Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Music Tech News   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Ruphus

Music Tech News 

Seen part of a report on latest tech releases for the musician world.

Only fetched the end about NI´s newest synthing / sampling which appears to have diversed and refined so far that you may even be satisfied with emulated piano sounds.

Also good news for DIs for which NI´s Traktor has been taken to the next level, allowing for all kinds of manipulation under the programs constant overview of your whole music collection.

Nesxt, finally relief for a girl I mentioned today on another thread, whom I witnessesd bringing her guitar out of house for to have it tuned.
Now there is a tuner available that grabs your gear knobs and tunes the guitar in no time.

Most amazing however was a rig that enables non-musicians to compose even whole symphonies by just the movement of their body.
As someone who would let his body individually respond to the music when dancing I must say that what this invention does is truly amazing. It creates in accordance to your movement with incredible accuracy and muscial stringency (including the arrangement), but more even, in ways that you would just imagine it should.
Absolutely incredible.
It will even allow two interacting people as conductor in the same time.
If you like to check out how it does, the name is "Kinect".

These things, including other subjects like in photography where intelligent gadgets meanwhile can produce results that rival professional gear and setting (with the exception of composition, ... yet), make me one other time wonder about the long term development.

Purists may deny that animation can equal human creativity, but this is obviously being increasingly being debunked the more time passes. (Admitted by me who for several reasons for one stems from the purist fraction himself, secondly however has to simply acknowledge the technical progress and invention as is.)

Already 15 or so years ago with only 30 minutes or so tinkering in a software called "Band in a Box" (I think it was) me stored down a jazz piece that I actually like listening to.
And that was just a basic tool compared to current applications which can even serve users who have never touched an instrument and need having no clue altogether. (Not even of in depth using the computer.)

If there can be generated music that may be musically enthralling and indistinguishable from tracks made through real playing of instruments ... What will the musican´s future be like?

For me personally, playing instruments always will be attractive and of sense.
But what will the merrits for future musicians be, except of personal relish or giving small concerts before wealthy people?

Will there be any motivation to learn an instrument, except for those who discretely appreciate the instrument and the playing of it?

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 4 2015 17:58:47

Ricardo

RE: Music Tech News (in reply to Ruphus

cool...now if only guitar players could tune their guitars that would something!

CD's and transcriptions available here:
www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 5 2015 11:37:44

Ruphus

RE: Music Tech News (in reply to Ruphus

No need anymore. It´s got a mechanical tuner now! hehehe
-

Seems as it could even turn stiff gear, at least those crappy old ones they showed in the docu quite looked like such.
However, they didn´t let the guitar sound afterwards for to show how well that axe was actually tuned then.

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 5 2015 12:46:00
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote