Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: Foro Flamenco   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 2 [3]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

El Kiko

RE: Foro Flamenco (in reply to Pimientito

If theres no flamenco here ,,, then post some ...
if Raúl de Nerja arrived at your house ,, and it was good .. post a minute or 2 of home video from a phone or webcam or something ..

I dont get the point of complaining about something that you can fix yourself ...

this foro is a bout as wide as you can get , in terms of ...
age ., Ability , location.. languages . interests .. almost everything all tied together with one common like .....

Don't trust Atoms.....they make up everything.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 19 2015 18:57:05

eg.czerny

RE: Foro Flamenco (in reply to Mark2

quote:

I'd rather sort through his rambling bs than read about some dude who wants to know how to tap his foot.

OK now I am offended. I want to learn when to tap my foot.
Seriously though I just want to thank everyone who has shared their time, knowledge, videos, and opinions. I have learned a lot. Like many on the Foro my interest in flamenco started well before the internet. In my 20's I would have given my left nut to have this resource. Ok maybe not, I was 20.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 19 2015 20:25:29

ToddK

RE: Foro Flamenco (in reply to JohnWalshGuitar

quote:

What the hell is 'cante'? Is it something got to do with castanets? Is it a scale or something?

Maybe it's related to Polka dots? I have no idea.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 20 2015 3:19:42

tele

RE: Foro Flamenco (in reply to Leñador

quote:

ORIGINAL: Leñador

The reality is Morante loves this place and us. Otherwise why would he be such a regular. He's like that grumpy uncle that complains about us kids and waxes poetic of the good ol days but ultimately, he IS family, and beyond that hard exterior is a velvety soft interior that loves his little guitar buddies on the Internet.
Beyond all this, we love him too, we need that perspective or "feet on the ground" as someone put it. Of course he could go about it more nicely, but that's just not him, he's the grumpy uncle and that's fine with me. Lol

Purple kush?

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 20 2015 10:55:55

[Deleted] (in reply to tele

[Deleted by Admins]

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 20 2015 12:15:47

Ruphus

RE: Foro Flamenco (in reply to Ricardo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricardo

It has to do with the simple fact that for non spanish speakers, guitar is and always has been the great ambassador to the world from spain...not cante. Baile appeals to the even more superficial interests (ie no one that would get so involved as need a forum). Guitar playing is VERY involved activity, regardless of the genre. This thing is only normal, ...

Justifiedly so.
It is the most challenging to master.
Singing and dancing you can learn to master just by going with example and using your voice and body by naturally given control. (Specially easy when starting young / still flexible to engage natural features for any way and style in question.)

Instruments like guitars, outside of naturally provided means that they are, take a lot more efforts to control.
-

Further in general (regarding all genres), the less musically touched the audience the more focus there is on vocals and lyrics or athletic performance like dancing.
In fact it quite seems like the majority of people listen to music for its lyrics. Music being merely transporting medium to them. (Which is why they won´t bother or even recognize often times most banal structures or the X-th musical plagiarism of an originally famous song.)

They are after the words (that are more often than not rather trivial as well ["oh, why she left me", "her beauty so bewitching", "love, love, love" -... that must be existing somewhere out there, won´t it]) and if there´s thrown in some athletics, costumes, fireworks or thelikes, just the more exciting.

The muscials´ ears however detect the instrumental proficiency and musicality, and invite the humble guitarist to come in front out from the original shadow, so that his virtuosity can be admired and enjoyed.

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 20 2015 12:28:56

sig

RE: Foro Flamenco (in reply to Ruphus

quote:

Further in general (regarding all genres), the less musically touched the audience the more focus there is on vocals and lyrics or athletic performance like dancing.
In fact it quite seems like the majority of people listen to music for its lyrics. Music being merely transporting medium to them. (Which is why they won´t bother or even recognize often times most banal structures or the X-th musical plagiarism of an originally famous song.)

They are after the words (that are more often than not rather trivial as well ["oh, why she left me", "her beauty so bewitching", "love, love, love" -... that must be existing somewhere out there, won´t it]) and if there´s thrown in some athletics, costumes, fireworks or thelikes, just the more exciting.

I was doing a gig at a restaurant in the area a few weeks ago with a fellow guitarist, singer and a dancer. We started off the first 50 minutes with guitar only then the second set was with the singer and only one dance number. The 3rd set was all of us for about 20 minutes. The crowd really got into it and we, meaning myself and the other guitarist we were very pleased with the overall performance. A few days later we found out some friends of the the other guitarist were there and said the guitars were good but that singer and dancer, nice!! Yeah, ok I'll just bus the tables and finish cleaning up when we're done :) Until I starting performing I thought the guitar was it, I found out differently...
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 20 2015 15:09:34

El Rey De los Bagres

RE: Foro Flamenco (in reply to sig

quote:

Until I starting performing I thought the guitar was it, I found out differently...

You are doing it wrong...first if you are not god looking get plastic surgery then grow hair for a pony tail. throw away the nerdy nylon stringed guitar and get a real guitar namely a steel stringed one. But the most important thing is you compose all your tunes in C G and D in the time of 4/4 keeping away from any abstract stuff that might deviate from the main motive of the piece and that sort of jazz.

And Sing passionately because nobody wants to hear just a guitar.

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ Olé Bagreeee!!!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 20 2015 22:04:26

Leñador

RE: Foro Flamenco (in reply to El Kiko

quote:

Purple kush?

I'll have some of that too, please!

Hahaha, I wish, I've been weed clean for a while, trying to lose weight and that don't help me none.

\m/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 20 2015 22:15:28

Sr. Martins

RE: Foro Flamenco (in reply to Leñador

Señor Lenny, no tienes some mexicans to mown the césped for you?

"Ya no me conoce el sol, porque yo duermo de dia"
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 20 2015 22:34:42

Leñador

RE: Foro Flamenco (in reply to El Kiko

Se llama zacate aqui lol

\m/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 21 2015 6:31:17

JohnWalshGuitar

RE: Foro Flamenco (in reply to ToddK

quote:

ORIGINAL: ToddK

Maybe it's related to Polka dots? I have no idea.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 21 2015 11:06:22

mark indigo

RE: Foro Flamenco (in reply to JohnWalshGuitar

quote:

What the hell is 'cante'?

can you te?

I can't te,

but I know someone who can te....

he's a fishier nado than me....

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 21 2015 18:11:50

sig

RE: Foro Flamenco (in reply to El Rey De los Bagres