Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Bad times and good fellows   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Ruphus

Bad times and good fellows 

The stray puppy diary that some of you know about has seen many entries and stories since its start over 3 years ago. Mostly things you wouldn´t want to know.

This time however, in positive light, I would like to share todays entry with you.

9th of May, 2015

Last night at 1:30 am there was a short squeal of pain that made me look after it.
It was the mother dog, still alive. Her pain even worse than last time I saw her. Her trial to walk like in slow-motion hurting so much that she would shriek from her own moves while her rear was wanting to fall to the side from the torment in her legs.
It was a shattering situation impossible to watch.

After struggling with myself for minutes I called the doc. He instructed me to feed her with food that would contain multivitamine and antibiotics. I said, how could this help her against the raging pain. Then I went out with some pieces of raw chicken.
She has a dog friend who obviously isn´t the father of the puppies. He seemed to guard her and the puppies. And when I approached he pretended be the strong guy so that I should not approach, in real however he was a very calm and sweet one.
She had hidden herself and me had forgotten to take the flash light with me. So I gave the meat to her friend and the puppies and returned with another portion and light. Found her lying in the dark in an abandoned lot. Talking gently and moving slowly she understood my friendly approach. Gave her the food which she gobbled down immedaitely. Now I saw how badly emaciated she actually is.

Returned home to cook chicken parts with rice as fast as I could, while acting like a dumb from all that nervousity, and put ice cubes on it to cool down faster. The doc called saying I got him awake anyway, he was about to come. I thanked him so much.
He arrived around 40 minutes or so later.
We put a crushed pill into one of the cooked piece that should only slightly sedate her. Then we went for a coffee until it effected. We discussed the case, him saying that if her pelvis was broken we would need to euthanize her. I asked how much an operation would be. 2000 bucks he says. After me investing he said we could possibly find someone who´d do it for 800. I say, I would be prepared to pay if must be. Biggest problem would be however, where to host her during a treatment.
The doc tells me besides how the intelligence service has become aware of his and colleagues engagement for strays, and how they contacted some members and told them to mind their own business and let be the strays.

We returned to the mother dog again and the doctor palpated her. When her pain got too big she bit us both in the hands but only cautiously. The doctor said none of the legs seem broken, someone must have beaten her with full power with a big stick or a shovel on the lower back, probably someone she had trusted, as she must have been standing at that moment. (Which is why I always fear the worst when I hear a local stranger luring a stray with sweet voice.) We returned to the lot once again and gave her six injections with pain killer and all the things the doctor thought to be helpful. And before he left he pondered about giving her another pain killer, but I asked him to not, as she is so badly emaciated that she would so to say have had almost as much drugs in her body like blood.
Also brought them water, though due to experience knowing already that the trash collectors won´t let the bowl stay for more than some hours.

The doc said when I see her today somewhat walking then it should be a good sign. Hopefully then her hip may not been broken. I have not been there yet, waiting for the siesta to set in first. As the doctor warned me: "When folks see you caring for neglected dogs they will drop their sick animals at your door". I responded to have actually have had that already.

He also left me pills against parasites for mother and puppies which I will put into the food that is currently simmering for their lunch.

The meds he used are pretty expensive in this excessively overpriced realm. But when I asked him to sum up for me he refused, saying: "It makes you feel good to help such poor creature."

He left at 5:00 am. I am so thankful to have found and befriended with him.
Me cleared up the little of remaining chaos downstairs, fed my own pack and went to bed at 6:00.

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 11 2015 9:36:01
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote