Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Pedro Soler   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

HeyDukeLives

Pedro Soler 

Just wondering if other folks enjoy this gentleman's playing as much as I do.
Very old school solo and accompaniment style. You can really hear his integrity through his playing.
He made an experimental album with his cellist son gaspar Claus.....just an old Blanca and cello....
Far from traditional but there are some really beautiful moments on that record.....called Barlande.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 29 2015 21:10:41

Dudnote

RE: Pedro Soler (in reply to HeyDukeLives

I had his Sombras album on an mp3 play a while back and it got a lot of replays. A nice slow and simple approach to toque with lots of space for the music to breath. It lived up to it's name. I really liked it.

I just heard his collaboration with Gaspar Claus for the first time on YT. I don't know Gaspar Claus, but he strikes me as being in quite the same mold as many musicians doing the contemporary circuit in France. After a while all those efforts to sound new and different to conventional music do tend to sound like the same formula is being applied again and again. From what I heard on YT there is potential in that collaboration, but it would be much better if Claus could move his playing closer to cante and away from current norms on the French contemporary scene.

Ay compañerita de mi alma
tú ahora no me conoces.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 29 2015 23:38:50

Richard 3

RE: Pedro Soler (in reply to HeyDukeLives

Being one of the old folks, Ilike his playing too.

I would like to play more of his music, but there are very few of his pieces published, nothing by Claude Worms and nothing by Alan Faucher.
Anyone knows the reasons?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 18 2015 9:45:01
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote