Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: iRig Acoustic (clip-on microphone)   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: <<   <   1 2 [3]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Dudnote

RE: iRig Acoustic (clip-on microphone) (in reply to Sr. Martins

Thanks guys. It's reassuring to have advice on this from Kermit the Frog.

Ay compañerita de mi alma
tú ahora no me conoces.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 28 2015 21:38:50

Sr. Martins

RE: iRig Acoustic (clip-on microphone) (in reply to Dudnote

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

"Ya no me conoce el sol, porque yo duermo de dia"
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 28 2015 21:49:32

Dudnote

Great to see your getting some practice in froggy. I didn't clock up as many fretboard hours as I'd hoped today with all those family kermitments.

Ay compañerita de mi alma
tú ahora no me conoces.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 29 2015 3:52:22

Ruphus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dudnote

Great to see your getting some practice in froggy. I didn't clock up as many fretboard hours as I'd hoped today with all those family kermitments.

Hehehe, funny note!
-

With Kermit mentioning "some noise":

I have had such in recordings, like say just a teeny-weeny horn from traffic that had sneaked into isolation booth and sat behind a vocal.

At first you think it tolerable, but with every repetition of auditioning your unconscious anticipation grows, sort of alarming you beforehand that at that certain spot there is to come that noise.
I´ve come to the conclusion that strange noise that won´t conceal within musical context will ruin a whole piece of music.

One of the reasons why I don´t even try recording here, where there is an acoustically great room, but no insulation.

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 29 2015 12:52:32

braguesa

I know analog IOs connections are noisy, but I'm impressed with the sound quality this little device achieves.
I've ordered one and will try it with my stuff, not only guitars but other ethnics instruments. There's no perfect devices, indeed, only those who can help you somehow.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 29 2015 21:47:56

rombsix

quote:

Ramzi, is that clip on obliged to go through an Android, or could I plug it strait into a multitrack recorder such as the Zoom R8 (Lots of jack sockets in the back)?

Not sure... Ask the people at IK directly, I would say.

quote:

You got it wrong way. You've been spending "here and there" with not so great results because you didn't get the right equipment.

All you really need is a microphone and a small USB interface with phantom power. You can even buy it in a bundle with cables and headphones included, software, etc. With this you can even connect your guitars directly with a cable.

What you can do with computer software is miles beyond the samsung + irig clip that you have now.. and without latency or extra stuff to buy (unless you want to).

That last video I posted for a guitar contest was all done with freeware... guitar amps, mixing effects, synths, etc.

Right now you've got a very crippled setup, neither the USB mic or the clip on thing are worth it for what you want.

Lenny was also a bit like you but this week he decided to follow my advice and got himself an interface for 50 bucks. He's just scratching the surface but already getting a great sound.. just wait until he plugs his electric guitar and starts using some amp sims.

I've tried these setups, and they are not compatible with the video recording software I use (cannot use such setups as the audio source for some reason). That means I'll have to start recording video and audio separately then merging them, and I really cannot be bothered to do that now.

I hear your points of view.

If I decide to overhaul everything that I do regarding audio and video recording at one point in the future, I will invest in proper gear (such as the audio setups you mention as well as a digital SLR camera).

Cheers!

PS: Blondie - agreed with your assessment about the AKG. Thanks, Ruphus, for suggesting it. Alas, it really sucked for recording...

Ramzi

http://www.youtube.com/rombsix
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 30 2015 5:31:35

Sr. Martins

RE: iRig Acoustic (clip-on microphone) (in reply to rombsix

quote:

I've tried these setups, and they are not compatible with the video recording software I use (cannot use such setups as the audio source for some reason). That means I'll have to start recording video and audio separately then merging them, and I really cannot be bothered to do that now.

I can't imagine what the problem would be other than not setting up things correctly.

Either way, inserting and syncing audio recorded from another source takes what.. 2 seconds?

I also don't see how the iRig connected to your android is working for your video stuff but whatever floats your boat, really.

"Ya no me conoce el sol, porque yo duermo de dia"
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 30 2015 15:55:30

rombsix

quote:

I can't imagine what the problem would be other than not setting up things correctly.

Either way, inserting and syncing audio recorded from another source takes what.. 2 seconds?

I also don't see how the iRig connected to your android is working for your video stuff but whatever floats your boat, really.

I don't know, hombre. I sincerely tried to make the compatibility work, and it didn't... Maybe next time I try, I'll get your impressions for more support.

Yeah - two seconds is what it takes, which means two seconds longer than what I wanted to wait.

The iRig doesn't - it just offers that live-effects stuff in a simple way, which was most of the reason I got it. It's not a perfect product, but it serves a purpose.

I appreciate your input, and I'm happy that there is an expert in this domain that I can turn to in the future if I decide to modify my setup.

Cheers hombre!

Ramzi

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 30 2015 16:51:44

rombsix

RE: iRig Acoustic (clip-on microphone) (in reply to rombsix

Ramzi

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 6 2016 6:22:00

Cervantes

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Apr. 8 2016 18:28:21