but I suggest you to check properly when you buy 2nd hand guitars.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 25 2016 17:23:46

Ruphus

Suggestion, in case of you having close relations to someone in Germany (which is relative close by to the CR. I know a Czech audio guy who regularly shops in Germany):

Get some days off and be guest in Germany.
Study private ads on used axes (years ago there were plenty of interesting offers, now, way further into recession offers should be even more attractive) and scour the offers within certain distance.

Return home with a possible gem and true bargain.

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 25 2016 18:25:10

Stephen Eden

Also there are many people who don't need to charge VAT within the EURO zone. I guess it depends on your budget though.

Classical and Flamenco Guitars www.EdenGuitars.co.uk
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 28 2016 21:57:29

Oliver

My first flamenco guitar was a (Camps) Mundo Flamenco 2F and i still have it and like it. It is a good guitar for the start, i think. I bought it about two years ago from Johannes.

I tested it "against" three different HSL 2F models, which were a little bit better (more "raspy", more flamenco) soundwise (i guess due to the cypress back and sides - the Camps has laminated maple), but the Mundo Flamenco 2F has a very comfortable low action and therefore easy playability. For me, this playability and the lower price became the argument to choose the Mundo Flamenco 2F over the HSL 2F.
I also have a (very good) HSL 2F now, and when i play the Camps, i instantly notice the easy playability. For example: I can play a much faster picado on it, but it's not quite as loud as with the HSL 2F.

So it would not be "the least bad one" to buy, because it's not bad at all. Of course i can only speak for the guitar i have, but the quality control is said to be good at Camps and especially at Mundo Flamenco. The craftsmanship is good, the playability is good, the sound is good and sweet too (depending a bit on the strings you use - mine works better with HT strings), but not as much flamenco as a guitar with cypress back and sides.

I hope this might help a bit.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 29 2016 16:41:25

pesusak

After all I bought Mundo Flamenco 2F from Johannes and I really like it.

What you describe Oliver, I thought is sure thing for every flamenco guitar. Are you saying, that I'm gonna have a harder time once I'll start playing some different guitar which isn't from Camps? :(
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 23 2016 14:05:58

Oliver

Normally it is a sure thing for flamenco guitars (especially compared to the average string height of classical guitars) to have good playability.

If you compare flamenco guitars to flamenco guitars, it is just natural that they have a different feel/playability, so some might suit you better than others.

I guess in the end it all depends on personal preferences...
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 14 2016 11:29:30
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post