Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

TremoloMute Practice tool by Rosette   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

MikeC

TremoloMute Practice tool by Rosette 

I was looking for a guitar mute to be able to practice without disturbing the rest of the family while watching TV and found this device on Amazon: http://tiny.cc/nwcb0x it's also available at Stringsbymail.com. I don't know if it has been reviewed here before but I felt like sharing my experience.

It is a simple device and probably similar to using a sponge under the strings, but it is a more elegant solution and for less than $7! I thought it was worth a try.

I've been using it for a couple of days and I like it a lot! I've been using it to practice rasgueados and It has helped me to focus in getting more evenness (equally spaced notes). It is fun to play with the mute on, you get kind of a pizzicato sound. The strings still vibrate some, especially the basses, but it a very subdued way. And as an added bonus, when you remove it your guitar sounds so bright and open that makes it more enjoyable to play.

Mike
Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with this company.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 7 2015 19:05:26

El Kiko

RE: TremoloMute Practice tool by Rosette (in reply to MikeC

quote:

a sponge under the strings

nuff said

Don't trust Atoms.....they make up everything.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 7 2015 19:29:52

crooksj5

I know this is a hard question to answer but how much volume would you estimate that it takes away? 25% 50%
I am thinking about getting one for practice after midnight because I'm in an apartment.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 31 2015 5:12:11

MikeC

RE: TremoloMute Practice tool by Rosette (in reply to crooksj5

I would say more than 50%. It is a significant drop in volume.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 31 2015 9:44:58

Blondie#2

RE: TremoloMute Practice tool by Rosette (in reply to crooksj5

quote:

ORIGINAL: crooksj5
I know this is a hard question to answer but how much volume would you estimate that it takes away? 25% 50%
I am thinking about getting one for practice after midnight because I'm in an apartment.

You can see exactly how much quieter a string mute would be on your guitar, just fold a duster and wedge it under the strings, or make one (I made one out of a strip of foam).

For early morning sessions whilst everyone is asleep I use a silent guitar/travel guitar for practice. Lots more money than a string mute, but I get tons of use out of it. Its a lot quieter than a string mute.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 31 2015 10:37:53

Dudnote

RE: TremoloMute Practice tool by Rosette (in reply to Blondie#2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blondie#2
You can see exactly how much quieter a string mute would be on your guitar, just fold a duster and wedge it under the strings, or make one (I made one out of a strip of foam).

quote:

For early morning sessions whilst everyone is asleep I use a silent guitar/travel guitar for practice. Lots more money than a string mute, but I get tons of use out of it. Its a lot quieter than a string mute.

Cool idea...

Ay compañerita de mi alma
tú ahora no me conoces.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 1 2015 1:20:23

crooksj5

I like the idea of playing my actual guitar. I think I will grab one of these mutes on my next string order.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 2 2015 18:16:46

Ricardo

Many good flamenco guitars are designed with very low bridge set up... This device looks a bit tall. This here is ideal for any guitar:

http://youtu.be/0Ixo94glUuU

CD's and transcriptions available here:
www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 2 2015 20:40:41

MikeC

RE: TremoloMute Practice tool by Rosette (in reply to Ricardo

It fits fine. My guitar has a low bridge. It collapses easily. It even comes with additional riser pieces (which I didn't use) for classical guitars. You can definitely use a sponge. But I know that I would be losing that sponge all the time. This thing, I keep it the head slots, threaded between the tuners.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 3 2015 14:05:11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post